Who the hell is Lady Gaga?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
And should I care? Apparently she is the most popular something er other on the planet. Just heard of her a few days ago for the first time.

Send some smoke signals up to my turnip truck.

A4NoOb

Nominee Member
Feb 27, 2009
You should care for her if you plan on making money from her. Which a lot of corporations are now doing.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
She is fairly talented songwriter, with a gift for the flashy/sexy dance arrangements and videos much like what Madonna did twenty years ago.

If you like that sort of music, you'll like her stuff. If you don't, you won't.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Lady Gaga is catchy music for catchy music people. It's music that can give people that instant kick of techno inspired gratification. It's good enough if you like that sort of thing, but musically does not accomplish much more than that. But if we're talking about intuitive or inspiring music, Gaga is definitely not either of those and that ship sailed a loooooooong time ago.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
And should I care? Apparently she is the most popular something er other on the planet. Just heard of her a few days ago for the first time.

Send some smoke signals up to my turnip truck.

She's just the latest Britney Spears who sings crappy music that's apparently catchy with the impressionable youth these days and the next person to try and take the "shock" value up to the next notch with weird music videos and exposing as much of her body as legally possible.

Nothing new and you're not really missing much.... if you're really interested, search for her name on YouTube for some of her music videos and you'll get the gist.

In a couple more years, there'll be another like her.... and so on.... to the point where she'll be so out of date that the only way to keep herself in the spotlight is to go on big drinking/party binges, get heavy into the drugs, act like she's losing her mind like Spears and skank it up with as many people as possible to get a page in the local tabloids like all the others.

And the cycle continues.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I like some of her stuff. "Poker Face", "Bad Romance", etc. are pretty good. I am fortunate that I can enjoy almost any kind of music. If someone's music appeals to some people, then obviously there's at least a little talent involved.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
She is fairly talented songwriter, with a gift for the flashy/sexy dance arrangements and videos much like what Madonna did twenty years ago.

If you like that sort of music, you'll like her stuff. If you don't, you won't.
Exactly.
I finally saw one of her vids. Someone posted "Alejandro" in a thread here somewhere.

only question is how long does she go until something negative happens? something that destroys her reputation?
lmao If the Rolling Stones can make drugs popular and Gene Simmons can make promiscuity popular, I'm sure that not much of anything short of killing people could damage a rep.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Lady Gaga's rape at 19 led to her becoming pregnant
Author of the article:WENN - World Entertainment News Network
Publishing date:May 21, 2021 • 1 day ago • 3 minute read • 13 Comments
In this file photo taken on January 27, 2019 Lady Gaga walks the red carpet at the 25th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles.
In this file photo taken on January 27, 2019 Lady Gaga walks the red carpet at the 25th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. PHOTO BY ROBYN BECK /AFP via Getty Images
Article content
Lady Gaga became pregnant after being raped.

The 35-year-old singer has recalled how she was sexually assaulted by a music producer when she was just 19 years old and “froze” through the moment, but she’ll never name her attacker because she doesn’t want to face him again.

Speaking in the first episode of Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry‘s new Apple TV+ series, The Me You Can’t See, Gaga said: “I was 19 years old, and I was working in the business, and a producer said to me, ‘Take your clothes off.’

“And I said no. And I left, and they told me they were going to burn all of my music. And they didn’t stop. They didn’t stop asking me, and I just froze and I – I don’t even remember.

“And I will not say his name. I understand this Me Too movement, and I understand people feel real comfortable with this, and I do not. I do not ever want to face that person again.”

The Poker Face hitmaker then revealed she became pregnant following the attack when she explained how, years later, a doctor advised her to see a psychiatrist for her chronic pain, leading to her diagnosis of PTSD.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below.
Article content
“First I felt full-on pain, then I went numb,” she recalled. “I realized it was the same pain I felt when the person who raped me dropped me off pregnant on the corner, at my parents’ house, because I was vomiting and sick. Because I was being abused. I was locked away in a studio for months.”

Gaga then experienced a “total psychotic break,” which the show suggested occurred around 2018.

“For a couple years, I was not the same girl,” she added, before revealing she still has urges to self-harm.

“Even if I have six brilliant months, all it takes is getting triggered once to feel bad,” she said. “And when I say I feel bad, I mean I want to cut. Think about dying. Wondering if I’m ever going to do it. I learned all the ways to pull myself out of it.

“What’s so interesting is the line I walk, feeling like I wanna cut myself and feeling like I don’t, are actually real close together. Everybody thinks it’s gotta be a straight line, that it’s like every other virus, that you get sick and then you get cured. It’s not like that. It’s just not like that. And actually, I think that traps people…

“You know why it’s not good to cut? You know why it’s not good to throw yourself against the wall? You know why it’s not good to self-harm? Because it makes you feel worse. You think you’re going to feel better because you’re showing somebody, ‘Look, I’m in pain.’ It doesn’t help.”

But Gaga insisted she isn’t looking for pity and just wants to tell her story to help others.

“I don’t tell this story for my own self-service, because, to be honest, it’s hard to tell,” she sighed. “I feel a lot of shame about it. How do I explain to people that I have privilege, I’ve got money, I’ve got power, and I’m miserable? How do you do that?

“I’m not here to tell my story to you because I want anybody to cry for me. I’m good. But open your heart up for somebody else. Because I’m telling you, I’ve been through it and people need help. So, that’s part of my healing, being able to talk to you.”