Who Cares, we hate Canada

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
RE: Who Cares, we hate Ca

An interesting side note to this topic:

There are some things that do boarder on racism. I mean, I get the whole reverse-racism thing, and I understand how that pisses you guys off. But at the same time, you have to remember that there is still quite a bit of real racism alive in Canada. I'll give a couple of examples:

1. I am 1/16 native. What this means is that I qualify as Status Metis, which in theory, would give me a leg up when it comes to job prospects. Right? The whole, wanting to hire minorities thing.

But if you think about it, and I mean honestly think about it. Do you think that I would actually get an advantage making a claim on my heritage? Or do you think that there is enough racism against Indiginous Peoples in Canada that it would be a bad move (career wise) to advertise?

Personally, I completely ignore that I qualify for it, and leave it off my applications. I know that for every one job out there looking for the minority, there are two that will round-file my resume because of that checked box.

Example 2:

Our landlords are extremely nice people. Religious, but not too religious, if you catch my meaning. They haven't raised our rent on us, even though the market is red hot. They invite us out back to enjoy their firepit, drink beers, watch TV, etc.

On the flipside, they have no problem talking about how much they don't trust 'foreigners;' how they wouldn't ever go to a 'foriegner' doctor. They see nothing wrong with discriminating against people simply because they are new to this county. Now, I don't know about you folks, but I have a problem with that.

Anywho, just sharing a couple of thoughts.

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com
I agree with most people on the subject. You come to Canada you learn one of our languages and you respect us and our laws. You want a nation based on your religion you go back to whereever you came from.

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com
I agree with most people on the subject. You come to Canada you learn one of our languages and you respect us and our laws. You want a nation based on your religion you go back to whereever you came from.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
You can blame the liberals for allowing all the crap to imigrate into our country. If these people don't have anything good to say about Canada, or show no respect for Canada, they can go back to the slums they came from. When in Canada do as Canadians do.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nikki said:

Who we shouldn't welcome is anyone who brings violence and hate with them. But not everyone has twisted their religion to use it to promote their own power agenda. We all, except the first nations, came from somewhere else and brought our religions, cultures, and languages from elsewhere and have made a pretty unique and successful go at it.

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com
Lineman said:
Nikki said:

Who we shouldn't welcome is anyone who brings violence and hate with them. But not everyone has twisted their religion to use it to promote their own power agenda. We all, except the first nations, came from somewhere else and brought our religions, cultures, and languages from elsewhere and have made a pretty unique and successful go at it.

We have two official languages 1) english 2) French. You come here you learn one. If I moved to France I woudl be learning French. If I moved to spain I would learn Spanish. Canada is not a country where it's laws are based on religion. If people want that they should go back to where they came from. Like I said you come here you respect Canada's laws and this country. I don't care if you practice your religion I am not saying everyone should be Christian, I am not.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Learning english and/or french is not a law, it is a choice. Same goes for France and Spain. A person can choose to learn either language but we as a country will not force them to. It's one of those silly freedoms we enjoy in a democratic society..

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com
Re: RE: Who Cares, we hate Canada

Lineman said:
Learning english and/or french is not a law, it is a choice. Same goes for France and Spain. A person can choose to learn either language but we as a country will not force them to. It's one of those silly freedoms we enjoy in a democratic society..
I know that it isn't law. But if you go to another country you should have the decentsy to learn one of the offical languages. If you don't fine but don't you get pissed off at people when they don't know what you are saying.

And having my OWN opinon, that many others on here share I might ad, is another one of those silly freedoms.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would never deny you to have an opinion of your own. As you say it's one of our most cherished and used freedoms. Much the same as my right to disagree with your point of view and to also discuss it here openly.
Maybe it's part of growing older but I stopped being pissed off at other people just because they're a different culture or religion. After all is said and done it's what they choose to be. Now I get pissed off at intolerance and superior attitudes towards others.
I'm not advocating opening the floodgates by any means but my impression is your reasons for expelling or refusing entry are based only on language, religion, and race.

Edit: Just to clarify my train of thought, I would without hesitation deport the Khadr family out of this country of the first plane east. There is no room for people who support and advocate violence the way they have openly done. But they are not indicative of the way the vast maojority of immigrants think and act.

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com

Lineman said:
I would never deny you to have an opinion of your own. As you say it's one of our most cherished and used freedoms. Much the same as my right to disagree with your point of view and to also discuss it here openly.
Maybe it's part of growing older but I stopped being pissed off at other people just because they're a different culture or religion. After all is said and done it's what they choose to be. Now I get pissed off at intolerance and superior attitudes towards others.
I'm not advocating opening the floodgates by any means but my impression is your reasons for expelling or refusing entry are based only on language, religion, and race.

I don't give a rat's ass what culture or religion anyone is. All I care about is that they aren't blowing up our bulidingl, spreading hate, and most importantly I would like to understand them when they call my office. What does piss me off is when they don't know english or French fluently or enough to get by and they start calling me names like that is my fault. :roll:

Language, Like I said I don't care what language they speak as long as when they are interacting professionally they know one of the official languages, religion... LOL I hate all realigion equally personally I think religion is the root of all evil but that is another thread entirely. And I dont care what race anyone is. If I was a racist like you are implying I wouldn't have realtionships with other races like I do. And I certainly wouldn't be married to a Matiee person. So To that I say Fuck you.

EDIT: Also I didn't say that if they don't know our language they should be denied entry. I said that once they are hear and In canada they should learn the language Just as I would if I went to another country.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sorry, didn't mean to get you all riled up. If you go back and re-read our posts you'll see we're in agreement in most areas. I however have chosen to be a little more understanding and patient when it comes to people who don't speak the same language as I do. They will eventually learn english or french as most do. I'm sure if you were in another country where you didn't speak the language you'd certainly want them to be patient with you while you struggled to communicate.

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com

Lineman said:
Sorry, didn't mean to get you all riled up. If you go back and re-read our posts you'll see we're in agreement in most areas. I however have chosen to be a little more understanding and patient when it comes to people who don't speak the same language as I do. They will eventually learn english or french as most do. I'm sure if you were in another country where you didn't speak the language you'd certainly want them to be patient with you while you struggled to communicate.

It is not the "eventually" people I am talking about. I should have been more clear about that. I am talking about those people that come here and think they don't have to learn our languages. Yet, they want to get professional jobs and exspect everyone to understand them. I have to deal with that on a daily basis and it is very irritating. I have met individuals that don't want to learn the language they just know the basics which is fine if you aren't dealing with people on a daily basis. I had one guy tell me that if I wanted to understand half of what he said ( he goes back and forth btwn the languages) I should learn his language because he wasn't learning anymore english. Those are the people I am talking about. Not those that have just come to Canada and are just learning.

Lineman

No sparks please
Feb 27, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Whatever your job is I can see you loosing patience if you're coming across people with those attitudes. As for the guy who refuses to try and learn more english maybe just give him a great big smile and tell him "I'm so sorry sir but I can't help you. Who's next?"

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com

Lineman said:
Whatever your job is I can see you loosing patience if you're coming across people with those attitudes. As for the guy who refuses to try and learn more english maybe just give him a great big smile and tell him "I'm so sorry sir but I can't help you. Who's next?"

Ofcourse I do that, What you think I want to loose my job over it. Geeez. It isn't that I don't have any patience. I was just giving my Opinon on the matter. Which is just that i feel People should learn one of our languages when they get here and not spread hatred about our country. Like the lady does, in which this entire thread is about.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Nikki said:
We have two official languages 1) english 2) French. You come here you learn one. If I moved to France I woudl be learning French. If I moved to spain I would learn Spanish. Canada is not a country where it's laws are based on religion. If people want that they should go back to where they came from. Like I said you come here you respect Canada's laws and this country. I don't care if you practice your religion I am not saying everyone should be Christian, I am not.

I agree, simple yet effective statement. Canada is relatively secular which is fine with me as long as we are not attacking heritage in the sake of trend, or to define ourselves in opposition to neighbors. Although I believe that Canada's Christian past has played a significant part in developing this nation, that is an argument best left for another discussion.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
I think much has to be said about multiculturalism and PC (political correctness) in Canada. No, adopting pro-assimilation policies is not going to solve all our problems as homegrown terrorists exists in perhaps greater numbers in such assimilation/melting-pots as the U.S. but it may help.

Does it help when we ignore the obvious? Remember the Toronto Police Chief after the arrest of the 17 terrorist suspects in his city, how he proudly proclaimed that he never made a single reference to "muslim" during his press conference? Does the fact that all the suspects are muslim mean anything? If 17 christian fanatics were arrested attempting to overthrow Ottawa, would PC triumph sensitivity?

Much of the left in Canada spends their time and energy attacking Christians and our neighbors to the south. Combine that with a culture which seems ever eager to base its identity on timbits, poutine, hockey and anti-Americanism......and you get the perfect environment for homegrown terrorists. Young Muslims (not only 1st but 2nd and 3rd generation generations) eager for an identity seem unlikely to latch onto timbits and poutine rather than finding identity in a global terrorist movement with roots deeply implanted in their alleged homeland.

I dunno, maybe Tim Horton's is a coffee or danish away from finding the key to Canadian multiculturalism.

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006
Toro said:
Speaking as an immigrant, I have a strong emotional attachment to the country from where I came - Canada. I love Canada. Whenever Canada plays anyone in sports, I always cheer for Canada. That's what my heart says.

But I also love America. My affection for this country isn't as strong as it is for Canada, but I know that if I had to make a choice between the two countries, I would choose the United States because this is the country that affords the greatest opportunity for me and my family. That's what my head says.

I don't want to make the choice. And I don't have to. Not only can I have duel citizenship from both countries (I'm not an American), but its easier to assimiliate as a Canadian into America than for any other nation in the world.

But its not so easy for others. I know that if I were forced to immigrate to China or India, I'd definitely want to find a social network in which I could connect ASAP, i.e. other Canadians, as almost as all immigrants need to and do. That network is important for the immigrants survival. Immigrants congregate together and set up communities to ease the transition from their homeland to the new strange land.

I don't blame the immigrants for these problems. I'm all for immigration. I'd rather have more than less. Immigrants are a boon to society. They make our country better, and certainly more interesting.

I blame the attitude that permeates throughout society, or at least the attitude of the politically correct crowd that says we must change our culture and our standards to integrate immigrants. That fosters resentment in the community at large - Andem's example of a lower test score is an example of that.

There is a little problem with your post here. You would never be allowed to immigrate to India or China because you are neither Indian nor Chinese. There are no more racist countries than India or China.

SaintLucifer

Electoral Member
Jul 10, 2006

Hank C said:
I think much has to be said about multiculturalism and PC (political correctness) in Canada. No, adopting pro-assimilation policies is not going to solve all our problems as homegrown terrorists exists in perhaps greater numbers in such assimilation/melting-pots as the U.S. but it may help.

Does it help when we ignore the obvious? Remember the Toronto Police Chief after the arrest of the 17 terrorist suspects in his city, how he proudly proclaimed that he never made a single reference to "muslim" during his press conference? Does the fact that all the suspects are muslim mean anything? If 17 christian fanatics were arrested attempting to overthrow Ottawa, would PC triumph sensitivity?

Much of the left in Canada spends their time and energy attacking Christians and our neighbors to the south. Combine that with a culture which seems ever eager to base its identity on timbits, poutine, hockey and anti-Americanism......and you get the perfect environment for homegrown terrorists. Young Muslims (not only 1st but 2nd and 3rd generation generations) eager for an identity seem unlikely to latch onto timbits and poutine rather than finding identity in a global terrorist movement with roots deeply implanted in their alleged homeland.

I dunno, maybe Tim Horton's is a coffee or danish away from finding the key to Canadian multiculturalism.

Christian fanatics? I have never heard of such a thing. This is why you cannot fathom how political-correctness would work in such an instance because it has never been required.

Nikki

Free Thinker
Jul 6, 2006
calgary,ab
www.avonbynikki.com

SaintLucifer said:
Christian fanatics? I have never heard of such a thing.

Apparently you never watch the news or you choose to ignore all the times a christian Fanatic has attacked an abortion clinic. Or everytime a Christian fanatic protests gays at gay funerals ( ie most recently in the US when a crazy religious women protested a soliders funeral because he was gay.)

I'm just sayin is all.... 8O