Who are you voting for this election?

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
I know it is a personal opinion, folks. But everybody here seems content with the political party they support so what is it?

I am teedering on the Bloc and Liberals. I don't like Paul Martin so it may as well be the bloc, not because i support separation but because I want Quebec to have a voice. The bloc is the only party will to support that idea!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
moghrabi said:
We are stuck with the other political parties here in BC. So no other choice.

That's not true, moghrabi! You do have a choice. You can send your vote to 'fringe' parties like Canadian Action Party (man, czardogs has really gotten to me!). There's the Greens, the *shudder* communists, the Marijuana party, etc.

Too many people feel they have no choice other than Liberals, PC... and sometimes NDP when they have a chance.

As for me, I'm still not sure who to vote for.. Maybe Canadian Action Party, but I'm not sure on that one.

sorbito

Aug 13, 2003
Wasaga Beach ON
It is an open secret that the Bloc is all for splitting away from Canada. I love Quebec and therefore do not want it to leave Canada because it would be the 'pits' for Quebec, and for Canada too. Paul Martin is a Quebecer (lives in Knowlton) , therefore I find it inconceivable that he would do anything to hurt Quebec or Quebecers like himself.
We are living next to a giant (The U.S. of A.) and had better remain united or they will just take over the continent! I know this because I am a Canadian/American.
Anyone who wants to split up Canada is guilty of sedition. We must stick together. Oh, things aren't perfect, but join the U.S.A. and unless you have lots of money you can forget about any safety net if anything happens to you, because I found out that The State of California for one just doesn't give a damn whether or not you live or die. Trust Paul Martin, don't trust the U.S.A., if you do you will be sorry.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Learn what the seperation cause is, and then you will be able to judge. Martin isnt a Québécois, he is an anglophone. If we seperated (this is something the rest of Canada doesnt have much of a say in), we would most likely associate ourselves with France, that is if Canada refuses an economical association (Open borders).

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
vote liberal for sure. definitly. paul martin is a good guy, ive met him. i agree totally with his political views

sorbito

Aug 13, 2003
Wasaga Beach ON
Quebec is a Canadian province. People are free to leave if they don't like it the way it is. Sedition is seditiion no matter how you want to label inviduals living in Canada.

CozyBeaver

May 24, 2004
Port Alberni, BC
My vote goes to the NDP all the way, Gordon Campbell has killed any chance of me voting liberal ever again. Provincially ive always supported the NDP and federally its the liberals, but I really like Jack Laytons ideas and his stances on alot of issues. I know the NDP don't have much of a chance of beating the liberals, but if they can beat the damn conservatives i'll be VERY happy.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'm going with the NDP. Layton's platform is strong and Martin and Harper both represent big business and even closer ties with the failing giant to our south.

We could be looking at a minority government. That would give the NDP and "alternative" parties like the Greens some real sway in parliament.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Bloc

As a Québécois, i don't have any other choice to protect me from the assimilation.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Quite honestly they all suck, if you say otherwise you really have no idea.. I'd have to say some of the smaller parties that have no chance in hell of getting in appeal to me, but then again thats me. They appeal to be both in interest and in their respect and sencerity for Canadians. Then again, it is election time, they might all be just talk, but looking back even when the smaller parties, who have never gotten in, lost and kept on going, their values really didn't change. I guess this is why they appeal to me, they are constant and consistent with their messages and plans which is something that lacks in all other major parties. Its time for a change. Will I vote NDP? No. Liberal? No. Conservative? No. I will vote for a minority party, sadly because they appeal to be the most and best choice available in this election.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
yes=> they are ALL liers/cheats and thieves,have gotten that way since Lesters time. Benn there dune that, same crap different pile.
No matter who gets in .the corporations & rich Rule
I am a BC forest worker

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Actually, if you do some research into your political system, The Westminster System of Government, you will find that it was NEVER designed for political parties, it was designed for Independents.

If you want true representation in parliament, vote Independent.

Political parties came about when the corrupt decided to join forces........ask yourself this....why are you "provided" with a pencil to vote with?...........name one other legal document you are allowed to use a pencil on?

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Liberal. I do not let the fact that Gordon Campbel is a screwup get in the way of the fact that the Liberal platform is economically intelligent and is actually followed by numbers not guesses, estimates and idle promises. Locally, we have an liberal accountant, Stockwell Day, and an NDP nurse running. You can guess which one understands fiscal responsibility.