Who are you voting for this election?

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
I cannot understand the lack of intellegent voters in Canada....it seems that the only common sense in this country comes from the West.....in any other country in the democratic world all members of the Bloc would be tried for treason not sent to parliment as elected representives! What a great country we live in ,,,Ha Ha! My vote would be for B.C. to seperate and join the U.S.A.....we would be treated with much more respect and autonomy over our social programs and spending.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Northamerican said:
I cannot understand the lack of intellegent voters in Canada....it seems that the only common sense in this country comes from the West.....in any other country in the democratic world all members of the Bloc would be tried for treason not sent to parliment as elected representives! What a great country we live in ,,,Ha Ha! My vote would be for B.C. to seperate and join the U.S.A.....we would be treated with much more respect and autonomy over our social programs and spending.

Then put 3 million people on trial. So, by your logic, serbian invasion of Kosovo (after, it succesfully seperated) was justified? The genocide in East Timor, was also Justified then? The US, is nothing more then a bunch of treators and murderers?

I believe our cause, threw its continued peaceful means, is not treason. But my Nations right, to expresse itsa opinion. Let it be seperation (wich 2 Million people voted for in 95, though I'm sure your ready to hang them all for treason) or federalism.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Closing the Quebec-Canada border....will hurt both side......

Stopping any relation with quebec will literally destroy Canada.

Canada will be obligate to discuss....so does Quebec.

And The Canadian dollar wouldn't worth alot without quebec too...

If Canada saw good thing to get their independance from the UK (world strongest country in that time)....why shouldn't quebec have their...

do you realise every nation in america have their independance....except quebec....

Don't try to create a fear sentiment...

The Quebec separation should be a normal processus for the optimal expansion of our nation.

and René Lévesque IS on the small list of nation liberator.

and Northamerican just made the dumbest post I've never seen....From one part : he's saying that Quebec separatisyt should be treated of trahison.....and he want BC to separate...

and he thinks the elimination of bloc would be democratic....hahahahah

On the other part, Quebec is 10 time stronger and have 10 time better reason to separate than BC.

and Bc is a nice place to live.

and your dumb

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
I hope all of Quebec votes for the Bloc......all the west votes to separate to form it's own distinct society under the Bloc de Western Canada.....English as the language and good government.....not the french-canadian way of corruption. bribery and whining!! I am totally sick of the Canadian way....a bickering and spinless society!!

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
If you are mentioning the Sponsorship Scandal, then you are ignorant as hell. Corruption of that sort has always been around, the only system where it almost never happenned, was Fascist Germany. This time though, it came out. Why? Because of the liberal party being split in two when there was a fight between martin and Chretien.

You feed your hate on racism and bigotry. Whining, as you so said, is how democracy gets along. The people "whinning" because things arnt right. Your post, is whinning in itself.

You strike me as uneducated person. Get an education, or inform yourself, before you make spinless accusations.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Sorry I have a master degree....education is not the answer ...common sense is ....get some you will like it!!!!

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
The dutch was the most educate nation of the world when they elect hitler....

your are definatly dumb. That's common sense.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Anonymous said:
Sorry I have a master degree....education is not the answer ...common sense is ....get some you will like it!!!!

I do have common sense, more then you seem to have. Common sense, dictates that you should'nt base your judgement on racism or bigotry. Something you inhenrently are doing. So who between you and me, has common sense? The question, is answered by our posts.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I've never heard that before, and since it's the first time I've heard it I'm very surprised that someone would ever think Hitler was voted by the Dutch.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
the german.... I don't really know the english translation for allemand...

and Yes...Hitler got in democratcly.....what he amde after was way far to be democratic....lol....be he have been elected.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
His party went from left wing to right wing in a matter of seconds. And Andem, I also made that same mistake before I knew that Allemand(in french) meant German in english.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Interestingly, I am fascinated at my transformation of my personal politial views over the past few years.

No longer do I support a party because I always have.

For years I despised the CBC. Now I have a grudging respect.

I stopped the Toronto Star over the bias anti-free trade coverage. I admit now, I was wrong. Very wrong.

Yet, am I, will I vote Liberal? No.

As CC members know, I have an immediate concern of a particular issue. THE overriding issue that in the end, will be the basis of policy of all parties.

As I have outlined to these parties and media:

Energy is the horse; Policy is the cart.

Without reliable energy there is no point speaking of healthcare, military spending, taxes, island airports (in 10 years time, the airline industry will be a shell of what it’s current status is) or any policy for that matter.

Most certainly, there is no point in speaking of the economy. Jeffrey Currie of Goldman Sachs comments, "Energy is rapidly becoming a major limiting factor on economic growth."

Matthew Simmons: "If supply ever becomes even 1% less than demand, a crisis is triggered." "If energy supply ever stops, the economy ends."

John Manley's report for Ontario sees energy shortages within the next 3 years. This will affect not just Ontario but Canada's economy.

Clearly, Canada needs a Marshall Plan to solve "this energy thing".

What party can deliver? What party will win the high-stakes geo-political game of survival of Canada?

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
We have great energy in Québec. Ontarios troubles, is Québecs gain. We will continue to sell power to the other provinces at an extremely high price, so we pay less :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
So will we in Manitoba, Numure...just to head off anybody telling you to leave without any more money or resources again.

The NDP, the Greens, and the CAP are seeking to solve the coming energy crises through conservation and increased development and use of technology. All would revisit the NAFTA terms that require us to keep sending our oil and natural gas to the US as well...we are heating pools in California with energy we will one day need to keep ourselves from freezing to death.

If the energy issue is a concern to you, and it should be, then check out the web pages of those parties.

Lisa

Electoral Member
May 22, 2004
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Marc-A said:

your are definatly dumb. That's common sense.

Owkeej, now I am truly offended. I am Dutch and we did not vote for Hitler, those were indeed the Germans. Hitler only caused us a lot of pain; many people were innocently killed. The Germans elected Hitler because he was the promise for a change, a new start. The Germans were desillusioned after WW1, they lost a lot of land to the Treaty of Versailles (look it up in an encyclopedia), the country was economically at the ground because of the Trench War, besides many Germans were killed in it.

And for your information, i did not look this up, i know this because it is basic knowledge and of course COMMON SENSE.

Don't ever say again that the Dutch elected Hitler, my generation still gets confronted with the disastrous effects of WW II.

vista

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2004
www.newsgateway.ca
Numure,

Ya, know. You guys should really get your act together and vote to leave Canada.

Quebec could buy a couple of nukes on the black market for security and then you could charge extortionate prices for electricity and be the King of the Continent.

Or is this already the plan? :wink:

I've decided to vote Green. They are the only people that believe in sustainability. The crazy thing is even they don't realize how urgent these measures are needed.

When I get back home next week I will put a sign on my lawn and do some canvassing for them (I haven't done that since the late 80's).

That is if they want me too. I don't know if I will be able to keep my mouth shut. I don't want to sound too radical and scare people off -but it is the truth.

sigh...