Where's the Thread on "George Floyd" ????

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It is sad. Hes been given numerous warning in the past month after complaints.
Do you want him back before the mid September unlock?

What's sad is your public post. I dont expect you to get it though. Over all, you're not too bright.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Individual yells at others telling them to stop yelling because he’s bothered by it.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Good for them.
I've said this before. That Walter didn't understand is alas! not even slightly surprising.

I often hear the passive-aggressive question from so-called conservatives why "Black people never support police." And my answer is "They do. Every day. Not a day goes by when there isn't a Black preacher, a Black city councilperson, a Black community organizer, or some other Black leader in the office of the mayor of some big city or another begging and pleading for more police. Just because Breitbart doesn't report it don't mean it ain't happening."

But of course Walter is relying on the good ol' logical fallacy of false dichotomy. He is essentially positing the idea that you have only two choices: take the police as they are now, with overpolicing, inadequate training, significant white supremacy in the ranks, and near-total immunity for whatever they do, or get nothing.

I have a hard time believing that supposedly intelligent adults fall for this kind of horse shit on a regular basis, but then again, I don't look at TV.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There is also a huge difference between what happens in the US and Canada. Overall I think our police are better trained and since we have a national police force that does most of the country outside of larger cities there is less room for empire builders and corruption. Not that they don't exist, but not on the scale like the US has.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Interesting 8 minutes of footage showing Floyd stating that he can't breathe long before the neck kneeling
Floyd was in his death throes well before the idiot knelt on him. Acquittal of the second degree murder charge is assured unless the moron MN AG does something stoopid.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Floyd was in his death throes well before the idiot knelt on him. Acquittal of the second degree murder charge is assured unless the moron MN AG does something stoopid.
I'm 51yrs old, & I smoke still. I can probably only expect another 25yrs at this point...so I'm also damn near in my death throws just like George Floyd was before those four police officers helped him along....or not....depending on your own personal beliefs I guess.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm 51yrs old, & I smoke still. I can probably only expect another 25yrs at this point...so I'm also damn near in my death throws just like George Floyd was before those four police officers helped him along....or not....depending on your own personal beliefs I guess.
If a man falls off a building, and you shoot him through the heart on his way down, you're one hell of a shot.

NO! That's not my point! I meant to say "you're still guilty of murder."

Sorry, got distracted there.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If a man falls off a building, and you shoot him through the heart on his way down, you're one hell of a shot.

If a man on top of a building is having a heart attack (or has high blood pressure?) and you push him off the building, should you be acquitted of any charges 'cuz he was going to have died eventually anyway? I mean, the guy had it coming anyway for being on top of a building and the clock is ticking for all of us anyway so what the Hell?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If a man on top of a building is having a heart attack (or has high blood pressure?) and you push him off the building, should you be acquitted of any charges 'cuz he was going to have died eventually anyway? I mean, the guy had it coming anyway for being on top of a building and the clock is ticking for all of us anyway so what the Hell?
Damn, you could be ANYBODY's press secretary!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
According to the first autopsy report Floyd was not killed by the knee on the neck.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Are you? Or is it a mercy killing to save him the pain of pancaking on concrete? Would you let an animal suffer?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes.

Or is it a mercy killing to save him the pain of pancaking on concrete?
It's murder.

Would you let an animal suffer?
Not sure what that has to do with anything, since animals can't be murdered, but I might could or maybe not. Depends on the circumstances.

Let me be clear, since you seem pretty damn slow on the uptake. If you deliberately or with reckless indifference cut short the life of another person, that is murder in the U.S. and Canada.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Are you? Or is it a mercy killing to save him the pain of pancaking on concrete?

There is really no such thing as mercy killing of humans. Any such act is murder regardless how "right" it may be morally. We do allow assisted suicide in some cases but it is strictly regulated and would not be able to be done quickly while a man is falling from a building.

Would you let an animal suffer?

I do hope you weren't referring to any humans as animals.