When Dems are in power

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

AureaOlivas

Time Out
Feb 15, 2021
Interesting threads you have all sent. Sometimes, I really love reading on twitter since the people there oftentimes engage in great conversations. nice idea exchanges as well. Thank you for sending the threads here. I learned a thing or two just by reading them.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Paid To Stay Home— Coronavirus Aid Bill Pays Federal Employees With Kids Out Of School Up To $21K
It is funded through a new $570 million family leave account exclusively for federal workers. Critics call it a personal…
www.forbes.com

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
There is a bill being introduced to make multi-Billion companies pay $15 minimum how do you think that will be received?

Of course it'll be rejected.

Not because it can't be afforded, but because those companies won't be making as much if they have to give raises to their employees. Look at what Costco's CEO said to Graham in the hearing; the man's all for it and is raising their minimum wage to fifteen-sixteen an hour, because it makes good business sense.

The purpose of minimum wage as being "just a starter" was over years and years ago. It is no longer just a wage for teens starting work but a permanent wage for anyone between teen and elderly and when you factor in cost of living vs. cost of wage increase, the two are NOT anywhere close to being equal.

But I'm sure you know all this, right?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Of course it'll be rejected.

Not because it can't be afforded, but because those companies won't be making as much if they have to give raises to their employees. Look at what Costco's CEO said to Graham in the hearing; the man's all for it and is raising their minimum wage to fifteen-sixteen an hour, because it makes good business sense.

The purpose of minimum wage as being "just a starter" was over years and years ago. It is no longer just a wage for teens starting work but a permanent wage for anyone between teen and elderly and when you factor in cost of living vs. cost of wage increase, the two are NOT anywhere close to being equal.

But I'm sure you know all this, right?
The bill is being introduced by the Republicans

Last edited: