What will change in Canada with the accession of King Charles?

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
The term Dominion had been used for centuries to refer to the lands held by a monarch, and had previously been adopted as titles for the Dominion of New England and the Dominion and Colony of Virginia. It continued to apply as a generic term for the major colonial possessions of the British Empire until well into the 20th century; although Tilley and the other Fathers of Confederation broadened the meaning of the word dominion to a "virtual synonym for sovereign state." Its adoption as a title for Canada in 1867 served the purpose of upholding the monarchist principle in Canada; in a letter to Queen Victoria, Lord Carnarvon stated:

The North American delegates are anxious that the United Provinces should be designated as the 'Dominion of Canada.' It is a new title, but intended on their part as a tribute to the Monarchical principle which they earnestly desire to uphold.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Man charged with 'egging' royals banned from carrying them
Author of the article:Jane Stevenson
Publishing date:Nov 11, 2022 • 1 day ago • 1 minute read • 17 Comments
King Charles reacts after an egg was thrown in his direction during a ceremony at Micklegate Bar in York, northern England on Nov. 9, 2022 as part of a two-day tour of Yorkshire.
King Charles reacts after an egg was thrown in his direction during a ceremony at Micklegate Bar in York, northern England on Nov. 9, 2022 as part of a two-day tour of Yorkshire. PHOTO BY JAMES GLOSSOP /POOL/AFP via Getty Images
Article content
All’s well that’s eggs well.

A 23-year-old self-described climate activist has been banned from carrying eggs in public — except for when grocery shopping — after he was arrested Wednesday in Northern England for allegedly throwing them at the Royals, reports FOX News Digital.

Patrick Thelwell told the Mirror that, as a condition of his bail, he must also stay 500 meters away from King Charles III, and he called the rules “amusing.”

Thelwell has been accused of attempting to egg Charles and Camilla, the queen consort, as they were walking down a street in York glad-handing the locals.

The eggs just missed the couple.

Police officers carry a man who threw an egg at King Charles into a police van during the king’s visit to Micklegate bar in York, Britain November 9, 2022.
Police officers carry a man who threw an egg at King Charles into a police van during the king’s visit to Micklegate bar in York, Britain November 9, 2022. PHOTO BY RUSSELL CHEYNE /REUTERS
Thelwell was not identified by police after his arrest, but he was named by the Mirror.

Thelwell was immediately held by authorities and claimed the crowd threatened he should be “murdered” and his head should be on a “spike.”

He said, however, it didn’t bother him because he knows what “fascism is, what it looks like.”

“People were ripping chunks of my hair out, they were spitting at me. People lost their minds,” he claimed. “I did what I did because I don’t believe in kings. I believe in the equality of all people.”

Meanwhile, King Charles III has been an advocate of climate change awareness for decades.

The royal couple went to York as part of a series of U.K. stops. making a special visit to the city’s cathedral, York Minster, where a statue of Charles’ mother, the late Queen Elizabeth II, was revealed.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
King Charles reacts after an egg was thrown in his direction during a ceremony at Micklegate Bar in York, northern England on Nov. 9, 2022 as part of a two-day tour of Yorkshire.
King Charles reacts after an egg was thrown in his direction during a ceremony at Micklegate Bar in York, northern England on Nov. 9, 2022 as part of a two-day tour of Yorkshire. PHOTO BY JAMES GLOSSOP /POOL/AFP via Getty Images
Article content

A 23-year-old self-described climate activist has been banned from carrying eggs in public — except for when grocery shopping — after he was arrested Wednesday in Northern England for allegedly throwing them at the Royals, reports FOX News Digital.

Patrick Thelwell told the Mirror that, as a condition of his bail, he must also stay 500 meters away from King Charles III, and he called the rules “amusing.”

Thelwell has been accused of attempting to egg Charles and Camilla, the queen consort, as they were walking down a street in York glad-handing the locals.

Police officers carry a man who threw an egg at King Charles into a police van during the king’s visit to Micklegate bar in York, Britain November 9, 2022.
Police officers carry a man who threw an egg at King Charles into a police van during the king’s visit to Micklegate bar in York, Britain November 9, 2022. PHOTO BY RUSSELL CHEYNE /REUTERS
Thelwell was not identified by police after his arrest, but he was named by the Mirror.

Thelwell was immediately held by authorities and claimed the crowd threatened he should be “murdered” and his head should be on a “spike.”

He said, however, it didn’t bother him because he knows what “fascism is, what it looks like.”

“People were ripping chunks of my hair out, they were spitting at me. People lost their minds,” he claimed. “I did what I did because I don’t believe in kings. I believe in the equality of all people.”

Meanwhile, King Charles III has been an advocate of climate change awareness for decades.

The royal couple went to York as part of a series of U.K. stops. making a special visit to the city’s cathedral, York Minster, where a statue of Charles’ mother, the late Queen Elizabeth II, was revealed.
must have been eggasperating. he needs better aim. 🥚 ;)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here's the first statue of Elizabeth II to be unveiled since here death. It was unveiled by the King at York Minster...

_127567697_queen_statue_epa.jpg.jpeg

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Article content

218778943.jpg.gallery.jpg

This is Micklegate Bar, one of several medieval gateways to the city of York.

I've been to York twice in the last few years and it's awash with history.

Just adjacent to York Minister is a statue of Constantine the Great on the spot where he was proclaimed Roman Emperor in 306.

Just across the road from the statue and York Minster is the Guy Fawkes Inn, where Fawkes was born in 1570.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
The first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem....
:giggle:

Oi. Leave Spamimator alone. We don't talk much but we are both natives of this land. I've been here for nearly 20 years (I wonder if that's a world record for a discussion forum) and he's our newsagent. He stands on our streets and tells us the news. Don't come into our world as a newcomer and insult our way of life and our traditions. This isn't the English Channel.

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oi. Leave Spamimator alone. We don't talk much but we are both natives of this land. I've been here for nearly 20 years (I wonder if that's a world record for a discussion forum) and he's our newsagent. He stands on our streets and tells us the news. Don't come into our world as a newcomer and insult our way of life and our traditions. This isn't the English Channel.
Y'know, I got about 'leventy-umpteen channels on my TV now, and I STILL can't find the English Channel!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Y'know, I got about 'leventy-umpteen channels on my TV now, and I STILL can't find the English Channel!

You don't want to.

I watch Nigel Farage on GB News on Channel 236 but other than that British TV is shite nowadays. I rely on GB News and Spaminator to provide me the news.

It was much better when I was a kid watching Jimmy Saville. He was a legend. He knew how to make kids happy. Jim fixed it for me.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You don't want to.

I watch Nigel Farage on GB News on Channel 236 but other than that British TV is shite nowadays. I rely on GB News and Spaminator to provide me the news.

It was much better when I was a kid watching Jimmy Saville. He was a legend. He knew how to make kids happy. Jim fixed it for me.
Damn, I actually know what that means.

And haven't the first notion where I learned it. Maybe on BFBS.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yeah. I'm 41 but according to my best memories Jim fixed it for me around the year 1991.
Woulda been early 80s for me if I saw it on BFBS. Apparently the show ran 75-94.

I loved the Brit radio comedy, too. I still use a Kevin Horne line, "My indifference knows no bounds."

The radio play of Hitchhiker's Guide. Wonderful stuff.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
You don't want to.

thanks blacky. i also like your science, space, and paranormal posts. i will always think of you as our unofficial british ambassador. 👾 :alien: 🛸 :cool: :) ;)

Reactions: petros