• For the thrill of debate?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • To speak your mind?

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • To ruffle feathers?

• To learn from others?

• To sharpen your own opinions by having them challenged?

• Other

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
We need a political pundant that can referee some of these conversations..

cause there tends to be a lot of Liberal bashers in here.
But I like bashing Liberals!

I think we need an audit to see what political stripe takes the most beatings in here though. From my perspective, this site is a prolific venue for right wing bashing, more so then left.

Perspectives, perspectives, perspectives, whatever shall we do, lol.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta

I think we need an audit to see what political stripe takes the most beatings in here though. From my perspective, this site is a prolific venue for right wing bashing, more so then left.

bring in a Green Party expert! hahahaha

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Your post reminds me of the Monty Python skit where the guy pays for an argument and John Cleese just keeps saying the opposite to what the guy says.
"This is not an argument"
"Yes it is."
"No it isn't"
"But you are just contradicting me."
"No I'm not."
"Yes you are."
That's exactly what instigated my post after seeing Bar mention he likes arguing. lol

A: Come in.
M: Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?
A: I told you once.
M: No you haven't.
A: Yes I have.
M: When?
A: Just now.
A: Not necessarily. I could be arguing in my spare time.
M: Oh I've had enough of this.
A: No you haven't.
M: Oh Shut up.
That';s the one. yup.

I second your second, Bear!:lol:
I'll third that.

What are we talking about?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Bear - Now be honest - Both Libs and Cons give us enough to make a grown man cry at times.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
A darn good question . All I can say is due to limited band (friggin dailup and two cans with a wire :-() is what got me on forums that and i refuse to pay for cable or satilite tv. I can't really remember why tho but I can tell you it has changed my perceptions . I have course corrected the way i se things , still so now. I do love the personal contacts and humurous exchange , I can be such a pest :roll:.
It also helped with my typing , im up to three fingers now ;), it also gave me a new handicap ........typos :(

Yup , I think about it now and I would have to say the human contact of it all. Made a few friends along the way that a care about so I would have to say 'Other'

A new AC unit.
here i thought you were trying to slip in a dirty four letter word ....man i need my eyes checked. :|

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
well the way summer has been so far here in Alberta with Sloppy July.. I haven't had to use my AC unit for too long! I turn it on for 30 mins or so at night to cool off the room a little and then shut it off for bedtime.

have yet to have a string of +30 days for more than 1 day so far.. :(

Alberta really has been a disappointment for Hot weather the last few years..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
well the way summer has been so far here in Alberta with Sloppy July.. I haven't had to use my AC unit for too long! I turn it on for 30 mins or so at night to cool off the room a little and then shut it off for bedtime.

have yet to have a string of +30 days for more than 1 day so far.. :(

Alberta really has been a disappointment for Hot weather the last few years..
No kidding. I nearly drowned in a field last week while visiting the Enoch reserve. It was cold, windy with torrential rains that lasted days. It'll be a cold day in hell when I go back across the Rockies.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
No kidding. I nearly drowned in a field last week while visiting the Enoch reserve. It was cold, windy with torrential rains that lasted days. It'll be a cold day in hell when I go back across the Rockies.

well it really makes me wonder some days about how Alberta Summers have been so disappointing lately..

like, what's up with that??