What is your favourite sandwich?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Let's hear about your favourite sandwich. You can have more than one.

How about shaved roast beef on rye with a touch of mayo and sliced garlic dill pickles ....

Reactions: DurkaDurka

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Turkey, cranberry sauce, dressing, mayo, salt and lots of pepper.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Thick sliced Walla Walla onions and sharp Cheddar cheese with a bit of mayo on whole wheat bread. With a tall, cold, beer of your choice.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My mom use to eat onion and butter sandwiches. Not just buttered bread, gobs of butter. My brother and I would nearly vomit when she did. We became onion and butterphobics.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Last night I enjoyed smoked turkey breast with herbed havarti cheese and just a snidge of mayo on a soft white roll
Montreal smoked meat sandwhiches are to die for too. With ginormous dill pickles. Yumma!
What's with all the food posts today? I gotta go find something to eat now.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
My mom use to eat onion and butter sandwiches. Not just buttered bread, gobs of butter. My brother and I would nearly vomit when she did. We became onion and butterphobics.
LOL my mom made us butter and brown sugar sandwhiches. At the time, I liked 'em. Haven't had one in years though. Not sure if I'd still like it.
My dad once told me how he was so poor he and his siblings had to take lard sandwhiches to school. :-( I cooked him a feast that night.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
LOL my mom made us butter and brown sugar sandwhiches. At the time, I liked 'em. Haven't had one in eyars though. Not sure if I'd still like it.
My dad once told me how he was so poor he and his siblings had to take lard sandwhiches to school. :-( I cooked him a feast that night.

Good for you Zan. I'll bet he liked that. My mom was a great depression teen on a Manitoba farm with 10 brothers and susters. To this day there is nothing she appreciates more than a good meal.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
BLT, mmm.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Rubens... or egg salad sandwiches.

Ruben definitely. It's also hard to pass up the turkey sandwich after Roast turkey dinners.

Last summer, my favorite was hot genoa salami, red onion, spinach, havarti, tomato and avocado, with pepper, on Dempster's Ancient Grains bread, mmmmmmmm.

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
Tuna and Cucumber, or diced Chicken and Cranberry... (definitely not Turkey!) Smoked Ham, or Honey Roast Ham.