What Grade Would You Give Obama for First 100 Days?

What Grade Would You Give Obama for First 100 Days?

• A+, A, A-

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • B+, B, B-

• C+, C, C-

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • D

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • E

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Extrefire's rants sounds like a ''fact' sheet from the Drudge Report."

gopher, have you ever even clicked onto the Drudge Report? I doubt it. It is painfully obvious that you and SirRupertMurgartroyd (I use that name because he was that way back when on an aother forum when he claimed that the Drudge Report was a conservative website) NEVER read the Drudge Report. If you had, you would know that the Drudge Report is nothing more than a collection of links to other websites, columnists, opinion makers, etc., regardless and in equal measure to both liberals and conservatives.

So, claim that the Drudge Report is conservative. You only reveal your ignorance.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Obama knows where he has to spend money - He hasn't figured out - or told the US taxpayers how he is going to pay it back - He needs to implement a carbon tax quickly - China is bulking up on commodities now while the price is low - when the recovery starts they will have cheap materials - cheap labour and for a little while cheap fuel to deliver it - Won't be a pretty picture for manufacturers

What good will a carbon tax be if China and India do not change their ways also?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Extrafire, about what I would have expected of you (I assume the other ‘F’ belongs to Yukon Jack)."

SirJosephPorter, you are a gift that keeps on giving.

Once again, as usual, you managed to make yourself into the second syllable of the word that wise debaters are wise enough to avoid.

Where have you seen my rating of Obama? Where have you seen anything I posted to give you this silly ASSumption?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Even after Yukon predicted it you couldn't resist."

Extafire, this guy is soooo set in his mixed up ways, that he would not know the difference between pulp fiction and Shakespeare. He would declare Shakespeare, produced in paperback, pulp fiction. Just as he would declare Clive Cussler's novels "classics" if they came in hard cover. For a shallow individual contents mean nothing, it is the packaging.

It is a good bet he NEVER logged into Townhall. It is even a better bet he NEVER read anything by Dr. Sowell. (Hell, he hasn't even got the decency to spell the name right).

He chose to impose ignorance upon himself. How can anyone feel towards him anything but pity?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Even Yukon Jack can speak truth from time to time. Just because he said it doesn’t make it false."

By now it is plain to see that exactly the opposite can be said about SirJosephPorter.

On this and EVERY thread.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Re #134.

When anyone is so sickly and desperately is hanging onto a flawed concept as Gore is hanging onto his Global Warming nonsense - and has not given up yet, in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary - Does anyone think he would have conceded the Presidency if he had thought that he had any reasonable chance to win, with or without the Supreme Court?

He realized that since the people who knew him best (Tennessee) and the people of the State that he should have carried, being the Vice President of an Arkansan, gave him the well-deserved middle digit, he had no business being in any race other than the one to the bathroom to change his diapers.

So, he gave up, the more credit to him, Supreme Court or no Supreme Court.

The Left really should give up on this already. No amount of bitching will change history.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
By now Republicans must have learned:

NEVER, ever nominate an honourable old war hero for President, against an empty, but, alas, charismatic young punk.

Paid the Price in 1996. Again in 2008.

I predict that the Republican Presidential nominee will wipe the floor with Obama in 2012.

I wouldn't mortgage the house to place a bet. :lol::lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Seven more pages.....188 posts of beating a horse that has been dead eight and a half years.....how long must this go on:?::?::?::roll::roll:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Seven more pages.....188 posts of beating a horse that has been dead eight and a half years.....how long must this go on:?::?::?::roll::roll:

I would imagine until these guys can find something of more earth shattering importance to argue about. People who will argue about politics to begin with obviously are very disillusioned, like arguing who's better Rat one or Rat two.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
What boggles my mind is that people are talking about grading a man who has been in office 3 months. Does that mean we'll be doing this 13 more times for the 1461 days he'll hold office in this term? Will we be doing semi-annual grades as well, so the count can go up even higher?

I realize people are interested in what he's doing a) because he is supposed to be a pretty major change from his Republican predecessor and b) because of the mess he was handed pretty much as soon as he was elected but sheesh... talk about microanalyzing... and its not like anything can be done to change things for another 18 months (and their mid-term elections) if Americans aren't happy with the results...

Wulfie, grading Obama for first 100 days is an intellectual, perhaps idle exercise, and I don’t see anything wrong with it. The grade doesn’t have any practical significance, and probably would change in later days.

And I seriously doubt whether we will be doing the exercise 13 more times. It probably will be repeated when he has been I the office for one year. After two years, well, there are elections.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
By now Republicans must have learned:

NEVER, ever nominate an honourable old war hero for President, against an empty, but, alas, charismatic young punk.

Paid the Price in 1996. Again in 2008.

I predict that the Republican Presidential nominee will wipe the floor with Obama in 2012.

Yukon Jack, you are simply venting. You frustration, your anger, your bitterness because your party, Republicans received a sound thrashing in 2006 and 2008 is evident in your posts.

Perhaps that is why you are cheering yourself with the wishful thinking that any Republican will win against Obama in 2012. I doubt you really think that, but you wish it to happen.

Anyway, I am keeping a record of this thread and your post claiming that Obama will lose in 2012 on my hard disk. If you turn out to be wrong in 2012 (as I hope you turn out to be), I will post your post again here (assuming of course, that both of us are participating here).

Extrafire

Council Member
Mar 31, 2005
Prince George, BC
"Even after Yukon predicted it you couldn't resist."

Extafire, this guy is soooo set in his mixed up ways, that he would not know the difference between pulp fiction and Shakespeare. He would declare Shakespeare, produced in paperback, pulp fiction. Just as he would declare Clive Cussler's novels "classics" if they came in hard cover. For a shallow individual contents mean nothing, it is the packaging.

It is a good bet he NEVER logged into Townhall. It is even a better bet he NEVER read anything by Dr. Sowell. (Hell, he hasn't even got the decency to spell the name right).

He chose to impose ignorance upon himself. How can anyone feel towards him anything but pity?
I have a modicum of pity for him being so disconnected from reality. But mainly I feel utter distain toward him.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Wow! How incredibly anal.

I think we should average out the concensus and give Obama a "C+" and then close the subject for another year. It's been beaten to death already along with Bush and Gore, and quite frankly I think there's bigger fish to fry.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I think we should average out the concensus and give Obama a "C+" and then close the subject for another year. It's been beaten to death already along with Bush and Gore, and quite frankly I think there's bigger fish to fry.

JLM, CNN voters gave Obama a B-, which is not really all that removed from the C+ you want to give him.

Anyway, the poll is staying open until 25th May, people can still vote until then. I assume the thread will fade out shortly after that (or perhaps even a bit before that).

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
History has a nasty habit of repeating itself.

The utter disdain and disrespect America held for Nixon after Watergate resulted in the election of Jimmy Carter.

The totally unrational dislike, fuelled by ignorant left-wing media, for GW Bush resulted in the election of Obama.

Comparing Carter to Obama: one was an over-his-head peanut farmer masquarading as President, the other is an over-his-head community organizer, masquarading as a President.

Carter created the current day Islamic terrorism by being a totally noodle-spined sap instead of giving Iran the well-deserved spanking, that America was still able to deliver in 1979. His blatant incompetance resulted in the election of Ronald Reagan.

Obama's equivalent of Carter's failure of a strong and forceful resolution of the Iraninian hostage taking is still in the future. It may be his incredibly stupid decision of closing Gitmo. It may be the nationalization of car companies. It may be the fact that he tripled Bush's deficit. But whatever, he will be just another Carter. Future Nobel Piss Prize winner, no doubt.

AS for the new Rnald Reagan?? Who knows? It is already obvious that any prospective Republican leader is viciously attacked by the Democrats and their best ally the main stream media. It is also obvious that with a philibuster proof majority in the Senate, the Democrats WILL screw up, just as Republicans screwed up with their majority. And the higher you are the harder you fall.

Meanwhile, left-wingers, spread your hate. It will come back to haunt you. You will be singing a different tune in November 2012.

Save this on your hard drive!

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I would imagine until these guys can find something of more earth shattering importance to argue about. People who will argue about politics to begin with obviously are very disillusioned, like arguing who's better Rat one or Rat two.

Not at all JLM, it is not a question of being disillusioned. Politics, religion and social issues (such as abortion, gay marriage etc.) always make for passionate, heated, interesting discussions. Hardly anybody changes their mind as a result of these discussions, though.

We participate here to discuss issues, so what is wrong with politics? You may have noticed, it is the thread about politics, religion etc. which generate plenty of passionate discussion.

Post a thread about how good everything is, how we should get along with brotherly love etc. and you will be lucky to get ten responses.

Last edited: