What Grade Would You Give Obama for First 100 Days?

What Grade Would You Give Obama for First 100 Days?

• A+, A, A-

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • B+, B, B-

• C+, C, C-

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • D

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • E

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Seems to me the last couple of dozen posts are miles away from the topic of rating Obama- what happened 8 years ago in Florida between Bush and Gore has absolutely nothing to do with Obama's rating- seems to me like a very few people just have to be right about something. Let's get back to Obama.

Oh, I don’t know JLM, I think we had a good discussion. Nether of us changed our mind, of course. Firstfire sticks to the Republican position, that Bush won fair and square. I stick to the Democratic position, that Supreme Court, in a political partisan vote of 5 to 4, awarded the Presidency to their buddy, Bush.

But then these discussions rarely change anybody’s mind, the purpose here is to have a good, civil discussion.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
C+, maybe a B-.

He gets a passing grade simply for not being Bush, and he has done a few good things such as closing Gitmo, but otherwise he has shown a naivete in regards to his dealings in the financial markets and some of his foreign engagements.

Politics and financial markets are two separate entities or at least they should be. Politicians for the most part have very little financial training.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
...or military training...or environmental training...or mining/resource training...or.....

Now that you mention it, there is a good reason why they really are full of sh*t. What they mostly do have lots of experience in is attending meetings.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
He's walking on water.

It ain't water Kreskin, it's blood, the juice of the freshly squeezed poor fills the sea all arround us. Obama is Admiral of a vast fleet of soggy paper boats running desparate for safe haven before the rising red tempest. William Shakesalot HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH:lol:

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
C+, maybe a B-.

He gets a passing grade simply for not being Bush, and he has done a few good things such as closing Gitmo, but otherwise he has shown a naivete in regards to his dealings in the financial markets and some of his foreign engagements.

I see you got your interweb back , bizz must be good again eh.:lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh, I don’t know JLM, I think we had a good discussion. Nether of us changed our mind, of course. Firstfire sticks to the Republican position, that Bush won fair and square. I stick to the Democratic position, that Supreme Court, in a political partisan vote of 5 to 4, awarded the Presidency to their buddy, Bush.

But then these discussions rarely change anybody’s mind, the purpose here is to have a good, civil discussion.

Well of course, if you are Bush's buddy he can do nothing wrong and if you his detractor he can do nothing right- human nature. And THAT'S the way most people think. I happen to think the majority of the popuation gets it right in the 45-55% range.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Nine years later........and still counting chads....

and in Canada:roll:

Only the disgruntled lefties. The fish that got away. Only shows you who is behind who.

:argue:

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
SirJosephPorter:

Why do we even have to even think of Bush anymore, he is gone, never to be seen as President again. Time to get over it and move on. What ever happened was legal, maybe not to one's liking, but legal. By the way, Florida is not a religious Right Wing State, not back then or now. As show in 2008 Obama won the state.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
SirJosephPorter:

Why do we even have to even think of Bush anymore, he is gone, never to be seen as President again. Time to get over it and move on. What ever happened was legal, maybe not to one's liking, but legal. By the way, Florida is not a religious Right Wing State, not back then or now. As show in 2008 Obama won the state.

That's my take on the situation- there's bigger fish to fry Or should that be shrubs to prune?

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
What boggles my mind is that people are talking about grading a man who has been in office 3 months. Does that mean we'll be doing this 13 more times for the 1461 days he'll hold office in this term? Will we be doing semi-annual grades as well, so the count can go up even higher?

I realize people are interested in what he's doing a) because he is supposed to be a pretty major change from his Republican predecessor and b) because of the mess he was handed pretty much as soon as he was elected but sheesh... talk about microanalyzing... and its not like anything can be done to change things for another 18 months (and their mid-term elections) if Americans aren't happy with the results...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It ain't water Kreskin, it's blood, the juice of the freshly squeezed poor fills the sea all arround us. Obama is Admiral of a vast fleet of soggy paper boats running desparate for safe haven before the rising red tempest. William Shakesalot HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH:lol:
That wasn't blood Beav. He parted the Red Sea during the last news conference.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"But of course. The alternative was McCain, who would merely be a figurehead, with Joan of Arc wielding the real power behind the throne."

I suppose that by "Joan of Arc" you mean Governor Sarah Palin. Who managed a state to provide great wealth for all its citizens. A governor who is in touch with the people of her state unlike your Messianic pretender, whose only real contact with the real world is street gangs, organized by ACORN and politicians the same stripe as his fellow Democrat, Rod Blagojevich.

You (unsubstantiated, in typical liberal fashion) claim if McCain had won the Presidency, Sarah Palin would have been the "real power behind the throne".

If we speak about throne, we imply coronation. Obama's criminally expensive "inauguration" can only be described as coronation.

And as far as "real power behind the throne" I - and most Americans - would prefer a real American like Sarah Palin as opposed to the current REAL power behind the throne, like that despicable subhuman piece of garbage, George Soros.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
By now Republicans must have learned:

NEVER, ever nominate an honourable old war hero for President, against an empty, but, alas, charismatic young punk.

Paid the Price in 1996. Again in 2008.

I predict that the Republican Presidential nominee will wipe the floor with Obama in 2012.

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
Obama knows where he has to spend money - He hasn't figured out - or told the US taxpayers how he is going to pay it back - He needs to implement a carbon tax quickly - China is bulking up on commodities now while the price is low - when the recovery starts they will have cheap materials - cheap labour and for a little while cheap fuel to deliver it - Won't be a pretty picture for manufacturers