What Emergency Act?

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Maybe this has something to do with his decision..........

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yep. Invoke it, get Parliament to approve it. . . then cancel it real fast before resistance can build.

And now you have the precedent to call on.

I moved lots of cash out of my accounts yesterday..

But with the stock market tanking I had to.. this is a perfect buy time thanks to Putin..

Easily buying up $250,000 in stocks

Reactions: taxslave

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
“The measures are designed to respond to insurrection, espionage and genuine threats to the Canadian Constitution rather than peaceful protest, no matter how irritating and inconvenient,” observed the FT, whose audience includes London’s financial centre and a wide swathe of European decision-makers.
The prime minister invoked it, and bears principal responsibility for it, but the New Democratic Party’s vote to support it on Monday night kept it in force until the government finally relented late Wednesday. Had the NDP voted with the other opposition parties, the emergency powers would have immediately been revoked. Singh’s responsibility thus (also) invites careful examination.
Justin Trudeau alone could not have wrapped the great security blanket around all 38 million Canadian citizens if he could not have found a partner, one as stern and steely-eyed as himself. Another warrior-politician to stand up against the forces of chaos and rebellion that have threatened the actual existence of Canada over these past horrendous three weeks with their parked trucks, nightly barbecues, sing-a-longs and Hitler-coded Honk Honks.
It is plainly obvious, however, that what guided the decision to rescind emergency powers was that the politics changed, just as it was politics, not policing needs, that drove the decision to invoke the act in the first place.
The House of Commons voted on Monday night to extend the emergency measures that have been in place since last week. The NDP voted with the Liberals, arguing that it was a confidence vote and now was not the time to plunge the country into an election.

But that trick likely won’t work with Senators, who are growing increasingly frustrated that they feel forced to rubber stamp government legislation.
Etc…

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As a disinterested outsider, you have my best wishes. That's my view as somebody who thinks True Dope is amusing and incompetent, but don't have the slobbering hatred for him that many on this board have.

This was a bridge too far. I hope enough Canadians see it that way to make a change.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
As a disinterested outsider, you have my best wishes. That's my view as somebody who thinks True Dope is amusing and incompetent, but don't have the slobbering hatred for him that many on this board have.

This was a bridge too far. I hope enough Canadians see it that way to make a change.
I hope so too, but doubt it. Lots of dumb people who fell for his act.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I moved lots of cash out of my accounts yesterday..

But with the stock market tanking I had to.. this is a perfect buy time thanks to Putin..

Easily buying up $250,000 in stocks
Soon to have a value of $100 000. Leaving a nice tax credit.

Reactions: Twin_Moose