What Are You Having For Dinner?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
BLT

this is the first time I ever used smoked turkey bacon - not bad though not as tasty as regular bacon

but it is low fat and about the same price as regular - will keep using it for a while

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Gumbo a la Mike
Ingredients:
3 cups chicken stock,
3 cups sliced okra
3 Andouille sausage, sliced while still half frozen
3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, BBQ’d or fried with Cajun spice.
2 Bell peppers, chopped
1-2 Jalapeños, seeded and chopped
1 Onion, large, chopped
2 Celery stocks, chopped
4-5 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tablespoon thyme
1 Tablespoon chilli powder
1 Tablespoon paprika
1 Teaspoon cayenne
1/2 Teaspoon cumin
½ cup of Roux = ½cup butter+½cup of flour
Preparation:
Sauté vegetables, slowly, don’t burn them you just want to meld those flavours. Also add the garlic last, never mind why, it’s just better, set aside. Cook chicken and slice bite size, the exact size should be determined by the size of your mouth, of course. Slice sausage. Measure spices into a bowl, don’t get to **** about the amounts just watch the cayenne... Prepare chicken stock. Got all that? OK, now you be ready.
In a large stock pot start making the Roux. Heat butter on med-high and stir in flour slowly, this takes constant attention and patience. The butter should be bubbling not boiling into a burnt mess.
When the Roux turns a lovely shade of golden brown add the stock, vegetables, meat and spices. Stir in and bring to a boil briefly then simmer for ½ an hour then dial that **** back. Check the spices, add what you think you need. Simmer it real slow like for minimum 1½ hours to 3 hours. Stir it once in a while, you’re not that busy.
Get crusty bread for which to wipe your bowl and fill yourself

****=a n a l

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
whoa mumma eh1eh that is one massive recipe

I am trying a new recipe this afternoon for dinner...for lunch I made homemade chicken noodle soup...it turned out better than the first time I made it as I adjusted the noodle amount

for dinner I am making Baked lemon, rosemary chicken.

fingers crossed that it turns out good enough to add to my collection

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Ya, it is a bit of an undertaking but boy is it good.
Rosemary chicken is a favourite of mine. I recently made an entire chicken like that.
Awesome really.
The recipe for that is dead simple. Stick a piece onion and some rosemary inside the chicken (and a piece of lemon if you got it). Then rub some olive oil on the chicken and rub in some rosemary and S&P all over. Bake in an open dish with a cup of water and an onion. Boom, yummy. You can make gravy too of course and it is divine.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Ya, it is a bit of an undertaking but boy is it good.
Rosemary chicken is a favourite of mine. I recently made an entire chicken like that.
Awesome really.
The recipe for that is dead simple. Stick a piece onion and some rosemary inside the chicken (and a piece of lemon if you got it). Then rub some olive oil on the chicken and rub in some rosemary and S&P all over. Bake in an open dish with a cup of water and an onion. Boom, yummy. You can make gravy too of course and it is divine.
YUM that sounds good eh1eh...I never make a whole chicken any more as I only eat the white meat...he will eat a bit of the dark but not enough....maybe though I could try a small chicken because it sounds wonderful...thanks

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Left over Shrimp Creole on jasmine rice. Cheese cake, black berries, rasperries and blue berries with whipped cream. Can't wait for dinner.... may have to eat early.

It tastes better with prawns cause the meat is sweeter and their bigger, but we are out of spot prawns and our local...supplier is in the process of moving.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Roast beef with Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy, Oven Roasted Potatoes and Yams.

What sold me was the offspring saying "Oh, I've never made those before......" :D

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Roast beef with Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy, Oven Roasted Potatoes and Yams.

What sold me was the offspring saying "Oh, I've never made those before......" :D

Yorkshire pudding and roast beef gravy are my favouritest of all meals. There is no better delivery system for gravy then yorkshire pudding and there is no better meat for making gravey then roast beast.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Filet mignon, caviar and lobster tails!

Actually it was tossed salad, spuds, mixed vegetables and some left over pork roast. :)