What are you eating right now?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I have a Ninja which is very handy equipment for your kitchen.

wow it looks very similar. How long have you had it and do you like it and how often do you use it?

I am having a bad food afternoon. Just having an egg on toast with melted cheese and bacon. :( It tastes divine. I was good this morning though...had an apple, pear, spinach and blueberry, blast. It was good.

Home made fresh Peach Cobbler made with honey and no sugar other what comes naturally. And some home made Pear Cider for a chaser.
yum!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
We don't need expensive and flashy gadgets to whip up tasty meals around here. :D Wooden spoons, whisks, knives, etc. don't take up nearly as much room either and we get some exercise from using the implements mentioned. :)
I'm a gadget gal.

although one gadget that never caught on in my kitchen was the food processor. Maybe I didn't spend enough time with it to appreciate it but I never did get the hang of which blade did what.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Oh, yeah. I should have said, "Expensive, flashy, and complicated gadget". Thanks. :)
yeah I don't do complicated... it has to make life easier but I do like expensive and flashy and if it sparkles it adds value too... lol... I would especially like anything made with carat(s)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
We don't need expensive and flashy gadgets to whip up tasty meals around here. :D Wooden spoons, whisks, knives, etc. don't take up nearly as much room either and we get some exercise from using the implements mentioned. :)

You whip up a smoothie by hand! Impressive. Lol.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
lol We don't do smoothies. Home-made popsicles, yes. :D

So if ya want a smoothie, ya needs a gadget then lol. :D

Hey, I have a food processor, it's handy for really big jobs. But if I'm chopping onions or garlic for the frying pan, I'm doing it by hand too.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Food processors don't have to be super expensive, nor does the bread maker. We use the bread maker
to make nearly all our bread and we use the food processor to make all kinds of things........like piecrust
....throw in the flour, the salt, the shortning, and a bit of water, and in three or four moments you have
enough piecrust for a double crust pie.......much easier than getting up to your elbows in floury goop.
A recipe book came with the breadmaker and there is a recipe for French bread that I use several times
a week.
CHEERS

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
So if ya want a smoothie, ya needs a gadget then lol. :D
I don't even know what a smoothie is. lol Popsicles work for me.

Hey, I have a food processor, it's handy for really big jobs. But if I'm chopping onions or garlic for the frying pan, I'm doing it by hand too.
We do have a small hand mixer. Saves a bit of time in taking lumps out of stuff.

Food processors don't have to be super expensive, nor does the bread maker. We use the bread maker
to make nearly all our bread and we use the food processor to make all kinds of things........like piecrust
....throw in the flour, the salt, the shortning, and a bit of water, and in three or four moments you have
enough piecrust for a double crust pie.......much easier than getting up to your elbows in floury goop.
A recipe book came with the breadmaker and there is a recipe for French bread that I use several times
a week.
CHEERS
We got a bread maker as a gift one time. It makes pizza dough and taco/burrito dough which we then bake in the regular oven. But for bread, we found that for the amount of flour and whatnot the breadmaker requires per loaf, we can make 5 loaves by hand.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
a week.
CHEERS

I use my processor for shredding cheese! I love shredded cheese sprinkled on casseroles, baked potatoes, etc but I hate shredding it! Such a chore.

I've used my breadmaker to make dough before but all the breads, and I've tried a variety of recipes, I find them too dense for my taste.

I don't even know what a smoothie is. lol Popsicles work for me.

A smoothie is a slushy drink, sometimes with dairy. Fresh or frozen fruits, some ice, can use milk or yogurt, whip it up in a blender. Nice for a quick on the go breakfast. Pretty healthy too.

We do have a small hand mixer. Saves a bit of time in taking lumps out of stuff.
I use my electric mixer for whipping the potatoes after mashing them by hand. I just always assumed everybody did that. But the last time I made mashed potatoes, my dinner guest said "Hey these don't have lumps in them". Lol. I guess not everybody used the mixer to whip their potatoes. :D

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I use my processor for shredding cheese! I love shredded cheese sprinkled on casseroles, baked potatoes, etc but I hate shredding it! Such a chore.
We like cheese on stuff, too, but we don't find shredding it much of a chore.

I've used my breadmaker to make dough before but all the breads, and I've tried a variety of recipes, I find them too dense for my taste.
Yeah. I think ours calls for 4 cups of flour to make 1 loaf. Like I said, we can make 4 or 5 loaves with 4 cups of flour by hand. It's nice n fluffy bread, too.

A smoothie is a slushy drink, sometimes with dairy. Fresh or frozen fruits, some ice, can use milk or yogurt, whip it up in a blender. Nice for a quick on the go breakfast. Pretty healthy too.
Oh. It's like mashed popsicles.

I use my electric mixer for whipping the potatoes after mashing them by hand. I just always assumed everybody did that. But the last time I made mashed potatoes, my dinner guest said "Hey these don't have lumps in them". Lol. I guess not everybody used the mixer to whip their potatoes. :D
We don't mix spuds either. Might try it. :)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
wow it looks very similar. How long have you had it and do you like it and how often do you use it?

I am having a bad food afternoon. Just having an egg on toast with melted cheese and bacon. :( It tastes divine. I was good this morning though...had an apple, pear, spinach and blueberry, blast. It was good.

yum!

I've had it for a couple of months and it's very useful. It makes great malts, purees veggies, and minces meat superbly. It takes only seconds to get the job done and I probably use it every day. It also is good for kneading bread and I plan on doing that soon.

Costs about $200 and is well worth it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We like cheese on stuff, too, but we don't find shredding it much of a chore.

Yeah. I think ours calls for 4 cups of flour to make 1 loaf. Like I said, we can make 4 or 5 loaves with 4 cups of flour by hand. It's nice n fluffy bread, too.

Oh. It's like mashed popsicles.

. :)

The only time I've gotten a substantial increase in volume was by adding a pile of dry gluten that you can buy
at the store for six or seven dollars a package, but never a loaf of bread for a cup of flour.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Just had Kraft Dinner with bacon and real cheese. A little heavy on calories but very tasty.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
My dear wife made us a from scratch chicken pot pie for supper, while yours truly worked on an new to us aluminum door. The door wins for now.

sun was goin down an I wuz standin in the snow.............brrrrr.

Dang good pot pie. Has frozen ones beat by a kilometer or twain.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
earlier today I made some good old bannock ~

except that I used rice flour instead of wheat, added salt & honey, and cooked it over vegetable oil

Very tasty!