What are American values?

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: What are American val

Reverend Blair said:
The "One nation under god" part of the (lemon) Pledge of Allegiance was added later. It was not part of the original pledge.

Rev, you are correct in that the Pledge of Allegiance was updated in 1954 by congress to include "under God". The Knights of Columbus (of which I am a proud member) successfully convinced congress to update the pledge to reflect the reality that the US is indeed a nation under God.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Jesus Christ. Let's all worship at the church of Nascar.

Sure, we'd all be better off if we watched Nascar, and went to some stupid freakin baptist church every Sunday, full of upstanding baptists who all watch the dukes of hazzard and masturbate while dreaming of daisy duke....big tits, no brains, and let's all fear god. That's the way we do it. One nation under god, and god damn you if you don't fit MY definition.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
NASScar? Puke!

I'm a fan of open wheel racing.

As for,

fighting for freedom/paying a price

That excludes Republican politicians. Bush, for example, refuses to send his own daughters into Iraq.

opposing taxes

Yeah --- for the wealthy while increasing taxes on lower income people.

privacy

But the government snoops into people's library, magazine subscription, and tax records.

equality for all

Yet, has the greatest disparity in prison sentences for Black as opposed to White felons despite having the same crime records.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
I read somewhere just recently, where americans will work for hundreds of thousands of dollars, and save one........and the chinese will work for one and save thirty......

Nascar_James

Council Member
Jun 6, 2005
Oklahoma, USA
Re: RE: What are American values?

TenPenny said:

Sure, we'd all be better off if we watched Nascar, and went to some stupid freakin baptist church every Sunday, full of upstanding baptists who all watch the dukes of hazzard and masturbate while dreaming of daisy duke....big tits, no brains, and let's all fear god. That's the way we do it. One nation under god, and god damn you if you don't fit MY definition.

TenPenny, do you have any idea as to what you are talking about? What in the world do the Knights of Columbus have to do with a Baptist church? The Knights of Columbus are a Catholic organization. If you don't understand the topic at hand, then don't reply! Stick with what you know!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
TP was referring to NASScar :evil: crap which is primarily a Southern favorite. That's why he referred to Baptists. All the more reason why Paul Tracy should NOT be going there.

bulldog

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2005

Said1 said:
bulldog said:
Reverend Blair said:
So the entire US is a cult? Or just those that go to NASCAR races?

The "One nation under god" part of the (lemon) Pledge of Allegiance was added later. It was not part of the original pledge.

As for Canadians needing to find their faith....a real nation populated by real people does not have to depend on the benevolence of some invisible man in the sky.

If you'd use your noggin, Rev, where else do you find 200,000 Americans gathered on a regular scheduled basis? Ahem, but when and where would you find 200,000 Canadians gathered on a regular scheduled basis for a comparison?

Bull Dog

I love riddles. Where?

The answer is: You won't. If you did, it would be an different demographic. Even the Super Bowl doesn't draw as many people as a Nascar race - and there are quite a few races each year. The Super Bowl only comes once a year. There are no regular events in Canada that draw that number of people - that I'm aware of.
You tell me.

Bull Dog

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Re: RE: What are American values?

Nascar_James said:
TenPenny said:

TenPenny, do you have any idea as to what you are talking about? What in the world do the Knights of Columbus have to do with a Baptist church? The Knights of Columbus are a Catholic organization. If you don't understand the topic at hand, then don't reply! Stick with what you know!

Do YOU have any idea what I am talking about? Obviously not, since you have some idea I was connecting the Knights of Columbus with the baptist church.

You need to develop your reading comprehension skills. Try reading what is written, as opposed to what you THINK is written.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That could be. And I have a habit of taking off on a tangent. I didn't know the Knights of Columbus existed in the US - they seem to be scared of Catholics. (Wasn't there a big crisis over the idea of a Catholic President 40 some years ago???)

Knights of Columbus, Knights Templar, Masons, Mormons....they're all suspects, you know.

ElPolaco

Electoral Member
Nov 5, 2004
Fruita, CO, Aztlan
www.spec-tra.com

Nascar_James said:
Reverend Blair said:

Rev, you are correct in that the Pledge of Allegiance was updated in 1954 by congress to include "under God". The Knights of Columbus (of which I am a proud member) successfully convinced congress to update the pledge to reflect the reality that the US is indeed a nation under God.

I'm a member too! However, you won't see either an elephant or donkey by my name. "Under God" in the pledge is great. It's the only part I like. Believe me, the US sure does need Him especially to help us against those who rule in His Name.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
There's been quotes of very positive values and some very fine words. However, there seems to be a major disconnect in putting those values into practice. Perhaps people are blinded by their faith that the U.S. gov. has their best interest at heart, so they do not see what is happening in their name.

when asked what he though of Western Civilization Ghandi responded that "it would be a good idea."

jjw1965

Electoral Member
Jul 8, 2005
ElPolaco wrote:
Believe me, the US sure does need Him especially to help us against those who rule in His Name.
Boy thats the truth! What kills me is how people in the U.S. think George Bush is a man of God, my only question is, what God?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: What are American val

What kills me is how people in the U.S. think George Bush is a man of God,
It's not only the US that thinks God is in their back pocket.

manda

Council Member
Jul 3, 2005
swirling in the abyss of nowhere la

Vanni Fucci said:
Twila said:
It's not only the US that thinks God is in their back pocket.

Of course they're wrong...he's in mine, and has been for some time..

I like to sit on his head and fart...it's a game we play, God and I... :p

So what does he do when he gets to shove you in his back pocket...or should we all be very afraid there Vanni Boy? :twisted:

Hard-Luck Henry

Council Member
Feb 19, 2005
But god must be in your farts anyway, so that's hardly going to faze him, is it? :? And I'd be careful who you wind up, Vanni; I certainly wouldn't want to find myself on the end of an omnipotent fart, game or otherwise. 8O

Vanni Fucci

Senate Member
Dec 26, 2004
8th Circle, 7th Bolgia
the-brights.net
Hard-Luck Henry said:
But god must be in your farts anyway, so that's hardly going to faze him, is it? :? And I'd be careful who you wind up, Vanni; I certainly wouldn't want to find myself on the end of an omnipotent fart, game or otherwise. 8O

Well being omniscient, God surely knows how potent my farts can be, especially after I simmer a batch of my 5 alarm chili...

...and being omnipotent, he knows that it doesn't matter where I am when I let loose, he's still going to smell it... :fart: