What a Friggin Waste

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Take 2 400mg Advil, get baked and take a nap.

Look for something with a strong terpene profile of Linalool, Alpha-Pinene and Myrcene. Lavender essential oils will also help so that plus a med-mar with the terpene profile I mentioned and you should be good to go. I hope this helps in any way.
Thanks. Chaparral extract worked well for several years, but don't seem to be as effective anymore.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Thanks. Chaparral extract worked well for several years, but don't seem to be as effective anymore.
If you need it for daytime I suggest a sativa as most of them won't couch lock you, although there's a handful of sativas that will so kind'a watch out for that. For nighttime I'd go with a pure indica or a heavy indica dominant hybrid. In either case aim for something with the terpene profile mention in the previous post.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Wow, been having some fun with the products from my provider. Their high-end pink strains just keep blowing me away but today I also bought some stuff called Jagermeister. Goddam that stuff makes smoking weed fun again, It's potent AF and it even has some if the taste notes that the alcohol has giving it a rather unique taste and smell when it burns. It's the perfect strain to say "fuck it" to a shitty day, or to watch a Monty Python marathon or even if you just wanna get plain ol' fried.
As for pain, I dunno if it actually kills it, masks it, or just makes you too high to notice it and I don't care, it just works.

One thing I also like about my dispensary is they take some of their high-end strains, separate the big-sexy buds from the "smalls" and sell the "smalls" at a deep discount for the same quantity. These guys are so pro they even want their high-end product to look beautiful as well. But I don't care about looks, as long as the shit does what it's supposed to. $170/oz for $280/oz weed? Yes please!

As for the Jag, I haven't smoked anything that amazingly potent in 20 years at least. It's a pretty intense high but with a nice relaxing body buzz. I hope they have it around for awhile because it's my new favourite without question. And that says a lot because everything I've purchased from them has been something I would definitely buy again or strongly recommend to a friend.

Reactions: taxslave

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
$170? Ouch!
Hell that's cheap in Ontario for an ounce of super premium bud. Before legalization I was paying $250 an oz. Here's a comparison. Jag has a 35% THC level. The most potent stuff I've seen in the licenced medical supply in Ontario is 29% and that shit sells for $440/0z/ But it's "only" $352/oz if you qualify for their "compassionate pricing" program.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I've been giving vaping another go and this time around I'm getting a much better experience. First time I tried it I bought a couple of disposable pens and they, well, they weren't worth the money. However since then I've learned the disposable vapes aren't all that good to begin with.
So I bought a little kit instead this time and some refills. Now, the reason the disposables aren't all that good is because they tend to be pure distillate. Which means the focus is purely on THC or CBD content losing most if not all of the terpenes and other components that give you that full effect of smoking dried flower. You can get high THC concentrations of over 90% in the distillates and they give a nice hard hit, but the effect is short-lived.

As a result I went with full spectrum and live resin vape carts which gives you all of the effects of dried flower. You also really get the full flavour of the strain as well. They also tend to cost a bit more too because the production method is a little more involved and done in smaller batches. But for $5 or less extra, it's worth it. I get all the medicinal benefits that I didn't get from the pure distillates. And since vape is more concentrated than flower, so is the pain relief.

The kit was cheap. Cost me $25 for a 510 thread battery, USB charger and a .5g cart of Blue Dream. That Blue Dream is some nice stuff right there boy. Smells wonderful, tastes amazing and it gets you there. Plus the carts are recyclable, unlike the disposables. So is the battery. As an added plus, a lot of the carts don't come in plastic packaging. Also picked up some Pineapple Daze, Doesn't really taste like pineapple but it still tastes and smells great. It's also a nice mellow, relaxing high. The Rainbow Sherbet live resin on the other hand packs a wallop and it tastes just like the name suggests. And finally some good ol' Pink Kush. I've always loved the high from that stuff as well as the overall effects it has on pain. It's an engaging high. It's not too mellow or particularly intense, but it can give you a nice case of the giggles as well being a very social strain.

The whole thing is still kind'a weird to me after 35+ plus years of rolling, piping, bonging and hot knifing cannabis but so far I can't argue with the results.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well, I just discovered what a serious rip off legal weed is in Canada. They pull a bit of a bait and switch. When you look at the pics of the bud that's for sale many of them show the buds covered in nice, frosty trichomes. However, when you buy it, the vast majority of those trichomes are missing.
Turns out what the bastards are selling is "tumble weed". They tumble it to knock off as many trichomes as they can (to use in the production of various concentrates) before packaging it, so what they're showing you isn't really what you're buying. And considering the fucking prices of the shit it's ridiculous they do that. Don't remove the cream of the crop and then have the unmitigated gall to charge premium prices for tumble weed.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Found an amazing recipe for easily making powerful edibles at home.

-Decarb 5g of hash, kief or bud at 240 F for 40 minutes. (I suggest using an oven thermometer to make sure you're at 240 F as different ovens can have different power outputs).
-Take your decarbed product and add 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil and a 1/2 teaspoon of lecithin (any kind of lecithin but liquid lecithin is easiest to use)
- Heat at 220 F for 20 minutes
-Freeze it
-Heat again at 220 F for 20 minutes. This gives you the base to add to any edible you want to make.

If you use bud to make it, it'll be about 1/3 as potent than if you used hash or kief and will taste a little green but will still kick your ass.
Make sure your starting ingredients are fully decarbed. Less time at a lower temperature will just send you off to sleepy-time land. (unless that's what you want).
For those who don't have much luck getting high from edibles, that's where the coconut oil and lecithin come into play. Coconut oil drops the waiting time from around 2 hours to just 45 minutes. While lecithin not only boosts the potency but makes the high last much longer because it increases bioavailability.

With your finished concentrate you can either add it to some chocolate, peanut butter, baked goods and even regular food or put 3 drops in a capsule.
And the truly brilliant bit about this recipe? There's no tolerance build up. This shit will get even the heaviest daily user high as fuck for hours every day.

If you try this, just make sure you start off by eating a small amount. If you're not feeling it after 2 hours, eat another piece. Keep doing that until you hit your sweet spot. For some that sweet spot just might be the first piece.

Happy flying.