Well that was entertaining!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I can’t say if I’ve ever even noticed this thread before, but here’s what to me is a new spin. Just throwing this out there because I thought it was interesting and a little funny.

Joe Rogan believes that the Jan. 6 Capitol riot might have ties to various branches of the American government that encouraged the insurrection in a bid to stop Donald Trump from regaining the U.S. presidency in 2021.

“The Jan. 6 thing is bad, but also, the intelligence agencies were involved in provoking people to go into the Capitol building. That’s a fact,” the controversial podcaster said during a conversation with comedian Jim Gaffigan on a recent episode of The Joe Rogan Experience.

(maybe this isn’t new but it’s new to me)

Rogan also suggested that MAGA hat-wearing rioter Ray Epps, who conspiracy theorists have speculated might have been a government agent, deliberately helped provoke the attack.

“I do know that every other person who was involved in Jan. 6 — who was involved in coordinating a break-in into the Capitol and then instigating people into breaking in — they were all arrested. This guy wasn’t,” Rogan said of Epps. “Not only that, they were defending him in the New York Times, the Washington Post, all those different things saying Fox News unjustly accused him of instigating. Well he clearly instigated. He did it on-camera. I don’t know if he was a fed. I know a lot of people think he was a fed.”

Last month, Epps filed a defamation lawsuit against Fox News and former host Tucker Carlson for claiming he was an undercover FBI agent who helped instigate the riot at the Capitol.

In response to Rogan’s comments, Epps’ lawyer, Michael Teter, spoke out against the accusations levelled against his client.

“The fact that people like Joe Rogan continue to propagate the lie that Ray Epps participated in a false flag operation to instigate the Jan. 6 riots demonstrates the widespread and lasting harm that Fox News has done to Ray,” Teter said in a statement to Mediaite. “Without Fox’s and Tucker Carlson’s lies, Ray would be unknown and unassailed, running his wedding venue business with his wife and enjoying the ranch he and Robyn built.

“Instead, Ray continues to face the destructive consequences of Fox’s decision to target him with falsehoods. Joe Rogan’s comments are just the most recent proof of the perpetual damage inflicted by Fox.”

But Rogan was unmoved by Epps’ claims of innocence, telling Gaffigan, “The people that were there were calling him a fed. What I do know is when they asked the FBI, the FBI said, ‘We can’t tell you whether or not there were people that were there that were doing that.’ Now, there’s been reports that there were hundreds of agents that were there doing that. I don’t know if that was true.”

Rogan wouldn’t pinpoint who is exactly to blame for starting the deadly protest, but said he didn’t put it past the government for initiating the rioting. “They do use agent provocateurs to disrupt peaceful protests. It’s a common tactic,” he said, pointing to WTO protests that happened in Seattle in 1999.

“They silenced protest … This is a tactic that some government agencies use to stop peaceful protests,” Rogan said.

But Gaffigan was skeptical about Rogan’s reasoning that government agents stirred up the frenzy in Washington that January afternoon.

“You’re saying that they’re [the government is] like: ‘We’ll make this — instead of an awkward protest — we’ll encourage it so that it’ll backfire on Trump rather than it being this rising of people that believe that there was election corruption’?” Gaffigan asked. “I’m more suspicious why Trump didn’t call for backup for the Capitol Police … there’s more conspiracy stuff against Trump.”

Still, Rogan wasn’t buying Gaffigan’s response saying that Trump set himself up when he spoke out against U.S. intelligence officials. “He did it openly and he did it brazenly and a lot of people think it’s very dangerous,” he said. “Trump was open about his disdain about the intelligence agencies.”

“So you’re saying when he was in Helsinki and he was saying, ‘I believe Putin more than my intelligence community,’ that was something the intelligence community was like ‘We’re gonna get him’?” Gaffigan asked.

“He was openly talking about them being incompetent and being corrupt,” Rogan responded. “Trump was their enemy.”

Later in their conversation, Gaffigan acknowledged that there is “corruption on both sides” of the political spectrum.

“You and I both have this same suspicion, but we’re coming from two different sides, which is fascinating,” Gaffigan continued. “I think you are more likely to think that Biden is Satan and I’m more likely to think that Trump is Satan.” (Satan?)

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Totally your call. I thought it was interesting for a short read. I’ve never heard of Ray Epps before the above, either, and it’s kind of weird that he is not one of the ones arrested but who knows….

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Are you aware of Joe Rogan having access to classified information?
No but if anyone actually looked into the twitter files, apparently video shows him to clearly "invite" people into going into the building. Whether it was incitement or not, who knows. His name was initially put on the list to be "interviewed" & then was "mysteriously" taken off the list.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No but if anyone actually looked into the twitter files, apparently video shows him to clearly "invite" people into going into the building. Whether it was incitement or not, who knows. His name was initially put on the list to be "interviewed" & then was "mysteriously" taken off the list.
Ray Epps is FBI . Sad but true that shinny hill has lost it’s lustre . And we are not far behind . The two richest societies in the history of man kind ,pissed away .

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ray Epps is FBI . Sad but true that shinny hill has lost it’s lustre . And we are not far behind . The two richest societies in the history of man kind ,pissed away .
What’s your access to American classified information?

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
If he wasn’t he would have already been tried and convicted .
That could possibly be true because it was quite clear from the video what he was doing. He was encouraging people to go into the building, that's for sure & there is absolutely no doubt. Now, whether he was an "agent provocateur" or "FBI" is anyone's guess but I'd bet he belongs to one or the other.