Well that was entertaining!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Discussed this already.

Not my issue if you didn't get the irony and sarcasm of it.
How about you start a protest about the Capitol Police shooting an unarmed woman.

I'm sure no one's thought of that before.
Why aren't people in the streets demanding answers?

Why aren't people out there protesting the Capitol Police?

I mean, come on, the shooting of an unarmed woman should be an instant call to action.
Nope not discussed you just said I or conservatives should demand mob justice

Reactions: petros

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Nope not discussed you just said I or conservatives should demand mob justice

I said you should protest the shooting as that's what others are doing if it was so unfair.

That's not mob justice.

Maybe not sarcasm, but considering this is exactly what BLM is about - the unlawful shooting of people - I was trying to connect the dots for you.

Pretty sure I stated it elsewhere though - no sympathy from me, this woman went to the capitol, unlawfully entered congress, did NOT back off when told to and when the gun came out she still didn't back off...

Don't want to get shot, don't do a crime.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I said you should protest the shooting as that's what others are doing if it was so unfair.

That's not mob justice.

Maybe not sarcasm, but considering this is exactly what BLM is about - the unlawful shooting of people - I was trying to connect the dots for you.

Pretty sure I stated it elsewhere though - no sympathy from me, this woman went to the capitol, unlawfully entered congress, did NOT back off when told to and when the gun came out she still didn't back off...

Don't want to get shot, don't do a crime.
Protesting and rioting for a wanted outcome is not mob justice?

We just witnessed mob justice in Minnesota over your same argument

Reactions: B00Mer

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Protesting and rioting for a wanted outcome is not mob justice?

We just witnessed mob justice in Minnesota over your same argument

That's assuming you equal protesting and rioting as the same thing.

I don't hold that belief. They are two very different things, first of which is one is legal and a right, the other is not.

And no, you didn't witness mob justice in Minnesota, unless you, again, want to look at it that way. Which you obviously do. And that's on your ignorance, not anyone else's.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
That's assuming you equal protesting and rioting as the same thing.

I don't hold that belief. They are two very different things, first of which is one is legal and a right, the other is not.

And no, you didn't witness mob justice in Minnesota, unless you, again, want to look at it that way. Which you obviously do. And that's on your ignorance, not anyone else's.
It was the very definition of one Unless Chauvin was found guilty (if you payed attention to the trial the prosecutors didn't provide the burden of proof) they were going to burn the country down and because of it (mark my words) the Chauvin conviction will be overturned. IMO a deal was struck to appease the mob, Chauvin's lack of expression on the verdict kinda gave it away.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah and petros

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Anyone with half a brain on this issue knew it was coming.

If you didn't think it was you weren't paying attention.

Doesn't mean it'll work or Chauvin wasn't guilty. The SOB was guilty AF.
Guilty of what? Not capitulating to the mob?

Never seen this in the MSM did you?

Check out the George Floyd thread in hot topics to get yourself caught up

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Looks to be a bi-partisan commission at least

House reaches bipartisan deal on 9/11-style Commission on Jan. 6 riots

The commission will be made up of five Democrats and five Republicans.

House lawmakers on Friday reached a tentative,. bipartisan deal to establish a 9/11-style Commission to review the Jan. 6 Capitol Hill attack.

The bill to create a bipartisan commission is expected to get a vote next week, and if passed would have 10 members with backgrounds in law enforcement and national security with both Democrats appointing five members and Republicans appointing five members, according to The Hill newspaper.

The agreement strays from the commission House Speaker Nancy Pelosi proposed, earlier in the year, which had seven Democrats to just four Republicans on the 11 person Commission.

"There has been a growing consensus that the January 6th attack is of a complexity and national significance that what we need [is] an independent commission to investigate," House Homeland Security Democratic Chairman Bennie G. Thompson and Republican Ranking Member John Katko said in a joint statement Friday.

Senate Republicans have opposed Pelosi's plan, arguing the breathe of the probe should include the summer 2020 social justice protests.

• Sad
Reactions: Danbones

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
"BUSTED: New Video Shows Capitol Police Lied About January 6th FULL SHOW 5-16-21"

NOT REALLY "NEWS" TO SOME OF US.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Interesting really kicks the armed insurrection narrative in the a**

Video Shows U.S. Capitol Police Gave Protesters OK to Enter

By Julie Kelly May 16, 2021

newly-obtained video shows United States Capitol Police officers speaking with several January 6 protestors—including Jacob Chansley, the so-called “Q shaman”—inside the Capitol that afternoon.

One officer, identified in the video and confirmed by charging documents as Officer Keith Robishaw, appears to tell Chansely’s group they won’t stop them from entering the building. “We’re not against . . . you need to show us . . . no attacking, no assault, remain calm,” Robishaw warns. Chansley and another protestor instruct the crowd to act peacefully. “This has to be peaceful,” Chansley yelled. “We have the right to peacefully assemble.”

Watch:

WATCH: U.S. Capitol Police Gave Protesters OK To Enter Capitol (rumble.com)

The video directly contradicts what government prosecutors allege in a complaint filed January 8 against Chansley: “Robishaw and other officers calmed the protestors somewhat and directed them to leave the area from the same way they had entered. Chansley approached Officer Robishaw and screamed, among other things, that this was their house, and that they were there to take the Capitol, and to get Congressional leaders.”

Chansley later is seen entering the Senate chambers with a police officer behind him; he led several protesters in prayer and sat in Vice President Mike Pence’s chair. (The man in the yellow sweatshirt is William Watson, a drug dealer out on bond. He was arrested in January.)

Chansley is not charged with assaulting an officer; he faces several counts for trespassing and disorderly conduct. He has been incarcerated since January, denied bail awaiting trial. He has no criminal record.

American Greatness obtained the video from RMG News. The 44-second clip is reportedly part of a much longer video that has yet to be released.

Reactions: Danbones

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
U.S. House approves Capitol riot probe opposed by Trump, top Republicans
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Richard Cowan and Susan Cornwell
Publishing date:May 19, 2021 • 14 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
Pro-Trump protesters storm into the U.S. Capitol during clashes with police, during a rally to contest the certification of the 2020 U.S. presidential election results by the U.S. Congress, in Washington, D.C., Jan. 6, 2021.
Pro-Trump protesters storm into the U.S. Capitol during clashes with police, during a rally to contest the certification of the 2020 U.S. presidential election results by the U.S. Congress, in Washington, D.C., Jan. 6, 2021. PHOTO BY SHANNON STAPLETON /REUTERS
Article content
WASHINGTON — The U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday voted to create an independent commission to probe the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol by supporters of former President Donald Trump, as a significant number of Republicans defied party leaders’ attempts to block it.

Over the past two days, House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy and Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell worked to kill a bipartisan bill to establish the commission to investigate the violence that left five dead.

The House voted 252-175 to approve the commission, which was styled after the Sept. 11, 2001 panel that probed attacks on the United States. The bill now goes to the Senate where its future was unclear.

The solid number of Republicans voting for the independent investigation – 35 out of 211 – signaled some cracks in the party’s defence of Trump on a key vote.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, a Democrat, said McCarthy “got what he asked for” in a compromise on the structure of the commission, which would be charged with wrapping up its investigation by Dec. 31. He added, “Trump does not want this commission.”

McCarthy is a close ally of Trump.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose