WE really need to get rid of this guy

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The one-time affordability measure was included in the March 2023 federal budget, and Freeland opted to pull this proposal out of the main budget implementation bill to try to see these payments administered faster.

Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland said Thursday that the federal government would be issuing the promised "grocery rebate" payments in "just a few weeks." But, according to the Canada Revenue Agency, they won't be landing in eligible Canadians' bank accounts until July.
1683325486822.jpeg
In an email to CTVNews.ca, the CRA confirmed that it is planning on rolling out the food-inflation focused benefit eight weeks from now, in line with the pre-scheduled next quarterly GST/HST credit payments.

Or…scrap some of the bullshit wealth distribution taxes, and they wouldn’t have to make goofy promises and one-time affordability measures for groceries…”I’m looking at you Carbon Tax!!”

"It is our Liberal government that is going to be delivering in just a few weeks a grocery rebate to 11 million Canadians who need it the most. That is Liberal compassion, that is taking care of each other," Freeland said during a panel discussion at the Liberal Party of Canada convention in Ottawa.

If more than one in four, but less than one in three, Canadians needs this ‘one-time’ hand out for food in just a few/eleven weeks…then we’re royalty screwed. This rebate is a rebrand of the GST tax credit boost delivered last fall and, as such, will be provided through the same system. Eligible low-and modest-income Canadians are not required to spend this one-time payment at the grocery store, but the Liberals sought to frame it as an effort to help offset the high cost of food.

Couples with two children will receive a payment of up to $467, while eligible seniors will receive up to $225, and eligible singles will receive up to $234.

If you’re Single, and if you qualify for the maximum of up to $234 actual Canadian Dollars…that works out to a per diem of a maximum of $0.64/day for 2023 with this grocery rebate affordability measure government cheque of your own money that your government will give you back.
1683329017228.jpeg
Is that what your vote is worth? $0.64/day? If you’re going to be bought as a Liberal Supporter in the next Federal Election, hold out for more!! Sally Struthers is asking for $0.70/day in USD for the CCF which converts to almost $0.94 CAD!!! Why settle for 2/3 of that for your vote? You can do better just like the government employees unions that just went back to work & they did not settle for $0.64/day in Canadian Pesos.
1683329306888.jpeg

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I'm not well versed in Catholic traditions, but I know they used to burn witches and heretics, and anyone else they didn't like. So, couldn't a few believers get together and have a turd roast? Might smell like burning shit for a while, but well worth the pain.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I'm not well versed in Catholic traditions, but I know they used to burn witches and heretics, and anyone else they didn't like. So, couldn't a few believers get together and have a turd roast? Might smell like burning shit for a while, but well worth the pain.
Yes they have an incinerator behind every church .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

The Catholic and Protestant churches promoted themselves by persecuting witches, economists argue. The Salem witch trials of the 1690s have an iconic place in American lore.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
The Catholic and Protestant churches promoted themselves by persecuting witches, economists argue. The Salem witch trials of the 1690s have an iconic place in American lore.
OST of the so called witches were burned because they were relatively rich young widows and refused to remarry to the old guy the church decided was right for them. Remember, women owning property was frowned upon.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
OST of the so called witches were burned because they were relatively rich young widows and refused to remarry to the old guy the church decided was right for them. Remember, women owning property was frowned upon.
Other way around. Young girls claimed the older women were witches so they could get a man that could take care of them.

Get your hate strate. They were Dutch Puritans. Neither Catholic or Protestant.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Other way around. Young girls claimed the older women were witches so they could get a man that could take care of them.

Doesn’t matter they are all kiddie diddlers to him .

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

And the Spanish?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

Not what I was taught.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I think petros has reference to witch-burnings (executions, actually: they weren't burned) in the North American colonies. He ignores the long European history of witch-burning, perhaps because he doesn't know about it.
What happened in the past is no reflection on today . Aztecs and Incas tossed virgins off the temple to appease the gods . Should we blame all indegenous Americans ?

Reactions: Dixie Cup