"We are the Christian Taliban."

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Me too. Apparently it doesnt like being confronted over its racism and bigotry. Radical lesbians are fragile and easily traumatized by reality.
Well she doesn't need to read it for the mocking of her racism and bigotry to be funny for the rest of us :)

I think Serryah is a member of the atheist taliban!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
From BBC, no less. AS far left and out of touch with reality as CBC, except with a funny accent.

So you didn't watch it; figures.

While I get being skeptical, their own words damn them.

What was sad but also twistedly entertaining was watching these white nationalists claim not to be racists or nazi's, yet doing everything that racists and nazi's do/say.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

What was sad but also twistedly entertaining was watching these white nationalists claim not to be racists or nazi's, yet doing everything that racists and nazi's do/say.
Kind'a like the supposedly anti-racist progressives who support ideas like racial segregation and race theory.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Which ones are those and what "race theory" is being supported?
Jesus Christ woman, open your ears and eyes. Several universities in the US have opted for segregated student housing, at the behest of Black students and SJWs. Here's a short list; Reed College, Cornell, UC Berkeley, Williams College and Stanford. Then we have Wesleyan with not one, not two, but SIX segregated residences, each for a different minority group. Of 173 schools surveyed in the US, 42% have segregated residences, 46% offer segregated orientation programs, and 72% host segregated graduation ceremonies. It's called “neo-segregation”: the voluntary and institutionally sanctioned segregation of minority students.

But of course that falls under the leftist motto of: "It's only okay when we do it. It's not racism when we engage in racism".

As for asking "which race theory" is being supported, I think you fucking well know.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

I started to but it was too revolting.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Jesus Christ woman, open your ears and eyes. Several universities in the US have opted for segregated student housing, at the behest of Black students and SJWs. Here's a short list; Reed College, Cornell, UC Berkeley, Williams College and Stanford. Then we have Wesleyan with not one, not two, but SIX segregated residences, each for a different minority group. Of 173 schools surveyed in the US, 42% have segregated residences, 46% offer segregated orientation programs, and 72% host segregated graduation ceremonies. It's called “neo-segregation”: the voluntary and institutionally sanctioned segregation of minority students.

I hadn't heard of any of that, but I will look into it now, thanks.

And if it's as you say, then I'd question why. If the housing is just offered, or was requested by students of different race/color, and that students can share dorms OR go to these 'segregated' dorms, then... well honestly it's not my business if students want to isolate themselves by 'race' or not, that's on them. Uni's will do what students want to make them 'happy' and more productive even if it seems dumbass and counter productive. I wouldn't be good with it, but I don't go to those schools and I'm not black and have the problems black students would have, so...

If they're being FORCED, that's a whole other issue and outright wrong and you would have a point.

But of course that falls under the leftist motto of: "It's only okay when we do it. It's not racism when we engage in racism".

Nice broadbrush of you and no, that's not the "leftist motto", that's a motto people like to claim is left just to make themselves feel "not left".

Irony is, some of those same people would be okay with that situation, or none of those 'non white' students going to Uni at all. The big deal they make over the issue is only because, IMO, they don't get to do it themselves.

As for asking "which race theory" is being supported, I think you fucking well know.

No, I don't.

Are you talking CRT which is a university class? If so, that's one thing and an actual justified class taught to cross-discipline students, usually law and social/civic students. Wouldn't have been my thing in Uni, but that's only because I wanted a completely different study. For students into societal issues, CRT matters.

And since it's a theory, instead of bitching about it, I'd like to see more people try to disprove it if they want to get rid of it so bad.

If you mean the supposed CRT being taught in lower grade schools, that's a non-existent thing that some people whine, bitch, freak out about because what they're really against is ACTUAL history being taught, and only label it CRT because they're fucking ignorant.

So which is it?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I started to but it was too revolting.

Yes, it was, and it gets worse as it goes. Yet there are people like this in the States that want and are pushing to gain power, or HAVE it.

Just because it was the BBC doesn't make it less legitimate. Especially when you can see these same people or same ideas expressed in multiple places to multiple people.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
And if it's as you say, then I'd question why. If the housing is just offered, or was requested by students of different race/color, and that students can share dorms OR go to these 'segregated' dorms, then... well honestly it's not my business if students want to isolate themselves by 'race' or not, that's on them. Uni's will do what students want to make them 'happy' and more productive even if it seems dumbass and counter productive. I wouldn't be good with it, but I don't go to those schools and I'm not black and have the problems black students would have, so...

So if the segregation is voluntary it is ok? Would that include a white-only dorm? If it is ok for one why not the other? Even if it is voluntary, there is still the implied 'if you are this race you cannot go here'.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Wait a minute - i thought you were only expert on shows you DIDN'T watch, like the woman king? Now you want people to watch things before commenting? Mixed messages there lady :) LOL

And for that matter, did YOU watch it? Because there's really no racism and zero naziism as you clamed there was. So.. apperently you DIDN'T watch it

Now i'm a big believer in the seperation of church and state but frankly there is nothing any more wrong with binging 'christian values' into schools than there is with bringing criticial race theory or any of the more bat-crap crazy left wing ideas. And "they're controlling what the kids read" is pretty rich from a group of people who insisted on banning Dr Seuss books that contained 'problematic' content.

Seriously - whether you're religious or not christian values aren't really a terrible way to live. Don't steal. Don't kill. Don't lie. Take a day off at least once a week. I mean,, can you IMAGINE how terrible it would be if children believed that kind of crap? ?!?!?!?! (lol!)

So no racism, no 'nazi-ism', less offensive and disgusting than many left wing school programs like the 1619 project or critical race theory, and being enacted by democracy. And that's obvious even in the bbc's attempt to smear them and do everything possible to make them look bad.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So if the segregation is voluntary it is ok? Would that include a white-only dorm? If it is ok for one why not the other? Even if it is voluntary, there is still the implied 'if you are this race you cannot go here'.

Did I say it's okay? No, I didn't.

I said I don't approve.

In fact, I have serious issues with it.

But again, not black, not a student going there.

I know if the Uni here in town did something like that I'd be one of the voices and bodies working against it and demanding another solution for students who feel that they need dorms like this.

But then, our school has students from all over the world and racism is low on the problems scale at the Uni itself (Town on the other hand...)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
But again, not black, not a student going there.
It's amazing how you have NO interest in things that don't affect you when it's not convenient to your argument, but nothing BUT opinions about things that don't effect you when it IS convenient :)

Careful, we wouldn't want you to trip on all that hypocrisy and bruise your ego :)