Wasted year?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
By this time, last year it was obvious that nothing could stop the Obama Juggernaught.

The Messiah obtained the highest office in the land - the world - if not by a landslide, at least, convincingly.

Those who voted for Him, fully expected to have their mortgage payments made by Obama. New car in their driveways, courtesy of Obama. Free healthcare and all the drugs - prescription and/or recreational - provided by Obama.Free college education - even though never EARNED a high school diploma - provided by Obama. Etc., etc., etc.

These are not exaggerations. Videos taken at Obama rallies clearly show that this what air heads expected of Him.

Is the curtain falling and beginning to reveal that there is no Magic of Oz? That the Emperor has no clothes?

So far his accomplishments are totally dwarfed by his utter and total failures.

Has this almost a year been a waste?

Reactions: EagleSmack

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
He has been a tremendous success. Getting the Republicans out of the White House is accomplishment enough.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Those who voted for Him, fully expected to have their mortgage payments made by Obama. New car in their driveways, courtesy of Obama. Free healthcare and all the drugs - prescription and/or recreational - provided by Obama.Free college education - even though never EARNED a high school diploma - provided by Obama. Etc., etc., etc.

These are not exaggerations. Videos taken at Obama rallies clearly show that this what air heads expected of Him.

So are you saying that everyone who voted for him expect this, and that everyone who voted for him is/was an airhead?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
So are you saying that everyone who voted for him expect this, and that everyone who voted for him is/was an airhead?

That would be an awful lot of airheads. Funny that other presidential hopefuls have not tapped the airhead vote before now...;-)

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I think he did well. If it was the other two Gop fatheads there would be three more wars to contend with. Probably two of them would be in the US.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Could some of his admirers please tell me where is he going to send the terrorists presently detained at Gitmo?

The very place He vowed to close within a year?

Too fast, too soon? Foot in the mouth?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"I think he did well. If it was the other two Gop fatheads there would be three more wars to contend with. Probably two of them would be in the US."

Hypotheses will earn you no points, Unforgiven.

Facts do! Obama, at least in the short term wasted all his time. He can't even get all the Democrats on his side.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Could some of his admirers please tell me where is he going to send the terrorists presently detained at Gitmo?

The very place He vowed to close within a year?

Too fast, too soon? Foot in the mouth?

The US has many super max prisons where they already warehouse terrorists, it's not like this bunch differs much.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
A wasted year? First the obvious, he's been the POTUS since January 20th, so it's not even 3/4 of a year yet.

Second, perhaps you should make comparisons against other Presidents terms to evaluate what kinds of things have been done/attempted/in progress by this time. You've not shown that at all.

You'd make a fine opinion editorial writer with such solid facts. :p

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"A wasted year? First the obvious, he's been the POTUS since January 20th, so it's not even 3/4 of a year yet."

No doubt, but as I said in my original post, His popularity by this time last year seemed insurmountable. Turned out, it was.

So His ideas and policies could/should have carried more powefully.

I am not here to make a statement. I am asking for opinions. Have you noticed the question mark at the title of this thread?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
No doubt, but as I said in my original post, His popularity by this time last year seemed insurmountable. Turned out, it was.

So His ideas and policies could/should have carried more powefully.

But he hasn't had a year to make policies, so...yeah...

I am not here to make a statement. I am asking for opinions. Have you noticed the question mark at the title of this thread?

Yes I noticed the question mark. You forget that you asserted:

So far his accomplishments are totally dwarfed by his utter and total failures.

That is a statement. So as I said, you'd make a fine opinion editorial writer.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The US has many super max prisons where they already warehouse terrorists, it's not like this bunch differs much.

Except they are actually charged, then convicted. What to do with a bunch of people you've waterboarded and still can't charge. It isn't easy to falsely convict in a real legal setting.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Except they are actually charged, then convicted. What to do with a bunch of people you've waterboarded and still can't charge. It isn't easy to falsely convict in a real legal setting.

Send them back to Afghanistan and kill them on the battlefield. :smile:

strange

Electoral Member
Jul 16, 2009
Toronto
Yeah he didn't walk into a **** storm. Love how this guy isn't even through a year and our going to jump on him. Bush walked into a billion dollar surplus wasn't that hard for him.