US swimmers made up robbery story

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Somewhat related.

https://sputniknews.com/science/20160917/1045395426/fancy-bears-third-wada-batch.html
The hacking group has released a third batch of documents from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), detailing additional athletes from Europe who have used banned substances.

Earlier this week, the hacking group leaked alleged WADA documents showing that the agency allowed US tennis players Serena and Venus Williams, as well as Olympic gold-winning gymnast Simone Biles and basketball star Elena Delle Donne, to take banned substances for "therapeutic" purposes. On Friday, the hackers released a third database, which includes 11 athletes from five countries, including the United Kingdom, Denmark, Australia, Spain, and Germany.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Was that supposed to be kept a secret?? I thought it was to show that certain countries are 'above the law'.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
who you argueing with
lol

"And then something interesting happened: running in the T12/T13 final for visually impaired athletes, Algeria’s Abdellatif Baka went and beat the gold medal-winning time recorded by America’s Matthew Centrowitz in the Rio Olympic Games.

And it wasn’t just Baka. In fact, the first four finishers in his final beat Centrowitz’s time. For the record it was 3:50.00. Baka recorded 3:48.29, holding off Ethiopia's Tamiru Demisse. His silver medal winning time was 3:48.49. Kenyan Henry Kirwa’s 3:49.59 was good enough for bronze. It probably won’t be of much consolation to Abdellatif’s brother Fouad that his 3.49.84 that left him out of the medals in fourth would have got him gold in the Olympics.
Now four Paralympic athletes beat the Olympic gold medal time, perhaps people will stop telling me I can become one too | The Independent

thats funny sh!t right there

The russians are just exposing the pot calling the kettle black
the us has been awful lippy of late as far as pointing the finger goes
its about time they get some backatcha splattered on them

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Not a problem. Looking back at my posts, I was accidentally a little ambiguous

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Not looking too good for the Olympic officials as being very honest at all.
https://sputniknews.com/sport/20160917/1045413489/wada-leaked-reports-hackers.html
On Friday, the hacking group released a third batch of documents from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), naming additional athletes from Europe who used the banned substances.

The data includes 11 athletes from five countries, including the United Kingdom, Denmark, Australia, Spain and Germany. The 9 athletes who were mentioned in the released documents won medals during the Rio Olympics 2016. In the list, there were four Britons — two gold and two silver medalists, three Australians — one gold medal and two silver medalists. Other athletes who used doping include swimmer from Denmark and Spain, German tennis player and German shooter.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
(in part)
The hacking group Fancy Bears has released a fourth database batch of documents from the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), detailing additional athletes from Europe and the US who have used banned substances. World-famous Rafael Nadal is on the list.
The list includes names of athletes from Argentina, Belgium, Burundi, Canada, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Hungary, Spain and the US.

One of the athletes featured is the American competition swimmer, Connor Jaeger, who specializes in distance freestyle events. He won a Silver medal in the men's 1500 meter freestyle at the 2016 Rio Olympics. The database shows that Jaeger received a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) in 2013 for the use of methylprednisolone and prednisone.

Read more: https://sputniknews.com/science/20160919/1045479310/fancy-bears-athletes-doping.html

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ryan Lochte engaged to Playboy model girlfriend
WENN.com
First posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 03:35 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, October 10, 2016 04:41 PM EDT
Olympian Ryan Lochte is engaged to Playboy model Kayla Rae Reid.
The athlete turned model and reality TV star popped the question on Sunday evening as he and Kayla stood at the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean in Malibu, California.
Sharing a snap on Instagram of him and his new fiancee kissing shortly after she agreed to be his wife, Lochte, 32, wrote: “Memories forever!!!#thelochtes #LA.”
Reid then shared her own picture of the moment, flashing her huge diamond ring as she pulled her husband-to-be in for another smooch.
“Speechless. Absolutely beautiful. So in love with YOU,” she captioned her picture.
It is unclear how long the couple have been dating, as Lochte continued to deny their romance even when Reid travelled out to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to watch him compete in the Olympics there this summer (16).
However, Reid’s support proved much needed during the scandal that overshadowed Lochte’s performance at the Olympics.
During the games, Lochte told U.S. team officials and reporters he and three fellow American swimmers were mugged at gunpoint by thugs dressed as cops in Brazil, prompting a major investigation.
It was later determined Lochte and his teammates were apprehended by security guards at a Rio de Janeiro gas station following an alleged vandalism report.
The six-time gold medalist apologized for telling tall tales, but that wasn’t enough for officials at the U.S. Olympic Committee, who suspended him from competitive swimming for 10 months.
The other three swimmers involved in the Rio incident also received suspensions.
Following the scandal, during which Reid stood by her man, Lochte revealed that the couple had moved in together.
Talking of the support he had received from his loved ones, Lochte told People “especially my girlfriend, because I’m living with her now. She’s definitely just been so supportive.”
Olympian Ryan Lochte is engaged to Playboy model Kayla Rae Reid.(Getty Images)

Ryan Lochte engaged to Playboy model girlfriend | Celebrities | Entertainment |

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So he is living off her, that is his 'plan B'? I hope she has a tight prenup for him to sign. Just a gold-digger, I wonder if Tanya Harding is feww these days>

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Right, no crime maybe.
But really he was guilty of defrauding the people whom he expected to get endorsements from and the sports fan public too.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'll bet that the IOC is none too thrilled either at the possible damage done to their carefully crafted brand ... the nobility of athletes, etc..

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The U.S. Olympic Committee banned him and his buddies from competition for various periods of time.