UN: Global warming 95% likely to be manmade

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com
Geez Boom, I thought you were brighter than that!

Likewise to you... ya Turkey.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
....and this time with the help of mankind. What's are you afraid of??

Unproven

I fear nothing. I just don't feel like giving the government another excuse to taking more money from my pocket.

Its all about money Boomer... that is all.

You are the one posting apocalyptic pictures...stop buying into the fear.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Global warming is not man made. It isn't even happening.

Unfortunately there will always be the gullible who believe everything the liars at the IPCC and the UN tell them.

Wake up people. You are being conned. As soon as the idiots at the UN came on BBC News 24 this morning I turned it over. They aren't conning me.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com
Unproven

I fear nothing. I just don't feel like giving the government another excuse to taking more money from my pocket.

Its all about money Boomer... that is all.

You are the one posting apocalyptic pictures...stop buying into the fear.

Look I don't believe in Carbon Credits or taxing Industry to become more green.. I'm against that..

However governments are addicted to taxes from Gasoline and we need to move forward to more Eco-friendly forms of energy.

I think with technology and innovation the world will move towards green energy because many people are responsible and understand that humans are effecting the climate.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
You'd almost think that a group with '95% certainty' that they would have a solution.

Ultimately, we all know what it is, but I suppose that the UN is testing the waters to see if anyone is listening to them cry wolf yet again.

It's the job of the IPCC to theorize, monitor, model and predict. It's up to the policymakers to develop solutions. Obviously the lines aren't that clean, but in theory that's how it's supposed to work. people not understanding their role in those two camps has been the source of a lot of difficulties.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Look I don't believe in Carbon Credits or taxing Industry.. I'm against that..

You're part of the problem then!

Welcome to the club!

However governments are addicted to taxes from Gasoline and we need to move forward to more Eco-friendly forms of energy.

How are those forms of energy coming? Changed over to any of them in your house?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
We can drill holes 4km deep looking for gas & oil but fail to understand that 2km down there is enough geo-thermal energy to heat & power a town of 40,000.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Do you own one?

I live in Liberal Nimby land. Wind farms are a no-no. The greenies want wind power here but don't want any wind mills. They all want clean energy but not the sacrifices that come with it. They are comfy with simply yapping about "big oil" and pipelines. That is their sacrifice... hot air.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Do you own one?

I live in Liberal Nimby land. Wind farms are a no-no. The greenies want wind power here but don't want any wind mills. They all want clean energy but not the sacrifices that come with it. They are comfy with simply yapping about "big oil" and pipelines. that is their sacrifice... hot air.

Sounds like you got lots of wind there, you should tap into that.:lol:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
x.com
Do you own one?

2011 Nissan Leaf 100% Electric Car

Great for a commute from Calgary to Airdrie for work 25 min each way.

Also, in Canada it feasible.. in Texas where electricity is 3X my Canadian bill.. not so much

I live in Liberal Nimby land. Wind farms are a no-no. The greenies want wind power here but don't want any wind mills. They all want clean energy but not the sacrifices that come with it.

My parents house has geo-thermal, wind and gas. Backup is high efficiency wood burning fireplace.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
2011 Nissan Leaf 100% Electric Car

Great for a commute from Calgary to Airdrie for work 25 min each way.

Also, in Canada it feasible.. in Texas where electricity is 3X my Canadian bill.. not so much

You don't have one? Money should not be an object Boomer. The planet is dying and sacrifices need to be made. That means YOU.

My parents house has geo-thermal, wind and gas. Backup is high efficiency wood burning fireplace.

Good for mom & dad. What about you?