Tyre Nichols

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you had to wait 5 years to get a mechanic and they were the only one available, i doubt you'd even bother to look. You'll take what you can get. For many in most provinces that's the way it is with doctors. So nobody is looking up recommendations at that point.

To your point tho, sure if there's a bunch of businesses around you might well see if you can find which one has the best prices or the like. But ... police aren't a 'business'. Are they.

Further, you're talking about firing individual police, not choosing which police force to deal with based on google reviews.

And that's what we were discussing. So while i appreciate your desire to sidestep the issue by trying to change the channel, i'm afraid it's still grossly unworkable to hire and fire police based on public opinion polls. You would have to find another way to address the issue.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
5 years? On what planet?

Sorry sparky - all those links lead to upwards of a 5 year wait for most people. New doctors are not easy to come by.

You're getting to that point again where you've realized your initial claim that we should rate police officers and review their ratings every 4 months and fire them if their rating is poor is a very very very silly idea, and now you're just throwing nonsense out there desperately to see if something can stick.

Lets just recap and we'll leave it there

1 - firing police based on their popularity with criminals is not smart.
2 - We don't fire doctors based on their reviews.
3 - Yes people might choose one business over another based on reviews, but police officers aren't a business and you don't go 'shopping' for which police officer you want to get arrested by.
4 - sadly it can take upwards of 5 years to find a gp in BC. So when you get one, you're probably going to take them regardless.
5 - Bonus: Your own link posts WHY THIS DOESN"T WORK. "But encounters with the police are fundamentally different experiences than going out for dinner at a new restaurant."

So you're continuing your trend of posting crap without reading it and proving my point for me. Thanks, i guess.

It's just a bad idea. We can't hold cops to account by having a public rating system for cops and firing the ones with poor ratings. It just doesn't work like that in the real world.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sorry sparky - all those links lead to upwards of a 5 year wait for most people. New doctors are not easy to come by.

You're getting to that point again where you've realized your initial claim that we should rate police officers and review their ratings every 4 months and fire them if their rating is poor is a very very very silly idea, and now you're just throwing nonsense out there desperately to see if something can stick.

Lets just recap and we'll leave it there

1 - firing police based on their popularity with criminals is not smart.
2 - We don't fire doctors based on their reviews.
3 - Yes people might choose one business over another based on reviews, but police officers aren't a business and you don't go 'shopping' for which police officer you want to get arrested by.
4 - sadly it can take upwards of 5 years to find a gp in BC. So when you get one, you're probably going to take them regardless.
5 - Bonus: Your own link posts WHY THIS DOESN"T WORK. "But encounters with the police are fundamentally different experiences than going out for dinner at a new restaurant."

So you're continuing your trend of posting crap without reading it and proving my point for me. Thanks, i guess.

It's just a bad idea. We can't hold cops to account by having a public rating system for cops and firing the ones with poor ratings. It just doesn't work like that in the real world.
You just can't admit you're wrong. As I said before, this isn't a contest?

PS ever heard of brevity?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
You're right - i should just ban people when i'm losing an argument.
I’m right you are incorrect. Or is that wrong , maybe completely idiotic and down right stupid but hay ! That is just me .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I’m right you are incorrect. Or is that wrong , maybe completely idiotic and down right stupid but hay ! That is just me .
Wow - THAT wasn't incoherent at all. two heavy drinkers on the board tonite it would seem :) Riding to the rescue of your.... er .... friend i see

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Im not but your type which indicates you do have a male type. What type? Flannel and coveralls? Track suit gopniks? Biker? Whiny Chinaman? Drag queen?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Im not but your type which indicates you do have a male type.
that's silly. I would hope i'm not your type either - are you saying YOU'RE attracted to men?
What type? Flannel and coveralls? Track suit gopniks? Biker? Whiny Chinaman? Drag queen?
Wow you are WAAAAY too into that stuff. I guess you spend a fair bit of time thinking about it. Not that there's anything wrong with that, we're not here to judge you.