Two years into the Trudeau 2.0 Minority Term, which day will Justin call the election that only he wants?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm assuming it'll coming in two weeks or less based upon the expiry of the CERB program in October & the quick settlement of the CBSA "Job Action" & the Billions upon Billions of our tax$$'s given or promised away by Justin Hood & the Merry Liberal Party even just recently. The other Federal Parties & all of us Canadians have to prepare for Justin's ego & indifference to this pending but unannounced Federal Election before the Delta Variant gets more than the toe-hold it currently has, and with CERB expiring in October....we can count backwards 36-50 days from that point to the announcement so the clock is ticking. Millions of Golf Pencil's have been purchased. Justin Shaved for Christ's Sake!!

Wish I could remember how to create a Poll so we could pick dates in the next two weeks but such is life. I'm going with Friday 08/21/21 'cuz that's my birthday. Anyone else with a prediction date (& the logic behind the guess)?

• Sad
Reactions: Twin_Moose

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm assuming it'll coming in two weeks or less based upon the expiry of the CERB program in October & the quick settlement of the CBSA "Job Action" & the Billions upon Billions of our tax$$'s given or promised away by Justin Hood & the Merry Liberal Party even just recently. The other Federal Parties & all of us Canadians have to prepare for Justin's ego & indifference to this pending but unannounced Federal Election before the Delta Variant gets more than the toe-hold it currently has, and with CERB expiring in October....we can count backwards 36-50 days from that point to the announcement so the clock is ticking. Millions of Golf Pencil's have been purchased. Justin Shaved for Christ's Sake!!

Wish I could remember how to create a Poll so we could pick dates in the next two weeks but such is life. I'm going with Friday 08/21/21 'cuz that's my birthday. Anyone else with a prediction date (& the logic behind the guess)?
I'll guess 08/20/21 so it won't get lost among other weekend news. Whatever the date he's going to lose ....................just too dishonest and arrogant for my taste!

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
A lot of people did vote for Justin & The Lib's the last time (not as many as voted for the Conservatives but that's a different story). Not enough to give him a Majority, & less than voted for him in 2015, but still a lot....even with all the ethics violations and Blackface & so on & so forth somehow.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I just had an interesting conversation about this thread with someone on my doorstep. His best guess is Sunday (I'm assuming 08/15/21) for the announcement & that the election will be much closer to 36 days instead of 50 days from that point....so about the 3rd or early in the 4th week of September.
Nope first thing Monday morning with all the usual media preaching far and wide .
In this case a Sunday (the 15th) is like a Monday with a bonus Ego day. 36 days in puts the next Federal Election that only Justin wants on about Sept 20th or 21st or maybe a day or two after that....He's basing his guess on Trudeau's return from another vacation & some scheduled "Private Meetings"...etc....& I'm curious how accurate this might turn out to be.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
Trudeau will win again...because he's just SO DAMNED DREAMY-LOOKING!!
Noticing many of the recent photos in the news are from some time ago. One of the problems with putting too much stock in beauty is dealing with the fallout.

Check the hair line on his bro Alexandre or P.E.T. himself. Odd.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Huh, I guess it IS true when they say pets resemble their owners. Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to Socks "Blackface" McGroper's cat.

1628742482110.png

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I just had an interesting conversation about this thread with someone on my doorstep. His best guess is Sunday (I'm assuming 08/15/21) for the announcement & that the election will be much closer to 36 days instead of 50 days from that point....so about the 3rd or early in the 4th week of September.

In this case a Sunday (the 15th) is like a Monday with a bonus Ego day. 36 days in puts the next Federal Election that only Justin wants on about Sept 20th or 21st or maybe a day or two after that....He's basing his guess on Trudeau's return from another vacation & some scheduled "Private Meetings"...etc....& I'm curious how accurate this might turn out to be.
Well..... http://www.cjme.com/2021/08/12/federal-election-likely-on-sept-20-reuters-sources/

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is expected to trigger an election on Sunday by asking Gov. Gen. Mary Simon to dissolve Parliament even though Canada’s top doctor says the country is now in the grips of a fourth wave of COVID-19.

A senior Liberal Party of Canada source, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss matters not public, confirmed Thursday the prime minister’s plan to visit Simon, with the election expected to take place on Sept. 20.

The confirmation followed months of speculation that Trudeau would send Canadians to the polls two years after the last election, in which he was only able to secure a minority government. The real question had been when, rather than if, the prime minister would pull the trigger given the unpredictable nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, which chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam warned Thursday is again on the upswing. The rest of this story at the above LINK, etc.....

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Well..... http://www.cjme.com/2021/08/12/federal-election-likely-on-sept-20-reuters-sources/

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is expected to trigger an election on Sunday by asking Gov. Gen. Mary Simon to dissolve Parliament even though Canada’s top doctor says the country is now in the grips of a fourth wave of COVID-19.

A senior Liberal Party of Canada source, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss matters not public, confirmed Thursday the prime minister’s plan to visit Simon, with the election expected to take place on Sept. 20.

The confirmation followed months of speculation that Trudeau would send Canadians to the polls two years after the last election, in which he was only able to secure a minority government. The real question had been when, rather than if, the prime minister would pull the trigger given the unpredictable nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, which chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam warned Thursday is again on the upswing. The rest of this story at the above LINK, etc.....
Mail in those ballots

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Mail in those ballots
Hey, priorities man. We know what's important to Socks "Blackface" McGroper. It's the idiots who vote for him that don't get it. Or else they're mindless drones simply propping up their ideology because that's what good ideologues do. Who knew there were that many people in Canada who genuinely hate living here. I mean you'd have to hate this country to vote for an asshole who has publicly demonstrated his utter disdain for any part of Canada that isn't Quebec.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The word from every sage source, from within the cavernous atrium of CBC Toronto to the tom-toms of the Twitter undergrowth, even unto the seers in the nation’s political science departments where wisdom has her own happy seat, is that this fractious, cantankerous, debt-drowned and perplexed country of ours is to have an election. http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...nneth-over-why-else-would-we-have-an-election

They tell us it is to be called on Sunday. Normally a day of prayer and worship, but when there’s a writ to be issued, cancel the Sunday bulletins, forget the rash of church burnings, and the turmoil of lockdowns and business collapses — hey, it’s late summer: let’s go to the polls.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, so all the auspices agree, has made up his mighty mind. And when that cranium has made a choice it is but for us to signify assent. Should it be agreeable to him, how could it not be to us?

There are two full years left in the current Liberal mandate. And as we all know, Jagmeet Singh’s NDP has been the obliging handmaiden to the Liberal party since the last tryst at the polls. The companionship between Mr. Singh and Mr. Trudeau has been, politically, almost matrimonial.

So, odd as it may sound, some people are asking why we’re having an election so soon. But those who ask that question are so admirably innocent as to be an endangered species.

There is but one reason, and one reason only, why we will have an election called this Sunday. Because it suits the mood and aligns with the political calculations of the prime minister. Mr. Trudeau, as befits such a momentous choice, ascended the high reaches of the Peace Tower, looked out across the land and saw that it was good.

“Verily, I see Canada, from East, West and North, looking towards me and saying as with one voice — Mr. Trudeau, we yearn for an early chance, yea, though there be a pandemic, to renew our faith in you. Of Singhs and O’Tooles we have no concern. Can you not, two years in advance of the full mandate, reopen the polls?

“May we not, mere servitors of your vision to build back better, have the honour, both the jabbed and the unjabbed among us, to trek to our polling stations, and again, prematurely as it may be, invest you with a full and great majority as justified by your many triumphs over these past two years?

“We, the great swathe of Canadians, are athirst with the desire to say ‘thank you’ at the earliest possible opportunity, if not earlier.

“Who, but you, has put such colour in our lives? May we put it this way: You ‘de-Harperized us.’ Thank you, PM. Between desk yoga and daring socks you have made us better Canadians.

“We remember India. Any ordinary prime minister would have gone to that psychedelic subcontinent swathed in grey and blue, as a dull tourist. You, Mr. Trudeau, arrived like the fabled Assyrian of Byron’s poem, in ‘purple and gold,’ resplendent in the dress of the people you were honouring by your visit. All the world, and Vogue, shouted OMG! And Awesome!

“We Canadian voters have not forgotten that — the panache, the sensitivity, the infallible sense of daring that found its moment. Here’s the metric for that tour: Stephen Harper would have gone to India in a suit and held … meetings.

“Then there was COVID. A mere plague, we know. A pandemic, if you must make a fuss about it. You measured it and knew the best things to do.

“Lesser leaders would have left Parliament open, continued the mayhem and embarrassment of question period. And allowed dreadful, annoying committees to unnecessarily ‘probe’ (their word) into the operations of our friends Craig and Marc Kielburger of WE Charity, or the SNC-Lavalin affair.

“The WE brothers, as everyone knows, were just two kids, with close connections to your nearest and dearest, trying to save Kenya and build a little real estate empire. To toss a billion dollars to them to distribute to young Canadians was merely a Christian thing to do.

“A true leader, you made sure that the WE boys and your whole family were left mainly untroubled by the rowdy, impolite inquisitions of your opponents. You stymied your critics and smacked the Globe and Mail as a falsifier. A shut Parliament is an efficient Parliament.

“The finance committees were filibustered or shut down, and documents withheld from the frigid gaze of the forensic MP Pierre Poilievre. Speaking of this gentleman, we think most of Canada would agree that a chance to earn a Pierre Poilievre-free Parliament is, in itself, enough to justify dropping a dozen writs.

“There is more. Your splendid orations on the steps of Rideau Cottage, those exemplary performances under the circus Tent of Commons will earn a special place in the records of Hansard. There will be gilded pages to mark your towering eloquence while flooding out those early morning sweeps of cash and grants.

“One man, alone, coming daily down the steps of the cottage to drown the entire federation in vast, unimaginable billows of loot. These were great leadership moments. John A. Macdonald was a piker in comparison. He only founded a country. You just dropped a vowel, and funded a country.

“Quebec you made, by Parliamentary motion, a nation. Such a generous Confederal gesture. And the approval of that very distinct province as unilingual has to stand as a magnificent buttress to every French immersion class in the rest of that ‘other’ nation — the bit left over from Quebec.

“You genuflected to Joe Biden’s first-day guillotine of the Keystone pipeline. Proudly for us, you hardly raised a whimper.

“And this of all your achievements is the most exemplary: not only standing up to, but shutting down the oil barons of Alberta. “No pipelines for you.” That was your clarion call to that Alberta crowd, who are not really Canadians in any full sense anyhow. At least judging from federal policies under your government.

“And besides, Alberta is not an independent nation, not like some unilingual dominion to the east. (Though this may be an unspeakable fly in the national ointment, the day is not long off when it may wish to be.)

“Thanks also for Muskrat Falls and the billions of dollars sent down home. Five Liberal backbenchers and the Cabinet’s No. 1 nomad, Seamus O’Regan, will never find thanks enough for the gift.

“Only two years in, we are suffused with admiration for your magnificent handling of every emergency. Such deftness and finesse is within your gift.

“Has there been a bit of political carpentry so exquisite as the sawing off of Jody Wilson-Raybould from her justice portfolio? So neat, so clean. Not every male-feminist-woke prime minister, pledged to the restoration of Aboriginal dignity and presence, could manage that with your aplomb. At her excision there was hardly a tear from the diversity-is-my-strength prime ministerial eye. Such self-control.

“So bring on the election prime minister. We are all lined up to applaud. There cannot be a majority large enough to acknowledge the wisdom and skill of the past two years. If it were permissible we should import people to swell the numbers.” This election, if we should have it, will be an effulgence of the greatest vanity the nation has ever seen.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
If the campaign kicks off this Sunday, with an election day on Sept. 20, the 2021 federal election would be 36 days in length, the shortest possible permitted under elections law. Triggering the election means that Canadians would be in for at least five weeks of campaigning, seeing the federal party leaders crisscrossing the country and pitching themselves, their candidates, and their platforms, under ongoing COVID-19 public health restrictions. http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/pm-t...-federal-election-on-sunday-sources-1.5544491
The shortest time to avoid further scandals coming to light, & the shortest time to have his record of ridiculousness pointed out. In his anticipated post-election call remarks from outside Rideau Hall on Sunday, Trudeau will have to explain to the electorate why he felt it was necessary to put the country into an election now, while reopening and vaccination efforts are still underway.

The news was first reported by Reuters, and came just as Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Theresa Tam held a press conference announcing that the country has now entered a fourth wave of the pandemic, driven by the Delta variant and mostly impacting the unvaccinated. Jetting off across the country over the last few weeks and resuming in-person announcements, Trudeau deflected suggestions that he was conducting a pre-campaign test run, or eyeing a visit to Rideau Hall. Though, he has spoken repeatedly about how in his mind Parliament has become “toxic” and unworkable due to opposition obstruction, claims the other parties have rebuked given the Liberals were still able to pass key bills and maintain the confidence of the House of Commons.

"My biggest concern right now is the potential fourth wave of COVID-19," O'Toole said earlier this week. "We shouldn't be rushing to an election. Mr. Trudeau always seems to put his own self-interest ahead of the interest of Canadians." http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/election-call-trudeau-1.6138794 Liberals acknowledge a call for an election now would be a gamble, given that recent opinion polls suggest the party is not yet guaranteed a majority and the risk of a fourth wave of COVID. http://globalnews.ca/news/8106717/justin-trudeau-call-canada-election/ Constitutional experts say Simon will agree to the request, though infectious disease experts have raised questions about the timing of any potential campaign amid the fourth wave of the COVID-9 pandemic.

The Liberal government does not need a new mandate. The old one, as expressed just months ago in the throne speech and budget, is supported by a majority of MPs in the minority Parliament. http://www.thestar.com/opinion/cont...us-expected-election-call-could-backfire.html Certainly, the government’s minority status has not prevented it from taking bold action against the coronavirus. Nor has it stopped the government from introducing one of the most significant new social programs in decades — a national child-care system. With the support of the New Democrats and the Bloc Québécois, the Liberal minority government has spent billions. It’s not clear that a majority Liberal government would have done more. In fact, it might well have done less.

After Trudeau gets Gov. Gen. Mary Simon’s approval to dissolve Parliament and his minority government, he must present voters with good reasons to vote during a fourth wave in order to secure a majority, said Darrell Bricker, CEO of Ipsos Public Affairs. http://globalnews.ca/news/8110460/federal-election-majority-government-trudeau-canada/So how the prime minister announces this election, what the motivation is for going to the people to seek another mandate will be incredibly important in terms of setting people’s desire to show up and vote on the day that he picks for the election,” he said. “This is the best chance since 2015 that they have to actually get a majority again, so you can see what the motivation is.” A spokesperson for Elections Canada told Global News in an email the next federal election is expected to cost $610 million, which is $108 million more than the last federal election (Just 2 years ago), which cost $502 million.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is planning to call an election on Sunday, sources told Reuters. The first thing you should ask is: Is this about you, or is it about him? And the answer is simple: It’s all about him. http://nationalpost.com/opinion/kel...in-trudeau-stuffed-up-with-his-own-importance Other than the prime minister’s desire to win a majority and retain his job for another four years, what reason is there to spend another $500 million, the cost of the election held just two years ago, on a campaign that will divert the government for weeks from the fight against COVID-19, by far the most pressing task facing the country today?

It’s not as if the Trudeau Liberals lack the powers they need to carry out the major tasks they face. Although in a minority position they are in no danger of defeat. Indeed, the government’s sense it faces a weak opposition is a big reason they’re raring to test their luck. While the pandemic may have shaken the country to its core, from a political point of view the government has had it easy. Normal activities in parliament were sharply reduced or closed down, while opposition leaders had their voices largely muffled and their access to public awareness curtailed. While they stewed in lockdown the prime minister could pad down the steps of his Parliamentary Cottage at his leisure and offer reassuring bromides with little fear of contradiction or challenge. Who was going to challenge him? Certainly not the CBC.