Two years into the Trudeau 2.0 Minority Term, which day will Justin call the election that only he wants?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
We are fighting the odds clinging to past glories and dreams of a coast to coast unified nation. Yugoslavia is now broken into seven separate countries. Doesn't mean you can't get along with your neighbour or allow for regional interests and priorities.

Canada needs to do the same thing imo. Most Canadians have never been coast to coast. I am included in that number.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
We are fighting the odds clinging to past glories and dreams of a coast to coast unified nation. Yugoslavia is now broken into seven separate countries. Doesn't mean you can't get along with your neighbour or allow for regional interests and priorities.

Canada needs to do the same thing imo. Most Canadians have never been coast to coast. I am included in that number.
I made it as far east as Winterpeg once. That was a long unenjoyable train ride.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
On that note, the amalgamation of polls is out:
1720410916039.jpeg
Somehow…after this week, Trudeau ignores his party’s request for in person caucus, days of non-answers to media & his own party & Canadians as a whole…the Liberal/NDP’s go up marginally? Really?
1720411078053.jpeg
1720411100260.jpeg
1720411117766.jpeg
1720411137057.jpeg
1720411153109.jpeg
Weirdness. Complete weirdness. Oh well…

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I made it as far east as Winterpeg once. That was a long unenjoyable train ride.
Took a bridge from Ottawa into Quebec about five vehicles pulled over on the bridge . Got to the other side saw more cars pulled over , turned around and went back .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
So what happens when NATO goes to war in the few days or weeks?

100,000 fully equipped troops with full air support currently haning out in Poland arent there for a weiner roast. What do people think the emergency NATO meeting Trudeau attended was all aboot? Photo opp?

Wakie wakie, hands off snakie. Its time to wake up.

Well, NATO hasn’t gone to war yet, but it is meeting this week…
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is in Washington, D.C. to mark the 75th anniversary of the formation of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, but it’s a domestic focus on trade that is dominating his schedule on the first day of his visit, BUT…
Etc….

Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well, NATO hasn’t gone to war yet, but it is meeting this week…
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is in Washington, D.C. to mark the 75th anniversary of the formation of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, but it’s a domestic focus on trade that is dominating his schedule on the first day of his visit, BUT…
Etc….
Decision was made ages ago. Theyve been building up arms and troops for months and slowly walking us to reality of an all out war.

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Decision was made ages ago. Theyve been building up arms and troops for months and slowly walking us to reality of an all out war.
Maybe we can use some of our new immigrants as cannon fodder . They sure seem to like fire arms .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
View attachment 22862
View attachment 22863
“Hello Colleagues, As most of you may know I (Ottawa-area Liberal MP Chandra Arya) am not a member of PMJT Super Fans Club. In my view PMJT has taken the party and the government too far left of centre,” he said, using the acronym for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
View attachment 22865
View attachment 22864
“This was a race the Liberal Party of Canada should not have lost (???). Our government has a strong legacy of achievement since 2015. The Liberal brand and our values resonate with Canadians,” (???) states the letter penned by Calgary MP George Chahal, who did not respond to a request for comment Sunday.
View attachment 22866
The letter said many Canadians who have backed the Liberal Party are no longer supportive and have tuned out. It also said the voters in the Toronto by-election sent a clear message.

“If we claim to be listening, then our public responses are disconnected from reality,” it said.
I think I might hear a bus backing up…’cuz it’s 2015-ish…is it this one?
1720705609688.jpeg
Nope, that one already happened, but maybe it’s this one?:
1720705639800.jpeg
nope, that one already happened, but maybe it’s this one?:
1720705678236.jpeg
nope, that one already happened, but maybe it’s this one?:
1720705721487.jpeg
Maybe? But I honestly thought it would be Amira Elghawaby first. Maybe it will? Maybe it won’t?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
under the bus should be the liberal theme song .
Because…it’s 2015-ish…For political staffers who worked for former finance minister Bill Morneau when he resigned in 2020, Thursday morning must have felt like Groundhog Day.
1720760228402.jpeg
“Tension rises between Freeland, PMO over economic messaging, low approval ratings,” read a Globe and Mail headline splashed over the newspaper’s website Thursday.

The story quoted unidentified Liberal sources stating that the relationship between the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) and Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland is “tense” because she has been “ineffective” at selling the Liberals’ (lack of) economic policies. In a statement, PMO spokesperson Ann-Clara Vaillancourt said the Globe’s assertions “are not accurate.”
1720760334126.jpeg
On Parliament Hill, on social media and in private messages and political chatrooms, many highlighted the uncanny resemblance between that headline and article to one, by the same reporter, published nearly four years ago in August 2020: “Finance Minister Bill Morneau’s job could be in jeopardy after clashes with Prime Minister, sources say.”

That story created a ripple effect leading to Morneau’s resignation just days later, as finance minister and Liberal MP.

“The leaks and planted stories had poisoned the atmosphere to the point where there were few, if any, alternatives available beyond submitting my resignation,” Morneau wrote in his 2023 book Where To From Here.
1720760407248.jpeg
In an interview, Morneau’s former deputy chief of staff Sharan Kaur said that what she saw in the article Thursday morning was the beginning of the same “playbook” that led to her ex-boss’s frustrated resignation four years ago.

“This is exactly what happened before. It’s just very unprofessional,” she said. “The real issue is that the PM is polling at an all-time low, his popularity is low” and he isn’t changing things “top to bottom” at the Prime Minister’s Office, she added.

The question is whether the prime minister’s inner circle is moving against Freeland the way it did against Morneau.

As they say in financial circles, past performance is no guarantee of future results.