Trump going on a naval spending spree?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
And you are a stupid troll. Go back to sorting beer cans.

So how do you propose we pay for it taxslave? tax-and-spend or borrow-and-spend. I'd choose tax-and-spend because I'm fiscally conservative, but I'd rather not spend if we can avoid it. So, what bogey man need we defend ourselves against?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The ship building program was announced several years ago but so far not much has come of it. WHere did trudOWE squander the money?

It is entirely possible that that is true. It does nothing to refute what I said. The US is headed for massive deficits and Trumpites act like children at a candy store.

THe US has already had 8 long years of massive deficits.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yeah Boyeeee!

I think we have room for a few more!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Instead of sending money to third world countries we need to spend it on our own country. If we wish to retain our sovereignty over the arctic we must have the means of protecting it.

Or how about we just pay our debt and worry about our financial sovereignty? A military funded by credit can only go so far before it runs out of steam. The best army won't go far without fuel and salaries being paid on time.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Or how about we just pay our debt and worry about our financial sovereignty? A military funded by credit can only go so far before it runs out of steam. The best army won't go far without fuel and salaries being paid on time.

Trumpites don't care about such things.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Whose credit card should we charge it to?

The feckin' cheapskate Canadians who would rather see their naval airmen die in sixty year old helicopters than re-equip them every two or three generations or so. For shame! You know who you are! You elected Chretien, ya cynical bastwards!

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Here I thought he was buying bling for his belly button. Belly Button Bling... has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We need lots of equipment. We also have a massive deficit

We will be told, quite soon, to pull our weight rather than relying on our allies to run up their deficits while defending us. Grown up countries defend themselves. Colonies wait for someone else to protect them.