Trudeau Liberals surge ahead over Conservatives

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Harper was ahead in the polls the day before the election too. Also, voters seem to disregard the gaffes, the misleading tactics, the lies and the cronyism if the other leaders are deemed not suitable to be the PM. Personality has a lot to do with picking a leader and Trudeau seems to have oodles of personality compared to O'Toole...as polls indicate.
How's it going Hoid? Get your 2 shots yet?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
How's it going Hoid? Get your 2 shots yet?
The Cool Kids are doing the Third Shot thing at this point before the USA announces their Booster program in about 3 weeks, & the children are back in the Petri Dish school system for a couple of weeks, and the election happens, and the weather gets colder so more time indoors, and the numbers from the Delta Variant become too unruly….’cuz it takes a few weeks to reach peak immunity.

Pete_Coach

Time Out
Feb 19, 2020
The Cool Kids are doing the Third Shot thing at this point before the USA announces their Booster program in about 3 weeks, & the children are back in the Petri Dish school system for a couple of weeks, and the election happens, and the weather gets colder so more time indoors, and the numbers from the Delta Variant become too unruly….’cuz it takes a few weeks to reach peak immunity.
"How's it going Hoid? Get your 2 shots yet?" means all that? LOL Oh and yeah, got 2 shot.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Harper was ahead in the polls the day before the election too. Also, voters seem to disregard the gaffes, the misleading tactics, the lies and the cronyism if the other leaders are deemed not suitable to be the PM. Personality has a lot to do with picking a leader and Trudeau seems to have oodles of personality compared to O'Toole...as polls indicate.
If lying sack of shit counts as a personality.

Pete_Coach

Time Out
Feb 19, 2020
If lying sack of shit counts as a personality.
I agree but, thing is, he is attracting young people. Last time it was with legalization of marijuana and this time it is extension of CERB. Justins track record of contarversy does not register with ypung folks, only what they are promised to get....and then they don't even know election promises are fairy tales.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I agree but, thing is, he is attracting young people. Last time it was with legalization of marijuana and this time it is extension of CERB. Justins track record of contarversy does not register with ypung folks, only what they are promised to get....and then they don't even know election promises are fairy tales.
Dividing a nation is never a sustainable plan, the curtain is always lifted to expose the Wizard of Oz

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Some truth in that. I know that even places that pay comparatively well can't get help because the kiddies are busy playing video games on our money. Best case scenario they are also too lazy to go out and vote. My granddaughter is now 16 and when I explained to her that she, and probably her kids will still be paying for all this free money she was none to pleased. Might also depend on where you are. Seems like on the wet coast the kids are more inclined to support dippers or greenies than Liberals.Either way, most of them are looking for a free ride just like so many of their parrents.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Since when have polls ever been correct in the past? No one knows until the last vote has been counted. I don't like the mail-in option - people need to care enough about their country to vote in person. There is no excuse not to do so anymore.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

John Ivison: These are the people that are so angry at Justin Trudeau

The loathing for Trudeau extends beyond the frothing conspiracy theorists. These are complicated issues around personal freedoms - something he has glossed over

Author of the article:
Michael Higgins
Publishing date:
Aug 30, 2021 • 16 hours ago • 5 minute read

Reactions: Mowich

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Since when have polls ever been correct in the past? No one knows until the last vote has been counted. I don't like the mail-in option - people need to care enough about their country to vote in person. There is no excuse not to do so anymore.

There's no need to vote in person if you can mail in especially if you can't go vote in person.

That said I vote in person but thankfully waits around here even for Fed elections aren't that long.

I just haven't decided who to vote for yet.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I always make my decision on the walk to the polling booth. I sometimes have an idea but I use that last walk to clear my head and ponder and make the choice.

I normally am the same but these past few elections there's no one to choose from. Leadership aside, locally there's no one. Our Liberal candidate isn't really seen in my area (he has had medical issues but that's not part of his job so...) and I've never even heard of his opponents. Hell, there aren't any SIGNS up as of a day ago that I've seen.

At least provincially our MLA is a workhorse and talks to us, listens to us and engages constantly. I get it's easier with provincial vs. federal but still...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I normally am the same but these past few elections there's no one to choose from. Leadership aside, locally there's no one. Our Liberal candidate isn't really seen in my area (he has had medical issues but that's not part of his job so...) and I've never even heard of his opponents. Hell, there aren't any SIGNS up as of a day ago that I've seen.

At least provincially our MLA is a workhorse and talks to us, listens to us and engages constantly. I get it's easier with provincial vs. federal but still...
Our current MP is unlikely to get my vote. The only time we hear from him is during an election call. Last election I emailed all the candidates on behalf of me and my son (his first election) and we got to do a phone call/interview with one and the other actually came to visit our house. The MP arranged a time but never showed up (it was a call as well). Tried rescheduling once but again a no-show. Then no more responses.

The last provincial election I voted NDP because I did not like the local Conservative candidate and would not vote for Katherine Wyne's Liberals here if my life depended on it although the local candidate was good. She actually got in (one of the 6). The Conservative lost by under 100 votes. I am thinking they could have won if they had a better candidate.

Usually I vote for the party unless the local candidate is a slimeball. If he/she is, then I vote for the least objectionable alternative.

Reactions: Twin_Moose