harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
I think people can choose to celebrate whatever cause on whatever day they like.

No one is forced to celebrate it with them if they don't want to or they can join in if they wish.

We're living a time time when everyone has to feel special I guess.

Reactions: Mowich

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I think people can choose to celebrate whatever cause on whatever day they like.

No one is forced to celebrate it with them if they don't want to or they can join in if they wish.

Well I can see this new site is going to take some getting used to. LOL Sorry about the double quote, Shadow - I was trying to quote each line. I agree with your comments in total. I would add though that when someone chooses not to attend these parades, they should not be 'shamed' for their decision.

Reactions: TheShadow

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
They have days for everything. Just for a lark a typed in "Asparagus Day" into google.

May 24th. May is asparagus month by the way.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Well I can see this new site is going to take some getting used to. LOL Sorry about the double quote, Shadow - I was trying to quote each line. I agree with your comments in total. I would add though that when someone chooses not to attend these parades, they should not be 'shamed' for their decision.

Yes, the shaming has to stop. It's an attempt at social control by those who want power as professional victims in my opinion.

If people want to celebrate something, they can. Anyone can celebrate anything at any time. But you cannot force others to join in.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
They have days for everything. Just for a lark a typed in "Asparagus Day" into google.

May 24th. May is asparagus month by the way.
August 5th is national oyster day!

I love it!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
No one is "forced" to remember Trans people, it's not like it's a stat holiday or something.

But for Trans people and Trans allies, it's a day to reflect back on the people that have died during the past year just because other people are obsessed with what's in the underwear of people.

If the idea of the day offends you - just ignore it, it's not a day for you anyway.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Tomorrow is World Television Day and World Hello Day.

To participate in World Hello Day, you have to greet 10 people.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario

Yeah, that's fine. They can do what they wish, just don't expect the rest of us to foot the bill like we do for the pride parades. They are given a large chunk of taxpayer money to put that on, whereas parades like the Santa Claus parade must beg for corperate sponsorship. That's the rub with me.

TheShadow

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2020
Grand Bend
Yeah, that's fine. They can do what they wish, just don't expect the rest of us to foot the bill like we do for the pride parades. They are given a large chunk of taxpayer money to put that on, whereas parades like the Santa Claus parade must beg for corperate sponsorship. That's the rub with me.
I don't think we should be paying for any parades.