There is Freedom

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"Today we are told that the Bible is an evil book and the God of the Bible an evil, bigoted, petty tyrant. Such tyrants deserve our scorn. That is that attitude aflame in many American hearts today.

In sharp contrast, Samuel Adams, one of the leaders of the American Revolution, stated that the rights of the colonists 'may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institutes of the great Law-giver and head of the Christian Church [Jesus], which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament.'

Because of that, Adams could say, 'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.

While the people are virtuous they can not be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or eternal invader."

Read more at Ramming The Ten Commandments: A Prophetic Picture Of America

The apostle Paul was at one time enslaved by religiosity. He explains his Liberation this way:

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV)

Are you free?

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
"Today we are told that the Bible is an evil book and the God of the Bible an evil, bigoted, petty tyrant. Such tyrants deserve our scorn. That is that attitude aflame in many American hearts today.

In sharp contrast, Samuel Adams, one of the leaders of the American Revolution, stated that the rights of the colonists 'may be best understood by reading and carefully studying the institutes of the great Law-giver and head of the Christian Church [Jesus], which are to be found clearly written and promulgated in the New Testament.'

Because of that, Adams could say, 'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy.

While the people are virtuous they can not be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or eternal invader."

Read more at Ramming The Ten Commandments: A Prophetic Picture Of America

The apostle Paul was at one time enslaved by religiosity. He explains his Liberation this way:

"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Corinthians 3:17 NIV)

Are you free?
Free from What ?..Motar.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, 'If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” ( John 8:31-32 NIV)

Are you free?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8:36 NIV)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
"Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, 'These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.' She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, 'In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!' At that moment the spirit left her." (Acts 16:16-18 NIV)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
What about Catholic children who commit suicide because they were raped by a priest?
( we have had several here in my community - residential schools take a huge toll)
No heaven for them eh?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
What about Catholic children who commit suicide because they were raped by a priest?
( we have had several here in my community - residential schools take a huge toll)
No heaven for them eh?

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14 NIV)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
"Words which do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness." - Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa liked the dark. She liked for people to suffer so they can "know" christ. Her quotes serve the opposite of what you may have intended

"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." (John 8:36 NIV)

so,until then you are a slave to the son?

"Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, 'These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.' She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so annoyed that he turned around and said to the spirit, 'In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!' At that moment the spirit left her." (Acts 16:16-18 NIV)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

so the slave wondered around shouting out about the goodness of these men until one of them became annoyed and yelled at her at which time the spirit god sent to her to shout about decided to do as it was told by a human? why would a spirit do such a thing?

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19:14 NIV)

Who've going to hinder them once they're dead and on their way to 'heaven"?

Aside: why did the church put aside the old testament in favour of the new? from the sounds of it god was a horrid thing to man. Responsible for more deaths then satan himself. But Jesus, seemed to have saved god, not man from his jealousy, vengefulness and mysogny. So, even though Jesus didn't really die, he;s suppose to have saved us from the sin that god gave us? but we're still not saved cause we have to ask god/jesus for it and then when he says so, we're free? free from what? free to do what? free to do as we're told.

Honestly, the whole religious experience sounds like the worst type of circular arguments that don't seek truth and understanding, just compliance and acceptance of what it, what will be and what others willing do to you.