There Goes America

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Wow, the guy can't even support gay rights his way, without the self righteous attacking him, lol.

I don't imply anything about gay people, mainly because I don't plan on getting first hand knowledge that they are gay. :) :)
Whatever.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm only saying this because if you want to stay logically consistent, you have to profess to love some people I'm not sure you would.
Oh oh, Flosster wants to talk about someone, instead of the topic, lmao!!!

Geezus I love you hypocrites, lol.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Is this a blanket statement for all sinners?

It might be good advice but I'm afraid I would fall short, as you may have gathered from my previous statement about axe murderers and child molesters and one or two other 'frailties'! :)

That explains it then. It's not in the Bible ;)

Apparently not - to my chagrin. :) Maybe St. Augustine! Anyway it's a good thought and besides I learned sumpin today thanks to you. :)

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Oh oh, Flosster wants to talk about someone, instead of the topic, lmao!!!

Geezus I love you hypocrites, lol.

It was within the context of the discussion and I was asking him in an open and courteous manner that reflected the topic.

I don't even know why I am continuing to humor your negativity but please stop.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It was within the context of the discussion and I was asking him in an open and courteous manner that reflected the topic.
I do the same thing, you whine, make excuse and cry a lot, lol.

What examples?

I don't even know why I am continuing to humor your negativity but please stop.
Me neither, you usually whine a little and put me back on ignore, and whine about me some more, while I continue to point out your hypocrisy.

Most of the hypocrites do.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It might be good advice but I'm afraid I would fall short, as you may have gathered from my previous statement about axe murderers and child molesters and one or two other 'frailties'! :)

Or something like ISIS or Sharia law for that matter.

I grew up in a religious household so I completely understand the sentiment.

But in this case, I think there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion even if you are not gay.

This has to do with civil liberties which affects us all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Or something like ISIS or Sharia law for that matter.

I grew up in a religious household so I completely understand the sentiment.

But in this case, I think there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion even if you are not gay.

This has to do with civil liberties which affects us all.

I totally agree, a person should be able to think anything they want, as long as they aren't doing anyone harm. It would be a bit of a stretch to think I agree with all their thoughts.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Apparently not - to my chagrin. :) Maybe St. Augustine! Anyway it's a good thought and besides I learned sumpin today thanks to you. :)
You Wuss.....It's actually a quote from Ghandi....but it doesn't mean it is not implied in several passages of the bible......have you got a female masochism fetish or something.?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No quite the same as what the Flosster posted.

Which of course flies in the face of his staunch, well fabricated pro gay image.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Question concerning the OP.......

Should Supreme Court Justices who had in the past performed Gay marriage ceremonies, have recused themselves from the decision?
Legal opinion, if you please, in simple words, cause you know......as O'reilly would say...."I'm a simple man"

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Question concerning the OP.......

Should Supreme Court Justices who had in the past performed Gay marriage ceremonies, have recused themselves from the decision?
Legal opinion, if you please, in simple words, cause you know......as O'reilly would say...."I'm a simple man"

Why? I'm sure there are a myriad of cases brought before the Supreme Court that the judges have past history with. If they do for this, shouldn't they do it for all? And wouldn't that essentially stifle the courts ability to render judgment?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
State supreme court justice are often asked to recuse themselves for a myriad of reasons, but the federal Justices usually do it on their own since they can't be forced to do it.....which is why I asked for his legal opinion on the ethics in this particular case, not his personal opinion!
Since they could be different