Feb 16, 2005
USA
get right.

CIA and Tel Aviv Operatives

http://明日の話題速報.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/isis.jpg

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Agreed, but not for the reasons you're offering. Reading it will provide insight into the attitudes and motives of people who believe it's true, and people should read the Bible for the same reason. This is important because people who believe such things have a lot of power and influence in the world. One cannot believe both books are true, their claims are mutually exclusive so obviously at least one of those two groups of people is quite wrong. I'm convinced they both are.

Some of your words are true but others are not.
Anyhow, reading and studying the Quran is complementary to studying the Bible.
There are a lot of examples to this:
e.g. the story of Mary mother of Jesus Christ:
Mary the mother of the Christ was one of most chaste and honorable houses of the Children of Israel; so that the adultery and betrayal is disgusted and rejected as a contradiction of one of the Ten Commandments: Do not commit adultery.

Now, Virgin Mary brought her baby to her family (Imram's house: the custodian of the House of God at Jerusalem):
So what prevented her family members from punishing her?

This is not explained in the Gospel, but in the Quran: the child himself defended his mother who gave birth to him: he spoke in the craddle:
Quran 19: 27- 33
{27. Then she brought the [Christ] to her people, carrying him [in her arms]; and [when they saw him] they said: "Mary, you have surely committed a grievous thing n."

28. Sister of Aaron [in righteousness and devotion], your father [Amram] was not any evil man, nor was [Ann] your mother any harlot. o "

29. So she pointed to him [indicating to them: Speak to him and he will answer you.]
They said: "How can we talk to one who was a youth [at heaven p; and now, having entered this body, is an infant] in the cradle!?" q

30. [Jesus] said: "I am the servant of God, Who has bestowed on me [the knowledge of] the Book [of the Torah], and made me a prophet."

31. "And He has made me blessed [for people] wheresoever I go [for the affairs of the religion and the World], and has commanded me [to encourage people] to the prayers and to give the alms [to those who deserve that] as long as I live [in the World.]"

32. "And [has made me] kind to my mother, but has not made me any arrogant r aggressor s."

33. "And safety be to me [from the evil of the Devil] the day I was born, and the day I die and the day I shall be sent ‘alive and well’ t [to the Judgment.]"}

n i.e. A reprehensible thing which is so hard to us.
o i.e. she was not adulteress, so that you may become like her.
p When he was among some kind of angels.
q It implies: he was a youth in heaven, and now he is an infant in the cradle. So here God – be glorified – tells us that he was a youth; because the angels and human souls as a whole are youths, and there is not any elderly man or woman among them.
So the three who came to Lot and recommended him to go out of the city of Sodom: they were in the shape of youths.
r Over people.
s It means: He has not made me one of those who transgress on people and plunder their rights.
t i.e. dignified, successful and winning.

On the other hand, in the Quran in the story of Joesph son of Jacob, his brothers said in Egypt that Joseph had stolen something, but it is not explained in the Quarn what it is; while in the Torah, the story is somewhat explained that he took a statue of gold from his aunt:

Quran 12: 77

{77. m They said: "In case [Benjamin] has stolen [the cup] now, a brother n of his own had stolen [the teraphim] before!"o
Joseph kept it secret within himself and did not disclose its [truth] to them p; he said: "You are the worst in case you have power! q But God knows best the truth of what you allege [about the theft.] r "

m Then when they saw the pages of Joseph take the cup from the sack of Benjamin, the brothers of Joseph said:
n They meant Joseph.
o The meaning: Benjamin today has stolen because [Joseph] his brother had stolen before him, and so he has imitated him in the theft.

The story:
Rachel, mother of Joseph, took a small silver statue, which they called teraphim, which was with her father Laban, so she took it, hid it from her father and denied it. Then when Rachel died, her sister Leah took it and hid it.
Joseph was a little child when his mother died, so his mother’s sister Leah took care about him.
Then one day, while Joseph was playing, he opened the box in which the statue was, and when he saw the statue, he liked to play with it, so he took it and started to play with it as do children play with dummies, and he took it to the house of his father Jacob; then when his mother’s sister Leah came to her house, she saw the box opened and the teraphim not there, so she started to search about it and inquire, and they said [to her]: We saw Joseph playing with it; so she went to the house of his father and took the statue from him. Therefore, Joseph’s brothers considered that incident as a theft done by him.
p It means: Joseph concealed their words, when they considered him a thief, and did not disclose its truth lest they should recognize him. But instead of that, he said:
q It means: You are worse than he was: in case you have power to do anything.

The indication of this is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 11: 93, which means:
("My people, work according to your management; I [too] am working.”)
It means: Work according to your capability to harm or kill me if you can do that.

The meaning of the words of Joseph (You are the worst in case you have power!) is:
First: if you consider the incident of the statue as a theft, then know that I only took it to play with it then to restore it to its place, but I did not intend to steal it.
Second: I was a little boy, and no blame on me concerning that.
Third: The statue was left by my mother after her death, and my mother’s sister took it, so I was more worthy than my mother’s sister to have it.
Moreover, my brother Benjamin did not steal the cup, but I ordered my pages and they put it in his sack. And this was my trick to keep my brother with me.

But on the other hand: you [my brethren] stole your brother [Joseph] from your father [Jacob], and intended to kill him, then you cast him in the dry well, then you sold him for twenty silver coins with so cheap price as are the goods sold, and you were adults not children; and by doing so, you were guilty towards your brother and towards your father to whom you were disobedient, and caused his extreme sadness so that his sight weakened because of his weeping and crying.
So which of us is the worst when being capable to do anything?
Therefore, this is the meaning of his saying (You are the worst in case you have power!)

r It means: God knows better than you do about that; so He knows that I did not steal the statue, but I took it to play with it then to return it to its place, and God knows better that my brother Benjamin did not steal the cup, but I ordered my pages to put it in his luggage.

The interpretation is according to the late Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly the interpreter of the Quran and the Bible.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The Bible has inspired great works of art in literature, music, and visual (fine) art. It has been a mostly positive influence on Western society. Those are a few reasons why it should continue to be studied. The Koran has not had the same influence on the societies in which it is read.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Everyone should read the Quran; it is an essential part of education.
Not all education; just religious studies.

The glorious Quran gives understanding to one who reads the Bible: many mysterious points in the Bible are explained in the Quran.

On the other hand, studying the Bible is also important for the reader of the Quran: he will have an additional insight.

The Quran corrects the mistakes that occurred in the Bible because of the passing of time and years. Specially that which Ezra the scribe of the Torah had distorted: deleted, added and altered many things, in addition to many lies that he said against the prophets of God like Abraham accusing him that he gave his wife to Pharaoh, Lot that he committed adultery with his two daughters, Solomon that he had more than 1000 women, Aaron that he made the gold calf statue, etc.

The late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible had knowledge about both the Quran and the Bible.
Study some of his books that are introductory to his interpretation of the Quran that I have recently translated, and will be published by God's will and if God pleases.

http://quran-ayat.com/
The last I heard was that Mohammed was not particularly moral. Not quite sure he wasn't a sociopath either. Same for some of the people that wrote the books in the Bible.

I think people would be better off reading the Dao Te Ching or Shobogenzo.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not all education; just religious studies.

The last I heard was that Mohammed was not particularly moral. Not quite sure he wasn't a sociopath either. Same for some of the people that wrote the books in the Bible.

I think people would be better off reading the Dao Te Ching or Shobogenzo.
And better still reading something fact-based.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The Bible has inspired great works of art in literature, music, and visual (fine) art. It has been a mostly positive influence on Western society. Those are a few reasons why it should continue to be studied. The Koran has not had the same influence on the societies in which it is read.

Truthful! truthful to yourself before to others? As Jesus taught people.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Some Indians worship the rat, and say it is their grandfather; I saw it in the National Geographic channel: rats climb over the shoulder of women and men, and they don't do anything: they think they are their grandfathers. 8O

I see that you admire the swine and buffalo; what's the matter?

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Some Indians worship the rat, and say it is their grandfather; I saw it in the National Geographic channel: rats climb over the shoulder of women and men, and they don't do anything: they think they are their grandfathers. 8O
You know nothing about Indians.

Beats hell outta worshipping your imaginary Big Sky Daddy.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And some people worship science.....
Worship isn't bad, until you try to push yours down everyone's throat....
That goes for atheism as well as any other belief ...

They are all creatures of god, whether it be Allah, Yahweh, the great Manitou or the science god

Mahan

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2015
Islamic Republic of Iran
O selfsame don't speak about god , they believe NOTHING ... No God , No prophet , No Soul , Nothing .
Instead of these things speak About S3x , p0rn , Immoral Jokes , mock prophets , draw a cartoon , join homosexuals , drink vine a lot , and believe Propagandas .Got it?
I spoke with one of these wahhabis , he called me " there is no Wahhabi in the world , they washed your brain , you are Kafir." what's the difference between him and ...

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009

There is something wrong with rats? As far as I can tell, rats are reasonably intelligent creatures that strive for food and producing offspring just like the rest of the living creatures on Earth. If they are unclean it is because they have been around humans.
The same for gnus and wild pigs, fish, birds, and whatever else crawls, flies, walks, or swims.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
O selfsame don't speak about god , they believe NOTHING ... No God , No prophet , No Soul , Nothing .
Instead of these things speak About S3x , p0rn , Immoral Jokes , mock prophets , draw a cartoon , join homosexuals , drink vine a lot , and believe Propagandas .Got it?
" I spoke with one of these wahhabis , he called me there is no Wahhabi in the world , they washed your brain , you are Kafir." what's the difference between him and ...
Yeah, but we don't kidnap and rape schoolgirls like your devout, faithful, loyal scum.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
the discussion between two baby about Space Shuttle = your discussion about Islam
when I red your posts , I try to stop my laughing
Why? Is Islam against laughter, too? Oh, what fun your lot must be at parties.