The latest craze in tatoos.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
People, some people that get tats don't think about what they will look like in twenty + years. I have a coiled snake I got thirty years ago,looks like a pile of dog **** now.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Love tats. Grew up around people with tats. My dad had tat's done with bamboo needles in the far east. Old school.

I have an artist working on creating me a cover up piece which will incorporate a tat my dad had from his navy days. I am sooooo looking forward to it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Love tats. Grew up around people with tats. My dad had tat's done with bamboo needles in the far east. Old school.

I have an artist working on creating me a cover up piece which will incorporate a tat my dad had from his navy days. I am sooooo looking forward to it.
Twila?

Ooooooooooooomg it has been years woman!!!

Glad to see you. Hope all has been well. Can't even remember which site we were on together before this one but cheers!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
hehe My trick would be implanting a small speaker with a looped audio clip of DV breathing in my shoe to go with the cat in the hat. :D

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Glad to see you. Hope all has been well. Can't even remember which site we were on together before this one but cheers!

Thanks Sal. I think we've been on several boards together....I believe even possibly a board or 2 that splintered into other boards...

People, some people that get tats don't think about what they will look like in twenty + years. I have a coiled snake I got thirty years ago,looks like a pile of dog **** now.

That would be an interesting take on tats....to plan for their eventual change and reshaping due to age....

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I'm watching Ink Master again on Spike.

It's 9th season starts tonight. It's the one Reality Show that i've returned to after the first season. I abandoned Survivor, American Idol, the Bachelor.. even the Apprentice.. after the first year. But i find the tattoo show endlessly interesting. Partly because of the idiots who let a bunch of strangers decide on a tattoo they'll be stuck with for the rest of their lives, in a rushed composition, often in a style that is alien to the tattoists specialty. Some of them end up with real messes; all for some free ink.

I have no tattoos. And frankly in my generation unless you were a sailor, a biker or a convict you didn't have a tattoo. They all represented 'membership'. All followed a specific aesthetic order. Sailors did American Traditional in bright colours, thick outlines and subjects such as ships, anchors, hula girls, parrots. Bikers did the Black and Greys with skulls, shrouds and cobwebs. Cons did thin stick figures from jerry-rigged kits, usually cave drawings with an emphasis on ruuns, numbers, gang affiliations.

You can look at the world's biggest rock bands from the 70s and you'd be hardpressed to find a single tattoo. That would be unheard of today. Tattoos as personal expression began in the 1990s. I developed a full pattern for myself, but i wouldn't get one. Old skin doesn't tattoo well. But i'm pretty sure what i came up with would remain meaningful for the rest of my life AND that it would be completely DIFFERENT than what i would have come up with in my 20s.

So i'm thankful this really wasn't anything people thought about in my generation. But its still fun to watch what people come up with. Some of it is very impressive.. some not so much.

Last edited: