The Dumbing Down of America – By Design

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
At the risk of repeating myself, I am repeating myself.
It is impossible to stop a child from learning if he wants to learn. It is impossible to make a child learn if he doesn't want to.
It all begins at home with encouragement and motivation from the parents.
Blaming the school system might have some merit, by it's mostly just a cop-out.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
At the risk of repeating myself, I am repeating myself.
It is impossible to stop a child from learning if he wants to learn. It is impossible to make a child learn if he doesn't want to.
It all begins at home with encouragement and motivation from the parents.
Blaming the school system might have some merit, by it's mostly just a cop-out.
And I know I'm gonna get blasted and lots of stupid memes for saying this, but it's not a teacher's responsibility to see to it that kids show up at school rested, fed, and clean. That's gotta happen before school.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And I know I'm gonna get blasted and lots of stupid memes for saying this, but it's not a teacher's responsibility to see to it that kids show up at school rested, fed, and clean. That's gotta happen before school.
Yup but when your mom works night shift at 7/11 and dad is drunk and mean on the couch it is kind of difficult .

A meme is happening , thanks for adding to the conversation .

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
They're not dumbing down on America, that was accomplished when JFK was offed and the people did nothing but moan and whine and every year on the date remembering exactly what didn't happen. The whole mess called the West looks like half of a disaster.

Of course Canada is in America so us too.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
USA Today reporter got under Bernie Sanders' skin when he asked the typical shallow questions we are all used to from our derelict media.

Bernie Sanders was not very kind as he replied to the reporter.

"read the last chapter of my book on corporate media," said Bernie Sanders. "I think this is incredible. And I have to say this in all due respect. Are we? Already? We haven’t inaugurated this president and we're talking about 2020 because it's easy to write about.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwn7Kko8ERo

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If there are certain methods that can aid brain washing then what steps are needed to reverse that or train people to be able to look objectively at an issue and be able to separate the truth from the lies?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Excuse me (not) Sherlock but in our talks you always play the part of the American. Should I explain what that means in relation to the thread title and the facts of life?

It will be sweet to see you get your eyes opened. Too bad it often happens at the worst of times. When do you think Saddam realized that going into Kuwait was a bad idea??

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Stupid parents have stupid children. It's a downward spiral, Dave's Mom.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We could eliminate kindergarten and elementary school and start school when the kids are 12. The money saved would be more than enough that they could be fed for free and a full tummy is a happy tummy so sleeping is easier.
When you are hungry you are up looking for food, that part should be obvious.