The Death of a Toy Soldier

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I f Canada did...I would.....trust me....

but i never once said I was an activist.....i think of myself more as an entertainer when i perform...

wherther you think it's funny that's your business....

if a show like southpark can get away it's humour.....so can I....

I think this is what people have been missing out on...... I AM NOT AN ACTIVIST.....the video may make it seem this way.....but i am a performer....

Southpark was brave enough to put Mohammed in a Bear costume.

What you do is activism whether you want to admit it or not. You are trying to get a message out and in the process you are offending people. Surely you must know that.

If your Bro posted a clip of you drumming away on plastic buckets and cans on the streets of Montreal, well that is entertainment.

patty_lone

Aug 12, 2010
Quebec City
no....i don't agree with you......point blankly

you may not think i am entertaining....and like i said....that is your business....

the point is you just don't like what i did and that's fine....

SO the guys from Southpark are activists then....because they do have clear messages.....

but anyway...truth is....i never really enjoyed Southpark....something about it annoys me....but anyhow....i like that they do what they do....

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I think the confusion comes in patty with the fact that you seem to want a voice, but, you insist on telling other people's stories instead of your own. Activism needn't be your main focus when it comes to artistic expression, but, simply picking the most horrific of other people's journeys and leaving your own personal stories out of the mix comes across wrong somehow.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
no....i don't agree with you......point blankly

you may not think i am entertaining....and like i said....that is your business....

the point is you just don't like what i did and that's fine....

SO the guys from Southpark are activists then....because they do have clear messages.....

but anyway...truth is....i never really enjoyed Southpark....something about it annoys me....but anyhow....i like that they do what they do....

There is definitley a message in a lot of Southpark's episodes. Not all but they do touch on some issues. They are getting their message out. Of course it gets silly. The episode "Whale Wh----" comes to mind or the one when the boys were using the word "F-g" not to offend gays but to call out a-holes.

"I'm a gay man... am I a f-g?"

"Do you drive a motorcycle, make all kinds of noise and ruin everyones afternoon?"

"No"

"Then you're not a f-g"

"That strangely makes a lot of sense."

But yes it is my business, but your bro posted it so it is up there for all to comment on.

patty_lone

Aug 12, 2010
Quebec City
So basically i could never write a book about a male prostitute if i never was one.....

fiction is all about storytelling......i tell stories....that's all

and i don't think people know me enough to know the things i've done......the dark things i've seen and lived....not even my brother...

I think I have the right to reflect on certain issues....whether I live it or not...but i'v seen some pretty crazy stuff...I 've seen death in the face.....and i am not talking about my dead grandma (god bless her)

certains events have changed me......and made me think about the value of life.....the importance of being good....

I've written a short story about heroin addicts.....i never was.....but taht doesn't stop from writing about because it's an issue that touches me....I've interacted with some.....i cleaned a woman 's dead body......she was a drud addict and a prostiitue and she had HIV

I've written a story about a small kid telling the story of his neighbours...how the drunk father shot everyone and then shot himself...

i wrote that story because a few years ago in Quebec city there was this scary series of family tragedies.....but i twisted it into a morality tale about gun possession.....i thought it was interesting....because it's at that moment taht the little boy telling the story begins to be afraid of the gun hidden in his parents bedroom

I wrote a story about a prostitue that cuts off her John's penises because she witnesses a rape scene.....and she becomes this serial killer and creates a panic across town....all of a sudden men are afraid of prostitutes and they have no more clients....one day another prostitute finds out about the identity of the killer and she gets all the other hookers to beat the killer of John's...that female killer ends up being trampled on by a buch of high heels by twenty other hookers...and it ends that way...

i create.....bash me for having bad taste....

Reactions: selin

patty_lone

Aug 12, 2010
Quebec City
the video is very funny and significant - i like it.

Thank you soooooooooo much Selin....you are the first to actually enjoy it here....I knew it could appeal to some.....

Cheers!

It was meant to be sarcastic, rude and funny...in a black sort of way!

selin

Electoral Member
Feb 8, 2010
Turkey
Thank you soooooooooo much Selin....you are the first to actually enjoy it here....I knew it could appeal to some.....

Cheers!

It was meant to be sarcastic, rude and funny...in a black sort of way!

maybe, the others also could have found it successful, interesting but the majority here is men, some of whom are very sensitive and had military experiences before. (execpt for Karrie)-so they are a bit prejuducied about that point, that is why i am the first to like it.

this video with its sarcasm can fit in my country as well, i don't approve of deaths of soldiers ,because of wrong ,incohorent and discursive policies of the Government.