The Cons haven't done anything good for Canada?

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Excellent!

Quebec has far too much influence on Federal politics......the "quebec Factor" in Ottawa has consistently pulled Canadian political culture considerably to the left of where the RoC would have it. It is nice, and will be nice, to have some balancing influence from a PM from outside of Quebec that is not worriedabout Quebec seats, I.E. is not constantly kissing Quebecois arse.

Quebecers have been PM for 36 of the last 40 years.

Time to move out of Quebec for awhile.

Colpy , Harper in this last election kissed enough Quebecker arse to last him for the next 5 years....

In Quebec he took a beating on the seats they thought they would get, support results for the Conservatives plummeted, giving strength to the Block and the NDP, why ? Because Quebeckers during the Quebec debates Harper did a poor job describing to Quebeckers what he would do for their province and the country, he had a bad time with Elizabeth May and the rest which subsequently cost the federal Harper Conservatives the majority they so hoped for.....

With out Quebec Harper realised that a majority was not possible and right he was, even though Harper calls it a strengthened minority, reality calls it that 37 people out of 100 voted for Harper and that by far` is not enough to put the Conservatives in any superiority position in the house, yet Harper is walking around as if he has invented federal politics.

All the bull Harper has dished out this far, fighting to stay in power when he is about to get gonged for running a scary crap political show in Ottawa, the running behind the skirt of the GG in shutting down Parliament 6 weeks after an election is inexcusable to stay an extra month in power, stuffing the senate like a thanks giving turkey to gain some sort of superiority in the house, all that is desperate political weasel dancing, which will haunt the Conservatives in the next election as well Harper as leader of the Conservatives for such a dismal poor report card.

They were saying before the election the Liberals would run a deficit.
Now we see the Conservatives lied to the people while calling the Liberals idiots in the last election and that the Liberals will run a deficit, they the Conservatives will post a near $40 Billion deficit. If the Conservatives stay in Power for a full 4 year term they would subject Canada to exceed the $100 Billion mark.
Quebeckers are not stupid people,

Harper suck-alled before the election to Quebeckers and after because of bad results to call some of them Separatists as well Jell Duceppe the Devil that doesn’t look good for Harper in Quebec.

The Conservatives are on record calling the block the devil after the election, before the election the word Devil was never heard. I know this is a long massage but you know what I mean.
The Liberals made a mistake putting Deon on the helm in the last election we all saw the results, Iggy will lead with class, and the Conservatives will make a huge mistake if Harper stayed as leader.

Hey I sincerely wish you and all others on the CC a happy New Year.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
"Colpy , Harper in this last election kissed enough Quebecker arse to last him for the next 5 years...."

He's actually got a permanent stain on his chin now....

In the next election (spring 2009) he will have to kiss butt even harder but to no avail, he's blown his 10 seats in Quebec with his fanatical rhetoric and we won't see a conservative in Quebec for decades

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
2 more reasons why Harper is an idiot:

$36M penalty dropped for late chopper delivery
So - we can forgive a company a $36 M in late fees, and give them another $117 M for upgrades to helicopters that we haven't received - but don't give $27 M to political parties - because that's not economical.

And

Winnipeg Free Press

Let's grind the First Nations even more, eh?

Idiot.

So - we can forgive a company a $36 M in late fees, and give them another $117 M for upgrades to helicopters that we haven't received

It gets worse. Those 'copters haven't even flown a mission yet.... anywhere!! Canada is the first buyer of the CH-148 Cyclone

It's payload is "light". It has a limited range. It's four bladed (five bladed is much more preferable for handling), it's over the weight specification and it's late.

I guess Sikorsky owes MacKay and Harper and all expenses paid trip to... somewhere other than Canada. But hey, it could be worse. If it had come during Mulroney's tenure, millions in paper bags would have been trading hands

GroundWater

Electoral Member
Oct 27, 2008
Gibbons
Ya that's almost as bad as the Liberal sub deal,buy someone elses junk for 900 million and only one is operational, it will cost 195 million to repair just one of them and should be ready in by 2009, the other 2 are basically rotting away, typical of the poor attention the Chretien government spent on maintaining our military.

Now for the real kicker, you do realize the Mulroney ( not a fan) was in the process of purchasing 50 EH-101 Cormorant helicopters for 4.8 billion and after the 93 election the Liberal's canceled the order and it cost you and me 500 million to 700 million in cancellation fees due to breach of it's contract.

In my opinion both sides( left or right), are both amoral, lying,unscrupulous,thieving,evil,scamming, stealing scum bags who really don't give a rats ass what you think and only serve for there personal agendas.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
In my opinion both sides( left or right), are both amoral, lying,unscrupulous,thieving,evil,scamming, stealing scum bags who really don't give a rats ass what you think and only serve for there personal agendas.

...and the agenda of their corporate masters.

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario

EXACTLY. However, IMO, what makes Harper even worse was that he campaigned his entire (1st) election on being different.

I expected Chretien to be a crook (which is why I never voted him). I expected better from Harper (shame on me) - so long as he is leader of the CPC - the CPC will never get my vote.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
The Americans trusted a Conservative Government for a second term W BUSH and the country from the most powerful financial nation in the world has become a financial joke in the eye of the world. Harper is on route to do the same for Canada, the huge deference between Bush and Harper is that Bush is an idiot of a leader and Harper is an idiot follower. The rest go figure...

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
Getting ready for a pay cut in 2009 if you make more than 42,800 a year - EI and CPP changes will cost you almost $100 more next year - and Harper's income tax cut stimulus package is only worth $36 - One less case of beer and box of Orville Redenbacher's - Dion's income tax cut - carbon tax looks pretty good right now -
Atleast we are saving 100% of the GST on things we are not buying!

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
Getting ready for a pay cut in 2009 if you make more than 42,800 a year - EI and CPP changes will cost you almost $100 more next year - and Harper's income tax cut stimulus package is only worth $36 - One less case of beer and box of Orville Redenbacher's - Dion's income tax cut - carbon tax looks pretty good right now -
Atleast we are saving 100% of the GST on things we are not buying!

...and I thought fiscal prudence and steawardship was the hallmark of all "true blue Conservatives".:angry3: I guess Stevies yrs studying economics didn't since in much. He acts like he doesn'thave a clue how the market works. Sigh.... Maybe he'll ask Paul Martin to come out of retirement and rescue his sorry butt:p

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
...and I thought fiscal prudence and steawardship was the hallmark of all "true blue Conservatives".:angry3: I guess Stevies yrs studying economics didn't since in much. He acts like he doesn'thave a clue how the market works. Sigh.... Maybe he'll ask Paul Martin to come out of retirement and rescue his sorry butt:p

Inflation hasn't worked in 60 years, so maybe it's time to try a little DEFLATION, can't hurt and will definitely get rid of criminal prices we have to pay- like $1/2 million bucks for "a roof".

mit

Electoral Member
Nov 26, 2008
SouthWestern Ontario
Inflation hasn't worked in 60 years, so maybe it's time to try a little DEFLATION, can't hurt and will definitely get rid of criminal prices we have to pay- like $1/2 million bucks for "a roof".

I'm all for deflation of the cost we pay for services - Like insurance - All these "improvements" in making cars and houses safer haven't seemed to make a dent in our insurance premiums - And bank charges - We do most of the banks work for them now - electronic payroll deposit - ATM's - Interac - filling out forms on line to speed loan transacions - Why are our service charges going up?

Then there are sewage infratructure upcharges - debt retirement charges - etc. attached to our utility bills -

The bank rate keeps falling but mortgages are stuck and credit card rates went up

What most of us pay for EI and CPP is going up by $100 next year but income tax is going down by only $36 - Interestingly the EI increase is not accompanied by improved benefits for recipients - A Harper Cash Grab!

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Harper is the "least worst" they have going at the moment.

Harper at the moment is so busy "flip-floppin" on anything and everything (deficit, senate, parliment. etc..), that he can't seem to come up with any reasonable solution ot a single problem, so you're right he has to go.
roflmao You mean he's being like a normal Canadian politician? Definitely replace him with another flipflopper....... That'll fix everything. :D

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
EXACTLY. However, IMO, what makes Harper even worse was that he campaigned his entire (1st) election on being different.
lol Yeah, Harpy is the only one that got into the PMO on broken promises. lol

I expected Chretien to be a crook (which is why I never voted him). I expected better from Harper (shame on me) - so long as he is leader of the CPC - the CPC will never get my vote.
Me either. But then I won't vote Gliberal or Dipper either as they all look like slightly different aspects of the same pile of turd.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Me either. But then I won't vote Gliberal or Dipper either as they all look like slightly different aspects of the same pile of turd.

L Gilbert,

Where is the Rhino Party when we need them? At least their crap was a lot more palatable.

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario
lol Yeah, Harpy is the only one that got into the PMO on broken promises. lol

So that makes it acceptable?

We get the SOBs - I mean government - we deserve. Until we as an electorate are willing to hold our elected officials to a higher standard, and BOOT them out when they don't meet that standard, then we deserve to have liars lead us.

I will not longer vote for a politician that out right lies. (BTW - there is a difference between making a promise - trying to keep it and but not being able to keep it (acceptable), making a promise and having circumstances change so that keeping the promise is either impossible, or worse than keeping it (also acceptable), and making a promise with no intention of keeping it. (not acceptable at all))

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A friend had a great idea. Find the guy/gal who doesn't want the job at all and give it to them. More than likely, if they want the job, they have a hidden agenda or are in someone's pocket.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Cliffy- that's also the rationale in the Hitchhikers Guide books- the president of the galaxy is always chosen based on how absolutely little the person desires power, the notion being that the person will not really end up doing anything one way or another, but will most likely do little things that end up benefitting average folks. I don't recall the exact details but Zaphod has spent a good bit of his term in prison by the beginning of the novels

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
roflmao You mean he's being like a normal Canadian politician? Definitely replace him with another flipflopper....... That'll fix everything. :D

the problem is that the Cons don't even have anybody with a position or an opinion on anything. Harper is the best they have (and that's not good at any level)

We really haven't had a "great" leader since Trudeau and I don't see any of the current crop from any of the parties even being barely acceptable