The Alt-Right Movement: A New Age of Racism and Xenophobia

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I'd visited a white nationalist website recently and was pleasantly surprised to learn that many of that forum's members were teetotalers, non-smokers, non-gamblers, vegans, and non-promuscuous among other things.

It's too bad they're racially prejudiced: we seem to share much in common otherwise.

Come to think of it, could that lifestyle be what attracts some people to white nationalism?
What is the difference between white nationalism and black lives matter and who is more racist ?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
What is the difference between white nationalism and black lives matter and who is more racist ?

Both are very racist. One is acceptable but the other is not, punishable by public shaming.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

I can't comment on Black Lives Matter beyond saying that at first glance it appears to be an angry reaction to real(and maybe also perceived) white racism against blacks.

I added 'perceived' since though I have no doubt of the existence of white racism against blacks, this might cause some blacks to become oversensitive and so misinterpret non-racist acts as racist too on occasion.

Now as for white nationalism, just visit stormfront dot org.

There we are dealing with open racism, white supremacy, KKK, Hitler admirers, you name it.

Storefront is big tent. White nationalists hold many differing views and don't always see eye to eye.

To be clear, I am not a white nationalist. I was just exploring the forum. But still, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that many on that forum are sXe (i.e. straight edge), meaning that they don't do drugs, drink alcohol, smoke, sleep around, gamble, etc.

It's just a shame for their racial beliefs though.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
All other races are still allowed to have pride in their own race. Why are whites excluded and no longer are allowed to find pride in their own race? I just don't understand why there is a double standard. That's my problem with the whole thing.

You're not even allowed to feel pride of being yourself anymore. If you're white. Unless you're a racist. It's mind boggling.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
All other races are still allowed to have pride in their own race. Why are whites excluded and no longer are allowed to find pride in their own race? I just don't understand why there is a double standard. That's my problem with the whole thing.

You're not even allowed to feel pride of being yourself anymore. If you're white. Unless you're a racist. It's mind boggling.

I will agree with something. If we can have a black history month, why not a white one?

If we can have black organization, why not white ones?

I'd have interest in neither since I'd find them both racist, but just saying, if one can have it, all can have it.

That said, immigration policy is often motivated by ethnic prejudice and it needs to open up more.

I might not agree with the details, but I do agree with the Libéral Party's principle of more open immigration.

On the flip side might mean more conservatively on drug, gambling, smoking, prostitution, and other such policies.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

"I'm proud to be an American" I'm proud to be a Canadian" "I'm proud to be white" "I'm proud to be black"
All meaningless nonsense. Your race and nationality are only accidents of genetics and geography.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I will agree with something. If we can have a black history month, why not a white one?

If we can have black organization, why not white ones?

I'd have interest in neither since I'd find them both racist, but just saying, if one can have it, all can have it.

That said, immigration policy is often motivated by ethnic prejudice and it needs to open up more.

I might not agree with the details, but I do agree with the Libéral Party's principle of more open immigration.

Yes, More double standards.

That's why I don't give a $hit what anyone says anymore. And I feel no guilt. I'm proud of who I am. A white male. If that makes me a sexist racist then so be it. I guess I am. And y'all can suck on my balls if you don't like it :lol:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yes, More double standards.

That's why I don't give a $hit what anyone says anymore. And I feel no guilt. I'm proud of who I am. A white male. If that makes me a sexist racist then so be it. I guess I am. And y'all can suck on my balls if you don't like it :lol:
You sound pre-pubescent. I doubt you have found them yet.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
"I'm proud to be an American" I'm proud to be a Canadian" "I'm proud to be white" "I'm proud to be black"
All meaningless nonsense. Your race and nationality are only accidents of genetics and geography.

How do you know? I don't believe that crap. It's part of you're specific uniqueness. How can you're uniqueness be meaningless? You're fu€led up man.

You sound pre-pubescent. I doubt you have found them yet.

:laughing3:

I don't think I've ever seen you this butt hurt cliffy

I know the biofuel news must have really burst you're hemp dream bubble but you'll get over yourself one day.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You don't have to feel guilty to acknowledge white privilege, but if you believe it doesn't exist then you are naive.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
In the Canadian context, I'd say it's more Anglo-French privilege.

I don't see how a Dutch Canadian enjoys any more privilege than a Chinese Canadian for example.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
You don't have to feel guilty to acknowledge white privilege, but if you believe it doesn't exist then you are naive.

I'm not denying or agreeing white have privileges. I just have accepted that it's just part of nature. What about human privileges that other animals don't have??? I'm not going to start.

Some people are short. Are we going to start complaining about y'all privileges?? It's ****ing horse $hit