The 2nd Annual REAL Fake News Awards

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The 2nd Annual REAL Fake News Awards, that ceremony where the worst Fake News offenders of the past year are dishonoured with the shameful Dino awards. Live (by which I mean recorded) from western Japan. So will The Guardian retain its title as biggest purveyor of fake news or will a new challenger come along to take its place? Find out in this year's most exciting award show!

corbettreport Published on Jan 25, 2019
SHOW NOTES AND MP3 AUDIO: https://www.corbettreport.com/?p=29890

Well, I suppose expecting commentators to actually watch the video would be rather far fetched on my part.
:)
Anyhow, what are your favorite fake-news stories that are REAL fake news, not because they disagree with you, but were, or are, actually fake news.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The story about the teens coming home from a Pro Life March and the media attacking them because they were supposedly being disrespectful to an "elder" American Indian who stated (wrongly) that he was a Vet. They did nothing wrong as later video shows and were vilified by the MSM. It's disgusting when the MSM can't be bothered to find out the REAL story as it turns out that the teens were the real victims. This is one of the many reasons why the media can't be trusted to report the actual FACTS.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The story about the teens coming home from a Pro Life March and the media attacking them because they were supposedly being disrespectful to an "elder" American Indian who stated (wrongly) that he was a Vet. They did nothing wrong as later video shows and were vilified by the MSM. It's disgusting when the MSM can't be bothered to find out the REAL story as it turns out that the teens were the real victims. This is one of the many reasons why the media can't be trusted to report the actual FACTS.

Oh and they were wearing MAGA hats - this was over a friggen HAT! How stupid is that? One may not support Trump but the US is still a free country - or maybe not. Didn't see this when people wore T-shirts supporting Obama did you? Nope, just the left is frighteningly disturbed, angry and violent!!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I remember Heddy Fry claiming on national news that "Crosses are burning on the lawns in Prince George as we speak". Never happened.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I believe Hedy Fry made that incredulous assertion in the House of Commons. And I remember her running away from reporters into her limo to avoid any further questions on her bald face lie.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I believe Hedy Fry made that incredulous assertion in the House of Commons. And I remember her running away from reporters into her limo to avoid any further questions on her bald face lie.
Correct. Worse she faced no censure from the Liberal party for doing so.