Tamir Rice

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
our sjw hardman is projecting his mad feels from the dispatcher to the evil po-leece.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Toy gun from back in the day

Note the indicator that all Sheriffs carry this exact weapon

Taking his toy would have been a Constitutional violation... The cop really should have run over without any question and gave him a big hug.
Which one of these was Rice holding and which one is real...and remember, this is a split second decision at a distance

Reactions: B00Mer

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I can see how it upsets your agenda when someone who might think Michael Brown got himself killed by grabbing for a police officers gun might think that this shooting was unjustified. I mean, clearly if people think the cops were justified they must be against all black people. This lends itself to the smarmy attitude rather than frank discussion.

Regarding Charlie:

Holy Crap some environmentalists are loopy.
You know, I'm not a tough guy by any stretch, getting old and wore out actually, but looking at the photograph of this useless piece of shyt, put's a thought into my mind of just slamming my fist into his ugly face repeatedly until he's on the ground crying like the scum he is.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Of course, Tamir Rice didn't point his toy at a cop.

Interestingly, three police departments turned Loehmann down and a fourth fired him a couple of months into his employment stating that he was "emotionally and mentally unsuited for police work" before the Cleveland PD picked him up. Apparently they never checked.

Very few. This year in the U.S., 39. Fewer than died of traffic accidents. 2015 was the second-safest year for cops in the U.S. since 1875. 2013 was the safest.

By contrast, police in the U.S. shot about 1000 people, of whom 90 were unarmed.

Maybe they carve that on Tamir Rice's and Aiyanna Jones's headstones.
Toy gun from back in the day

Note the indicator that all Sheriffs carry this exact weapon

Taking his toy would have been a Constitutional violation... The cop really should have run over without any question and gave him a big hug.
But that's exactly what some people figure the cops should do... run over without any question & give him/her a hug. I know, total nonsense but there it is. No common sense.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's easy to judge long after the fact, but at that moment in time, was it clear and obvious that it was as simple as the cops seeing a 12 year old boy playing with a toy gun?
I would say that no, it wasn't. That what the cops saw was a big, Black, dangerous man with a deadly weapon, and that's the entire problem.

But why bother? You'll reject anything that suggests that there's something wrong when a man who has been fired from or rejected by multiple police agencies guns down a twelve-year-old boy playing with a toy gun in a park.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I would say that no, it wasn't. That what the cops saw was a big, Black, dangerous man with a deadly weapon, and that's the entire problem.

But why bother? You'll reject anything that suggests that there's something wrong when a man who has been fired from or rejected by multiple police agencies guns down a twelve-year-old boy playing with a toy gun in a park.

It appears that the presence of (what was believed to be) a hand gun is somehow incidental in your description. The notion that a hand gun was in play might, just maybe, have an impact on the danger variable.

In terms of the history of the shooter, certainly that plays a big role and must be reviewed thoroughly and action taken, however, that does not dismiss the reality of the overall situation.... Your over reaching efforts in ignoring the big picture is a disservice to any effort(s) that might actually offer any semblance of a potential solution to this problem

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It appears that the presence of (what was believed to be) a hand gun is somehow incidental in your description. The notion that a hand gun was in play might, just maybe, have an impact on the danger variable.

In terms of the history of the shooter, certainly that plays a big role and must be reviewed thoroughly and action taken, however, that does not dismiss the reality of the overall situation.... Your over reaching efforts in ignoring the big picture is a disservice to any effort(s) that might actually offer any semblance of a potential solution to this problem
The solution, or at least a dramatic improvement, is obvious to anybody with the sense to pour piss out of a boot. That's why I don't present it here. It would just confuse all y'all who have it as an article of faith that everything any cop does is right, and will trot out such outrageous balderdash as the notion that a decades-old marijuana possession bust justifies police abuse in the here and now (the "He was no angel" defense to cop misconduct).

And this despite the many, many verified cases of cops currently in prison who committed violent crimes under the shield of their badges. Apparently each one is the last bad cop in the country.

I will, however, ask you this. If a passerby happened upon young Master Rice playing with his toy gun in the park and shot him dead with a legally-carried firearm, would you be so hot to find justification? If not, why should a police officer be held to a lower standard than a passerby?

Having taxed your brain, perhaps beyond its ability to bear, I will not further burden you with questions about your opinion of what should be done when a cop fears a person holding a mobile phone, a rolled-up apron, a hero sandwich, a spatula, an umbrella, a slice of pizza, a walking cane, or nothing at all. Or a seventeen-year-old who is not only holding nothing of any sort, but is as naked as the day he was born. I've always wondered if that cop hauled out the "reached for his waistband" defense.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Turns out that your legal system whole heatedly disagrees with you in this case.... I can only imagine that this has short-circuited your thinking box to the point of meltdown.

That said, you continue on with the award winning, dramatic over interpretations and remarkable assumptions of what everyone else thinks and leave the important discussions to the big people

Reactions: Twin_Moose

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Cop who killed Tamir Rice quickly leaves new police job
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Michael Rubinkam
Publishing date:Jul 07, 2022 • 10 hours ago • 3 minute read • Join the conversation

The former Cleveland police officer who fatally shot 12-year-old Tamir Rice in 2014 withdrew from the police force of a Pennsylvania town Thursday amid backlash and media coverage over his hiring.

Timothy Loehmann was sworn in Tuesday as the lone police officer in Tioga — a community of about 600 in rural north-central Pennsylvania, 300 miles (480 kilometers) from Cleveland — but left the $18-per-hour position without having worked a single shift, according to borough council President Steve Hazlett.

“The community spoke. They got their feelings out, and we listened to them and we’re going to react to it and that will be that,” he said in a phone interview. “We thank the community for stepping forward and letting their voices be heard.”

Messages seeking comment were left at phone numbers associated with Loehmann.

Tamir, who was Black, was playing with a pellet gun outside a recreation center in Cleveland on Nov. 22, 2014, when he was shot and killed by Loehmann seconds after Loehmann and his partner arrived. The officers, who are white, told investigators Loehmann had shouted three times at Tamir to raise his hands.

The shooting sparked community protests about police treatment of Black people, especially after a grand jury decided not to indict Loehmann or his partner.

Cleveland settled a lawsuit over Tamir’s death for $6 million, and the city ultimately fired Loehmann for having lied on his application to become a police officer.

Loehmann has since made multiple attempts to find work in law enforcement. He landed a part-time position with a police department in the southeast Ohio village of Bellaire in October 2018 but withdrew his application days later after Tamir’s mother, Samaria, and others criticized the hiring.

The circumstances of Loehmann’s arrival in Tioga began to emerge Thursday.

At first, Hazlett, the council president, declined to say whether Loehmann told council about the Tamir Rice case when he applied, or whether council knew of his background when voting to hire him. But in a later interview, Hazlett told The Associated Press that “Tim held nothing back” in his application. “He was upfront with everything. That’s all I can say,” Hazlett said.

A council subcommittee reviewed Loehmann’s application and interviewed him, then made a favorable recommendation to the full council, according to Hazlett. He said the full council was not privy to Loehmann’s application file. Hazlett, who said he took part in the subcommittee review, declined to say why he supported Loehmann’s hiring.

Mayor David Wilcox called for the resignations of Hazlett and two other council members he said knew about Loehmann’s background, declaring in a Facebook post Thursday: “You should be ashamed of yourselves.”

The mayor told Cleveland.com he “was under the impression that there was a thorough background check into him, that he didn’t have any issues.”

Wilcox has said he was not involved in the hiring process.

Word that Loehmann had been hired by Tioga drew protesters to the borough building on Wednesday night and brought condemnation from Tamir’s family.

“While it’s all well and good that Loehmann will not be inflicting a reign of terror with a badge and a gun upon Tioga Borough residents and visitors, borough officials must be held accountable for their demonstrably, atrociously poor judgment and ineptitude,” Subodh Chandra, an attorney for the family, said in a statement Thursday.

“This game of whack-a-mole with Loehmann shamelessly and repeatedly resurfacing as a cop elsewhere needs to end,” he said.

The council will meet next week to take action on Loehmann’s withdrawn application and consider next steps, according to Hazlett. He said Tioga still hopes to hire a police officer.
1657281362824.png