Summer is almost upon us, and you know what that means

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Here is a thing that you might like to eat because it’s a tiny strawberry cup filled with super-boozy Jell-O.

What? You’d like a million of them, you say?

You will need: Strawberry Jell-O, water, strawberries, tequila, Cointreau, sugar, and a lime.

And about 4 and a half hours, at least, for the Jell-O to solidify. I know, it’s the worst. Sorry.
1. Cut the top off the strawberry. Make sure you hold it parallel to the board.

Balance it at the point where it is widest, parallel to the cutting board, to cut off the top.
(Don’t hold it tip down when you cut it.)

(Otherwise, when you stand it up, it won’t be flat — it’ll look like this.)

2. Then cut off a tiny part of the tip so that strawberry can stand upright.

(Make sure not to cut off too much or you’ll create a hole at the bottom.)

3. Then take a melon baller or small measuring spoon and carefully scoop out the inside.

4. Yay.

5. Put them all on a baking sheet and dry them a little with a paper towel.

6. Combine Jell-O mix with 3/4 cup boiling water and stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve.

7. Measure out 1 cup of tequila.

8. And 3/4 cup of cointreau.

9. Stir booze into Jell-O mixture.

10. Pour Jell-O/booze mixture into strawberry cups.

11. Fill them up as much as possible, because Jell-O shrinks when it solidifies.

12. Refrigerate four hours or until firm.

13. Obviously the garnishes aren’t ESSENTIAL. But if you want: When you’re ready to serve them, zest lime into a plate of sugar.

Yes, SUGAR. We tried it with salt on the rim, and that was gross.
14. Make your tiny lime garnishes.

15. Wet the side of the solidified Jell-O shot with lime or water.

16. And roll in your sugary lime zest.

OMG adorbz

You don’t really need to eat the lime, but its presence is recommended as it will add to the amount of praise you’ll receive from friends and Instagram followers.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/how-to-make-strawberry-margarita-jello-shots#.bd6GlNGLP

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

Here is a thing that you might like to eat because it’s a tiny strawberry cup filled with super-boozy Jell-O.

What? You’d like a million of them, you say?

You will need: Strawberry Jell-O, water, strawberries, tequila, Cointreau, sugar, and a lime.

And about 4 and a half hours, at least, for the Jell-O to solidify. I know, it’s the worst. Sorry.
1. Cut the top off the strawberry. Make sure you hold it parallel to the board.

Balance it at the point where it is widest, parallel to the cutting board, to cut off the top.
(Don’t hold it tip down when you cut it.)

(Otherwise, when you stand it up, it won’t be flat — it’ll look like this.)

2. Then cut off a tiny part of the tip so that strawberry can stand upright.

(Make sure not to cut off too much or you’ll create a hole at the bottom.)

3. Then take a melon baller or small measuring spoon and carefully scoop out the inside.

4. Yay.

5. Put them all on a baking sheet and dry them a little with a paper towel.

6. Combine Jell-O mix with 3/4 cup boiling water and stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve.

7. Measure out 1 cup of tequila.

8. And 3/4 cup of cointreau.

9. Stir booze into Jell-O mixture.

10. Pour Jell-O/booze mixture into strawberry cups.

11. Fill them up as much as possible, because Jell-O shrinks when it solidifies.

12. Refrigerate four hours or until firm.

13. Obviously the garnishes aren’t ESSENTIAL. But if you want: When you’re ready to serve them, zest lime into a plate of sugar.

Yes, SUGAR. We tried it with salt on the rim, and that was gross.
14. Make your tiny lime garnishes.

15. Wet the side of the solidified Jell-O shot with lime or water.

16. And roll in your sugary lime zest.

OMG adorbz

You don’t really need to eat the lime, but its presence is recommended as it will add to the amount of praise you’ll receive from friends and Instagram followers.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/how-to-make-strawberry-margarita-jello-shots#.bd6GlNGLP
it would be easier just to pour the alcohol in a glass and drink it. ;)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Flannel Chef soaks berries overnight in 190 proof hooch. Booze berries. 8 or 9 booze berries will make you giggly and over the limit for driving.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
it would be easier just to pour the alcohol in a glass and drink it. ;)

My plan is not to make them, my plan is to inspire others to make them and then invite me over. :D

The Flannel Chef soaks berries overnight in 190 proof hooch. Booze berries. 8 or 9 booze berries will make you giggly and over the limit for driving.

Sounds good to me, I don't want to go anywhere anyway.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Save a lot of work. Once soaked roll them in sugar and cinnamon. Deeeelicious and potent.
eating berries would be a good way to get plastered. Alcohol has a nasty taste use to drink shots of tequila only because I love lemons and salt. Haven't drank booze in years maybe that's been my problem.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Summer is almost upon us, and you know what that means:
yup, drinking out on the balcony while I bbq...

cheers

first I have to get the damn balcony scrubbed down, get the furniture out there, get the plants planted and then I'm golden

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars

cheers

first I have to get the damn balcony scrubbed down, get the furniture out there, get the plants planted and then I'm golden
Back when I was a family man I'd bbq steaks in the summer whilst drinking cold Michelob in the bottle. Always doused the steaks with the beer made them really tender but usually time they were done I was too plastered to enjoy them properly.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Back when I was a family man I'd bbq steaks in the summer whilst drinking cold Michelob in the bottle. Always doused the steaks with the beer made them really tender
I LOVE steak, and prime rib and anything that used to moo....

but usually time they were done I was too plastered to enjoy them
nothing wrong with being a bit relaxed

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

cheers

Wish I could, but Jake the Crow is incubating a clutch, and I need to keep the balcony quiet for her to come up and get her food while she takes care of the eggs.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Wish I could, but Jake the Crow is incubating a clutch, and I need to keep the balcony quiet for her to come up and get her food while she takes care of the eggs.
omfg... I LOVE it...that is so awesome...you made my whole Sunday, and that's saying something because it's a meatless day so I am bitchy because today is the first day one could hang on the balcony and cook up a steak whilst ingesting massive quantities of wine

happy for Jakette

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
omfg... I LOVE it...that is so awesome...you made my whole Sunday, and that's saying something because it's a meatless day so I am bitchy because today is the first day one could hang on the balcony and cook up a steak whilst ingesting massive quantities of wine

happy for Jakette
Joe the Crow, Jake's husband, spends most of the day on a tall tree with a good view, and comes down like lightning on any bird, crow or otherwise, who gets close to the nest. Not good for the interlopers. Last year I saw Joe drive a Cooper's hawk out of the area by himself.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Joe the Crow, Jake's husband, spends most of the day on a tall tree with a good view, and comes down like lightning on any bird, crow or otherwise, who gets close to the nest. Not good for the interlopers. Last year I saw Joe drive a Cooper's hawk out of the area by himself.
we had such a fight out here right behind where i live yesterday...it lasted for hours...I live on the eighth floor and the spruce trees are above my balcony so the tops where the birds like to perch are eye level for me. I don't know what took place but we have a hawk that lives in the area...she has been here for years now...I heard a terrible commotion about 11ish. Screaming and screaming, calling and calling...look out the window and there are about five crows having a complete meltdown...flying like maniacs and just raving. I couldn't see anything and then, my eyes found her, perched on a branch just outside my window...they kept swooping her and there she sat. Finally as they landed on nearby branches she began to hiss and scream and they were diving her. I've never heard a hawk before make noise...wow, it was cat like with the hiss and ended in a scream.

It was eerie and the screams blood curdling. It went on and on and on.

Finally one of the neighbours got out some fire crackers hoping it would move them and break up the fight. He set off three in a row and off they flew.

Five minutes later it began again.

I finally left....I couldn't stand it. It sounded quite literally like, a murder of crows.

I don't know if she took an egg or if they attacked one of her babies...don't know...it was terrible though.

Nature is that way