Summer is almost upon us, and you know what that means

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
we had such a fight out here right behind where i live yesterday...it lasted for hours...I live on the eighth floor and the spruce trees are above my balcony so the tops where the birds like to perch are eye level for me. I don't know what took place but we have a hawk that lives in the area...she has been here for years now...I heard a terrible commotion about 11ish. Screaming and screaming, calling and calling...look out the window and there are about five crows having a complete meltdown...flying like maniacs and just raving. I couldn't see anything and then, my eyes found her, perched on a branch just outside my window...they kept swooping her and there she sat. Finally as they landed on nearby branches she began to hiss and scream and they were diving her. I've never heard a hawk before make noise...wow, it was cat like with the hiss and ended in a scream.

It was eerie and the screams blood curdling. It went on and on and on.

Finally one of the neighbours got out some fire crackers hoping it would move them and break up the fight. He set off three in a row and off they flew.

Five minutes later it began again.

I finally left....I couldn't stand it. It sounded quite literally like, a murder of crows.

I don't know if she took an egg or if they attacked one of her babies...don't know...it was terrible though.

Nature is that way
Have no fear. The crows will win. The hawks have muscles and sharp beaks and savage talons. . .

The crows have brains.

Game over.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Have no fear. The crows will win. The hawks have muscles and sharp beaks and savage talons. . .

The crows have brains.

Game over.
but I hope she is okay too...she is beautiful and this year the biggest she has ever been...she raises her babies here and when they are fledglings I watch her teach them to fly further and further from the nest for days until finally they leave

I like it when everyone wins...I know that isn't realistic but, I hope they are all okay.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The Flannel Chef soaks berries overnight in 190 proof hooch. Booze berries. 8 or 9 booze berries will make you giggly and over the limit for driving.

soaking dry prunes will do the same.........prunes will be all nicely plump next morning.

PLUS, this'll keep ya regular.

heathly eh ;-)