Stainless steel

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Green cleaners don't work very well on chrome bumpers......

For cheramic stove tops ashes and soda work great and are the greenest thing you can use.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
6 Ingredients for a clean (green) home:
1. Baking soda: Acts as a scrub to remove hard water stains; polishes metal; deodorizes pretty much anything it touches (try stashing some in the fridge).

2. Borax
: Mixed with three parts water, it makes a paste for cleaning carpet stains; mixed with ¼ part lemon juice, it cleans stainless steel and porcelain. (Note: although borax is a natural substance, you still shouldn’t eat it—and neither should your kids or pets.)

3. Lemon:
Deodorizes and cuts grease on counter tops; rubbed on cutting boards, it bleaches stains and disinfects; combined with baking soda, it removes stains from plastic food storage containers.

4. Salt:
Another natural scrubber—sprinkle it on cookware or oven surfaces, then rub; add citrus juice to turn it into an effective rust remover.

5. White vinegar: Deodorizes and disinfects; combine with water (and a little liquid soap—I know, it feels like cheating) to clean windows, mirrors, and floors; use at full strength in a spray bottle to fight mold and mildew.

6. Olive Oil: Mix two parts oil with one part lemon juice and use as a natural wood polish. (Save the really good stuff for dinner.)

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
My wife and I were thinking about upgrading and get more modern, stainless steel covered appliances in our kitchen.

But then we realized: Where would we put the pictures, paintings, scrawlings of our grand-children, now that we covered all our walls, if we can not attach them on our fridge with a magnet?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You must have experience with lego too eh? I swear some podiatrist developed lego to increase business, lol.

Oh yes Lego and other assorted bits and pieces that you can step on the wrong way a be limping for the next half an hour. I guess I have to take some responsibility since I picked the tile over Congolium lino. One thing about a lino floor is that you can ocassionally drop a glass on it and the glass will survive, The terracotta is absolutely unforgiving...If you drop a glass or a dish on it, it is history:smile:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Oh yes Lego and other assorted bits and pieces that you can step on the wrong way a be limping for the next half an hour. I guess I have to take some responsibility since I picked the tile over Congolium lino. One thing about a lino floor is that you can ocassionally drop a glass on it and the glass will survive, The terracotta is absolutely unforgiving...If you drop a glass or a dish on it, it is history:smile:
Maybe it's to do with height Juan. I dropped a glass on mine fully expecting a major explosion of glass but it survived! Being only 5 feet tall and holding the glass just above my waist may have made the tile more forgiving of the short drop. Who knows why it didn't break. I am not very forgiving of lego! Every piece I step on hits the trash! The kids don't bring it over anymore but I think it's more that they have outgrown it. They never saw me toss it and I never said anything.