Small businesses to start paying their fair share

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Also got a question for ya Cliffy; do you pay your fair share of taxes?

What do you consider to be a fair share of taxes? Some people rightfully object to taxes because they know full well it ends up being squandered by bureaucraps. A lot of people contribute to charities...........................for what? A tax credit of somewhere between 11 and 17%. Actually what Cliffy pays for taxes is probably no one else's business! The man was wiped out by a logging truck.......................cut him some slack! :)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What do you consider to be a fair share of taxes? Some people rightfully object to taxes because they know full well it ends up being squandered by bureaucraps. A lot of people contribute to charities...........................for what? A tax credit of somewhere between 11 and 17%. Actually what Cliffy pays for taxes is probably no one else's business! The man was wiped out by a logging truck.......................cut him some slack! :)

You have asked the fundamental question here in attempting to find out what exactly is fair share.

To date, that expression is nothing more than a wishy-washy and flaky metric that is meaningless, hence the reason that I italicized the expression that Cliffy decided to use.

That said, if anyone, including Cliffy wants to raise that banner, then it's only reasonable to determine if they too, have paid their fair share of taxes.

... Ironic that you mention the accident.... For an anarchist, he sure did do well on the taxpayer sponsored programs in which he (for political reasons) elected not to contribute

I've recently adopted your suspicions.

Never pegged you for a late bloomer

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You have asked the fundamental question here in attempting to find out what exactly is fair share.

To date, that expression is nothing more than a wishy-washy and flaky metric that is meaningless, hence the reason that I italicized the expression that Cliffy decided to use.

That said, if anyone, including Cliffy wants to raise that banner, then it's only reasonable to determine if they too, have paid their fair share of taxes.

... Ironic that you mention the accident.... For an anarchist, he sure did do well on the taxpayer sponsored programs in which he (for political reasons) elected not to contribute

Never pegged you for a late bloomer

I very much doubt that whatever compensation Cliffy received after the accident would cover the pain, suffering, loss of income and enjoyment of life.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Just watched the Netflix serious on Bernie Madoff and wow, talk about serious government ineptness - the SEC and the DOJ were negligent, that's for sure!

sherylburke

Time Out
Jan 11, 2023
New York
Fair point. At this point, small businesses need significant relief to survive. A consulting audit I did of my small business through “SPAM-Spam-Spam” showed that I may soon be out of my pants if the current economic situation doesn't turn the tables on small business. How many big corporations now have colossal profits, can't they take the missing tax dollars from them? If small businesses go bankrupt, what taxes can we talk about?
I don't think anyone will be able to recover from such a blow.