Should Canada talk to Hezbollah?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
No. There is absolutely no reason for Canada to hold talks with Hezbollah. Hezbollah has been classifed as a terrorist organization by the Canadian government for a reason. The Lebenese people have an elected government Canada can conduct talks with.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
What would be the point even if they weren't a terrorist organization? We aren't involved in the Israel/Hezbollah conflict. Maybe Canada should put diplomatic pressure on Israel to stop massacring Lebanese towns and destroying the countrys infrastructure.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
Since members of Hezbollah are already elected to the Lebanese parliament,any discussions with Lebanon will include elements of Hezbollah.
And after this latest 'war", sentiment in Lebanon is running pro-Hezbollah....so we might well expect to see more Hezbollah members elected.

agentkgb

Nominee Member
Aug 22, 2006
US
agentkgb.wordpress.com
RE: Should Canada talk to

I don't see any reason for Canada to talk to Hezbollah, it's not involved. I don't see any reason why Canada should avoid talking to them, though, if there was a reason to.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
If Canada has talks with Israel then they should talk to Hezbollah too because they are both terrorists. However I dont think Canada has enough world power to make a difference on it's own. It's up to the United Nations.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Gonzo said:
If Canada has talks with Israel then they should talk to Hezbollah too because they are both terrorists. However I dont think Canada has enough world power to make a difference on it's own. It's up to the United Nations.

The United Nations is useless. They haven't been able to do anything in Lebanon before, so why would you expect that to suddenly change?

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
sine000 said:
Should Canada talk to Hezbollah?

They must, they are active in their governement, active in the reconstruction, active everywhere right now in lebanon, and now Hezbollah can thankx israel for the gift they just gave them, which will be a strong support from lebanese peoples in the next election.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
RE: Should Canada talk to

Again , no proof has been given by the us "coalition of the willing" that Hezbollah is a terrorist organisation.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Re: RE: Should Canada talk to Hezbollah?

sine000 said:
United Nation=Failure

I agree with this, no wonder why the 5 permanent members are USA,UK,FRANCE( country of white Human rights)China( no comment) and russia, right there you understand why the United nations is a total failure.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Re: RE: Should Canada talk to Hezbollah?

sine000 said:
Israel aint no terrorist...

Israel on its own, aint no terrorist, but the governement is.