Shots fired on capitol hill

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
She hit a cop car and drove off, so they chased her down and shot her (condition unknown apparently? Dead?) with her kid in the car? What?

I really hope there is a lot more to the story than it is currently appearing.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
She hit a cop car and drove off, so they chased her down and shot her to death with her kid in the car? What?

I really hope there is a lot more to the story than it is currently appearing.
No, you pretty much have it. I hope the injured officer recovered from his airbag nosebleed.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
No, you pretty much have it. I hope the injured officer recovered from his airbag nosebleed.

Nosebleeds are nasty. They can damage your clothing too. All that blood.

At least they got one bad driver off the street. She may have next hit a mailbox or something.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
It looks like she refused to comply at some roadblock and drove away so they chased her. Then she hit the cop car so they forced her into a barricade and shot her.

God knows a white middle-aged women with a child in the car was most likely a terrorist and not just trying to drive down a public highway in a 'free' country. :roll:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It looks like she refused to comply at some roadblock and drove away so they chased her. Then she hit the cop car so they forced her into a barricade and shot her.

God knows a white middle-aged women with a child in the car was most likely a terrorist and not just trying to drive down a public highway in a 'free' country. :roll:

I liked when cops actually actually had to see a gun or at least a knife or a sharp stick before they could discharge their weapon.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Given the fact that not so long ago, the United States faced down the threat of imminent nuclear war, you’d think the mainstream media would put the threat posed by a woman ramming some gates near the White House in some kind of perspective.

Instead, the incident prompted a contrived freak out with alarmist rolling news coverage which went from characterizing the incident as a potential terror attack with attendant gun battle to clarifying that it was in fact a mentally disturbed woman with a baby who tried to ram some gates somewhere near the White House. The shots fired were all likely fired by law enforcement.

The woman was killed at the scene, according to reports. The child was unharmed.

“We have no information that this is related to terrorism or is anything other than an isolated incident,” US capitol police chief, Kim Dine later acknowledged.​

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Was it a Mitsubishi? They built the Zero that did in Pearl Harbour.

I think it was an Infiniti G37 coupe. They are all the rage with terrorists these days. :lol:

Given the fact that not so long ago, the United States faced down the threat of imminent nuclear war, you’d think the mainstream media would put the threat posed by a woman ramming some gates near the White House in some kind of perspective.

Instead, the incident prompted a contrived freak out with alarmist rolling news coverage which went from characterizing the incident as a potential terror attack with attendant gun battle to clarifying that it was in fact a mentally disturbed woman with a baby who tried to ram some gates somewhere near the White House. The shots fired were all likely fired by law enforcement.

The woman was killed at the scene, according to reports. The child was unharmed.

“We have no information that this is related to terrorism or is anything other than an isolated incident,” US capitol police chief, Kim Dine later acknowledged.​

By 'mentally disturbed' do you mean pissed off her rights and freedoms were being trampled by a govt that would rather shut down than actually do work for the people?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
By 'mentally disturbed' do you mean pissed off her rights and freedoms were being trampled by a govt that would rather shut down than actually do work for the people?

I would assume that anyone justifiably outraged instead of mentally unhinged would know better than to strap their kid into the car before trying to drive through a barrier.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I would assume that anyone justifiably outraged instead of mentally unhinged would know better than to strap their kid into the car before trying to drive through a barrier.

She didn't drive through it. She was apparently not happy about the roadblock and then wouldn't get out of her car for them so she turned around and drove away. That prompted them to chase her eventually forcing her to crash and shooting her.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

But these people are not like you and I, they have no respect for human rights, they use babies in terrorist attacks everyday.

I was disappointed when I read the story, at first I thought halallooja the first shot in the American Revolution has been fired. If the people realize what has happened maybe it will have been from that stupid cops penus xtension.