Security Council accepts No Fly Zone

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You are just wanting a scrap for the sake of a scrap. Do you take your dentures out before you start yelling war cries?

Ya know Cliffy, you often take the "save the planet and we're all brothers" line right up to the point where the bill has to be settled... Are you the guy that always, somehow, wanders off to the can just before the bill arrives at the table?

All of the utopian ideals that you demand cost cash Cliffy. Rightly or wrongly, that is the currency that makes sh*t actually happen, much more so than the philosophical rants of those that demand but never want to come up to scratch.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ya know Cliffy, you often take the "save the planet and we're all brothers" line right up to the point where the bill has to be settled... Are you the guy that always, somehow, wanders off to the can just before the bill arrives at the table?

All of the utopian ideals that you demand cost cash Cliffy. Rightly or wrongly, that is the currency that makes sh*t actually happen, much more so than the philosophical rants of those that demand but never want to come up to scratch.
Actually, what I am proposing would cost a whole hell of a lot than what we are consuming now. What I want to see is a lot less going on in the way of mindless consumerism, greed and selfishness and a lot more education, community and cooperation. There is more to reality than unfettered capitalism.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
''the US must import oil to operate''

No it does not. Electric power can supply all our needs. Further, we have more than enough coal and solar power to supply any other uses.

No solar power. It interferes with the migration of desert tortoises from hole to hole and thereby violates the Endangered Species Act. The Sierra Club will tie green energy up in federal and state courts for decades. Google Sierra Club v. Calico Solar Plant and you'll find out about the first of many lawsuits to come.

America needs more than energy. It needs a backbone.

Besides, Generalissimo Obama is going to get all the oil America needs in exchange for blood. Hooray for Generalissimo Obama.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It is time to just go over and bomb the hell out of this guys supporters. Attack everything that
can assist in a counter attack. All this stuff about its not the west's fight. It is, we need to
contain this in the middle east and make sure that no Sharia governments are formed. Sunni
tribes are tribes but more moderate than the Iranian brothers.
The future would suggest we are going to be in conflict with the Muslim World and I think it
will take a while but it will come down to an us or them world in the future, Unfortunate but true

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I wonder how many billions this will cost Canadians while my kids school is selling baked goods just to get a few needed textbooks and my sister is waiting 5 months for a neccessary surgery. Its about time we realized we have enough problems within our own borders and spend the money on ourselves.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Actually, what I am proposing would cost a whole hell of a lot than what we are consuming now. What I want to see is a lot less going on in the way of mindless consumerism, greed and selfishness and a lot more education, community and cooperation. There is more to reality than unfettered capitalism.

I don't think that this is a much an issue of unfettered capitalism as it is with our societal expectations today. We live in a world that demands immediate gratification and a pill to cure everything that ails ya.

I'd say that capitalism is simply responding to these pressures moreso than it is creating them.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
BENGHAZI, Libya (Reuters) – Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's forces pushed into the rebel-held city of Benghazi on Saturday, defying world demands for an immediate ceasefire and forcing rebels to retreat.
The advance into Libya's second city of 670,000 people appeared to be an attempt to pre-empt Western military intervention which diplomats say will come only after an international meeting on Paris on Saturday.
A Libyan rebel spokesman said Gaddafi's forces had entered Benghazi while a Reuters witness saw a jet circling over the city shot down and at least one separate explosion near the rebel movement's headquarters in the city.
"They have entered Benghazi from the west. Where are the Western powers? They said they could strike within hours," rebel military spokesman Khalid al-Sayeh told Reuters.
Gaddafi said Western powers had no right to intervene.
"This is injustice, this is clear aggression," government spokesman Mussa Ibrahim quoted Gaddafi as saying in a letter to France, Britain and the United Nations. "You will regret it if you take a step toward interfering in our internal affairs."
The Libyan government blamed the rebels, who it says are members of al Qaeda, for breaking the ceasefire around Benghazi.
Gaddafi defies West and pushes forces into Benghazi - Yahoo! News

So much for cease fires, guess both sides have to do it for there to be one. Americans will get hurt in this one.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
You guys in the US perpetually get the sh*t end of the stick... Send in troops and the hue and cry is that you are being imperialist colonizers.... Don't intervene and you're heartless b*stards who aren't living up to democratic standards... All on your own dime to boot.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I wonder how many billions this will cost Canadians while my kids school is selling baked goods just to get a few needed textbooks and my sister is waiting 5 months for a neccessary surgery. Its about time we realized we have enough problems within our own borders and spend the money on ourselves.

I call BS

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States

It is BS, why is it always education that is the first thing that gets a cut when there is a budget crunch. To late now, Canada opted to participate and France has started the shooting war over Libya, Italy has provided 6 bases as well as their air force.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
How can you float this stuff?

Millions of poor Americans are already covered by the government if they cannot afford Health Insurance. They've always been.

The Health Care Bill will FORCE those who can afford Health Insurance to buy a policy.

False. Try to tell that to any objective observer that keeps track of the uninsured in the U.S. Undeniable fact: there are about 50 million people in the U.S. uninsured, and the health care bill gives about 30 million of them a chance to get health insurance that they didn't have it before.

Suddenly you are no longer part of the "NO WAR FOR OIL" crowd.

Of course not... there is a Democrat in the Whitehouse. All of the "NO WAR" signs get put into storage.

Where is CODE PINK when you need them. :)

I was never a part of the "no war for oil" crowd, crazy pants.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
False. Try to tell that to any objective observer that keeps track of the uninsured in the U.S. Undeniable fact: there are about 50 million people in the U.S. uninsured, and the health care bill gives about 30 million of them a chance to get health insurance that they didn't have it before.

Yet the 50 million still get healthcare as needed....

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
And that the millions of poor and under privledged are and have always been covered in FULL by the state and government with regards to Health Insurance.

I can't believe you actually believe this B.S. There is very little government health insurance for the poor, especially if the poor people live in conservative red states that are ideologically opposed to government welfare. Try being a poor, uninsured person with health problems in the State of Georgia. You're not going to get any help from the government there.

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
So explain it then, if 50 million Americans are without health insurance, how is it possible that they are receiving healthcare in the big bad capitalist system?

They most often don't get health care. They convince themselves that it's too expensive to go to the doctor, and then they die from their untreated health problems.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Funny... No real answer in response.

So explain it then, if 50 million Americans are without health insurance, how is it possible that they are receiving healthcare in the big bad capitalist system?

Yes, how indeed?

If people are getting it top notch treatment without insurance what kind of idiot gets insurance?

Why is that Captain?

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah, sure. I guess that there are hundreds of thousands dying on the side walk outside of emergencies all across the nation.

They don't have to be on the sidewalk outside ERs all across the nation. Their untreated chronic diseases permit them to last a while, and then they die because of all those times they should have went to the doctor, but they didn't. They're is a reason why poorer people in the U.S. have a lower life expectency than richer people, guy.