Sea Shepherd's Paul Watson arrested in Germany

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

I saw it there many times in Robbers passage as we used that route to get to our fishing grounds. If you ever boated through there you would wonder How the hell they got it in. Very narrow passage with several reefs and even tricky with a 24 ft boat.
Watson is a total hypocrite and attention*****.

Well gentlemen, then press the local authorities to do something, like having him charged for whatever crime you think he's committed.

Letting Costa Rica erroneously, and unethically punish him for something he didn't do, so you can feel better about something you think he did do. Is just silly.

Good, send him off, make an example out of him.

They love taking the law into their own hands, yet cry foul when the real law catches up to them.

If he did nothing wrong, than face the courts & prove your innocence.
That's a huge leap, between the first line and the last.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Let's see... maybe because I'm the OP.

Also busy with s RL job... no time to follow Canadian news from the USA

A better question might be "Why are you posting a topic you know nothing about?"

Paul Watson, whether you agree with him or not, certainly believes in his cause. He has countless times put his own life on the line
to save whales that often end up as pet food. Is pet food a good reason to kill endangered whales? The Canadian government should
bring all the pressure they can on West Germany to get Watson released.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Paul Watson, whether you agree with him or not, certainly believes in his cause. He has countless times put his own life on the line
to save whales that often end up as pet food. Is pet food a good reason to kill endangered whales? The Canadian government should
I can only give you one thumbs up for that, but you deserve far more!

I do not agree with everything the man has said or done. But as you said, he has actually gone out and risked his life, for something he believes in to his very core.

I don't care who you are, that gets my respect.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A better question might be "Why are you posting a topic you know nothing about?"

\

I imagine they will release him pretty fast once they start paying his grub bill.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Letting Costa Rica erroneously, and unethically punish him for something he didn't do, so you can feel better about something you think he did do.....
Or you think he didn't.

Note that unlike you I've actually lived in Costa Rica/speak the language and have an idea of how the place works-quite unlike you.

Note-I apologise for putting you in a position where you feel you have to defend an bungling bloated lying swine like Watson-no one should feel so obligated.

RIP - Whale Wars Boat Flip Accident - Four Souls Lost - YouTube

I imagine they will release him pretty fast once they start paying his grub bill.
Yes the Greeks they'll pay for but there's nothing in this for the krauts but a hole in their prison budget.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... very suspicious. the event happened a decade ago and it's suddenly being processed now? doesn't sound right at all ..

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Well gentlemen, then press the local authorities to do something, like having him charged for whatever crime you think he's committed.

Letting Costa Rica erroneously, and unethically punish him for something he didn't do, so you can feel better about something you think he did do. Is just silly.

I said nothing, nor intended to about the Costa Rica situation which is apparently wrong.
I just detest that jerk but that does not mean i would advocate phoney charges. As to charges regarding the ship he "legally" abandoned here on the Island that is now swept under the rug, pressing local authorities is a virtual impossibility as i am sure you know well.
I would like to see him face charges regarding what i did see, when he/they tried to foul a ships props far from safety in the antarctic sea.
If most of the world having witnessed that situation and no charges i guess i'm impotent like the rest.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I said nothing, nor intended to about the Costa Rica situation which is apparently wrong.
I just detest that jerk but that does not mean i would advocate phoney charges. As to charges regarding the ship he "legally" abandoned here on the Island that is now swept under the rug, pressing local authorities is a virtual impossibility as i am sure you know well.
I would like to see him face charges regarding what i did see, when he/they tried to foul a ships props far from safety in the antarctic sea.
If most of the world having witnessed that situation and no charges i guess i'm impotent like the rest.
My apologies.

And another apology for lumping you in with Billy Boob.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

I'll give you a thumbs up for this statement..

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Not really.... if he did something, then send him off and make an example out of him.... if he's innocent, then face the courts and prove innocence. Not much of a leap at all.

compared to: "Letting Costa Rica erroneously, and unethically punish him for something he didn't do, so you can feel better about something you think he did do. Is just silly."

How do you know he didn't do something? How do you know Costa Rica is in the wrong or doing this in some unethical manner?

I imagne he did do something wrong simply based on past examples of what he and his organization have done.... but if he didn't do anything, then he shouldn't have anything to hide. Trying to avoid legal action and complaining about being extrodited to a country you're accused of doing something wrong speaks volumes in that they must think they did "Something" wrong and want to run away from the consequences.

Either way, if one doesn't like the laws / rules & punishment that is in place in a specific country, and if you think they're a little harsh with their criminal consequences, or even if you think they have some backwards way of life set in the stone ages...... Don't go into their territory/waters to screw around. Even if it wasn't in that country's waters, the vessel in question is still protected by the country they come from and that country will seek you out if they feel you did something wrong against their citizens.

How much balls does it take to say 'I said it, therefore I'm right'? Hell anybody can do that. LOL.

I do it all the time... usually followed up a few months later with "I told you so" :twisted:

2nd rate amateurs..... yeah, let's drop a small boat loaded with people into the ocean during high winds and from a larger ship moving at full speed in choppy waters.... yeah, nothing can go wrong there. :roll:

Even in such a stupid situation, if they unhooked them the moment they hit the water, they probably wouldn't have flipped in the first place.

Next time, use two cranes at both ends of the ship, rather than one in the centre that allows the thing to spin around like it did..... or slow your damn ship down..... or wait until the weather & winds are better..... or don't go out and act like a bunch of idiots in the first place.