Scientists warn the sun will 'go to sleep' in 2030

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
It has been well known that the sun varies in output. Was it lack of information or disregarding the known in this case?

Individual scientists can corrupt input variables or outright lie and make stuff up for their own purposes. Happens all the time. Classic case is Andrew Wakefield who published his infamous 1998 paper in The Lancet linking vaccines with autism. He was proven a fraud and I believe was actually imprisoned but to this day Jim Carey and other celebrities swear by his research. Muslims in Pakistan took it a step further and have murdered scores of medical workers trying to vaccinate against polio who they believe are trying to sterilize Muslims.

How many have become sick or died because of his fraudulent research it is unknown but again.....what is closer to the truth eventually comes out.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm no partisan. I vote for the candidate for MP or MLA that impresses me the most not for a party.

My current MP won't be getting my vote.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No it's not. First off we could stop subsidizing everything (and I mean everything) and start letting market forces dictate. I think people should be allowed to burn all the fossil fuel, flush all the water, throw out all the garbage they want etc....provided they paid the full and true cost to our environment, healthcare and infrastructure in the process. Let market forces dictate.

I agree we are screwed and there is too much to change in too little time. Even so called conservatives are addicted to tax subsidized tap water as an example.

Incorrect. The term for manipulating the weather is called geoengineering and covers everything from cloud seeding for rain to using rockets to disperse clouds to prevent it from raining like the Chinese did for the opening of the Beijing Olympics.
No subsidies would be a start . But what smart politician would ever look a campaign contribution out of his wallet ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Individual scientists can corrupt input variables or outright lie and make stuff up for their own purposes. Happens all the time. Classic case is Andrew Wakefield who published his infamous 1998 paper in The Lancet linking vaccines with autism. He was proven a fraud and I believe was actually imprisoned but to this day Jim Carey and other celebrities swear by his research. Muslims in Pakistan took it a step further and have murdered scores of medical workers trying to vaccinate against polio who they believe are trying to sterilize Muslims.

How many have become sick or died because of his fraudulent research it is unknown but again.....what is closer to the truth eventually comes out.

Which is exactly what the IPCC and a few earth first types did. LIED.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
I'm no partisan. I vote for the candidate for MP or MLA that impresses me the most not for a party.

My current MP won't be getting my vote.

While that may be true in the polling booth, the impression you've given me in your posts is that overwhelming scientific consensus cannot be trusted with respect to climate change and that in the field of climatology these particular scientists and other supporting disciplines (such as anthropology, astronomy etc) are inherently corrupt and perpetuating a global hoax with the intent to bolster a liberal conspiracy to increase tax levies.

That thinking is clearly partisan as you place the personal political belief over all else including science and clearly, when you articulate your position in writing as above....common sense.

BTW, I have no choice but to vote Conservative as the Liberal and NDP are currently unfit to govern.

Which is exactly what the IPCC and a few earth first types did. LIED.

So what?

Think about it......a handful out of 40000 scientists BS something and you paint all of them with the same brush?

Liberals think if a Canadian soldier rapes a woman the other 50000 soldiers are rapists case closed. Exact same logic.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
[

So what?

Think about it......a handful out of 40000 scientists BS something and you paint all of them with the same brush?

Liberals think if a Canadian soldier rapes a woman the other 50000 soldiers are rapists case closed. Exact same logic.[/QUOTE]

That is true. One person tells a lie, a bunch of LMC's believe it and it takes ten times as much work to repair the damage and even then there will be a few that continue to believe the lie for what ever reasons of their own.Now multi[ly that by a few thousand and you see why it is so much work to prove the globull warming truthers wrong.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I too believe in science I just don't believe those who distort it for their own ends
At least this infernal heat wave will end and we will have an abundance of ice.
Great idea

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
w.

So what?

Think about it......a handful out of 40000 scientists bs something and you paint all of them with the same brush?

Liberals think if a canadian soldier rapes a woman the other 50000 soldiers are rapists case closed. Exact same logic.

40,000?

I too believe in science I just don't believe those who distort it for their own ends
Great idea

Trusting Science and having faith in Science are separate worlds.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009

Ok Ok, that is a pretty small number. Of all the world's scientists of all disciplines are how many are there? 10 million? Most believe in AGW.

Trusting Science and having faith in Science are separate worlds.

What's the difference? Even the dictionary defines faith as a strong belief or trust.

Great idea

Here's the bottom line. If you believe in science then you believe in the likelihood of AGW based on the fact a lot of smart guys who study this think so. There is no other rational way to look at it. You either accept or reject science there is no middle ground and you can tell the same thing to the Liberals who reject food scientific research and believe GMO foods are poison and a rightwing conspiracy.

There is no such thing as disbelieving because a small minority were proven lying. It is like rejecting all medical science and research because of the guy who lied about vaccines and autism. So long as there are humans in the equation the data will be corruptible but you are throwing out the baby with the bath water so to speak.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Faith is absolute. Trust is between personas.

There is far too much emotion and emotional manipulation not to mention the half truths.

Remove the emotion and half truths and perhaps I my agree.