Scientists Discover New Snail Species, Name it After Greta Thunberg

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

LINK: http://www.news18.com/news/buzz/scientists-discover-new-snail-species-name-it-after-greta-thunberg-2510709.html

Scientists have discovered a new temperature-sensitive species of land snail, and have named it Craspedotropis gretathunbergae in honour of the Swedish teen activist Greta Thunberg for her efforts to raise awareness about climate change. If you hold an empty shell up to your ear you might hear "You've Stolen My Childhood! How Dare You! I want you to behave like your house is on fire. Hello Uncle George Soros. What do you mean we have to ride with the peasants in coach? Etc...."

The scientists, including evolutionary ecologist Menno Schilthuizen from Naturalis Biodiversity Center in the Netherlands, said the snails were found very close to the research field station at Kuala Belalong Field Studies Centre in Brunei.

Anyway, the rest at the LINK, etc...

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

LINK: http://www.news18.com/news/buzz/scientists-discover-new-snail-species-name-it-after-greta-thunberg-2510709.html

Scientists have discovered a new temperature-sensitive species of land snail, and have named it Craspedotropis gretathunbergae in honour of the Swedish teen activist Greta Thunberg for her efforts to raise awareness about climate change. If you hold an empty shell up to your ear you might hear "You've Stolen My Childhood! How Dare You! I want you to behave like your house is on fire. Hello Uncle George Soros. What do you mean we have to ride with the peasants in coach? Etc...."

The scientists, including evolutionary ecologist Menno Schilthuizen from Naturalis Biodiversity Center in the Netherlands, said the snails were found very close to the research field station at Kuala Belalong Field Studies Centre in Brunei.

Anyway, the rest at the LINK, etc...

Ah...........that is sooo cute. A snail. A crusty little critter that leaves slime in its wake. Nice.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We've only got 10 years to save the planet, warns Prince Charles on the 50th anniversary of landmark speech he gave on plastic pollution and other threats to the environment

• The Prince of Wales warns that humans have just ten years left to save planet
  • Comes 50 years after he warned about plastic waste and chemical discharge
  • This was regarded as 'completely potty' at the time, said Prince Charles
The Prince of Wales has issued a stark warning that humans have just ten years left to save the planet.
'We really do have to pull our fingers out now because the theory is we have got this decade left,' he declared.
Prince Charles was marking the 50th anniversary of a landmark speech he made on the environment by calling for nature to be put back at the centre of modern life.
In 1970, he had warned about the problems of plastic waste, chemicals being discharged into rivers and air pollution caused by factories, cars and planes. This was regarded as 'completely potty', said the Prince.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...0-years-save-planet-warns-Prince-Charles.html

I really don't care anymore. I hope he is right. I hope all you deniers get what's coming to you.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This sounds familiar. “ The end is nigh!!” It’s almost like I’ve heard this before every couple years about every couple years for the last half century.... And apparently it’s been going on since forever.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
We've only got 10 years to save the planet, warns Prince Charles on the 50th anniversary of landmark speech he gave on plastic pollution and other threats to the environment

The Prince of Wales has issued a stark warning that humans have just ten years left to save the planet.
'We really do have to pull our fingers out now because the theory is we have got this decade left,' he declared.
Prince Charles was marking the 50th anniversary of a landmark speech he made on the environment by calling for nature to be put back at the centre of modern life.
In 1970, he had warned about the problems of plastic waste, chemicals being discharged into rivers and air pollution caused by factories, cars and planes. This was regarded as 'completely potty', said the Prince.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...0-years-save-planet-warns-Prince-Charles.html

I really don't care anymore. I hope he is right. I hope all you deniers get what's coming to you.
Which would be ....?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

LOL............of course you care, Cliffy or you wouldn't keep posting climate hysteric nonsense...day after day after day.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Was it named Greta because it's slow?
That and the slime, pete. Here's a refreshing take on the kid.

[FONT=&quot]"There are a few things that we, the rational adults of the world who are not bowing to you like guilt-ridden obsequious Babbitts need to say to you, Greta.

First, we did not rob you of your childhood or of your dreams. You are the legatee of a magnificent technological civilization which my generation and the one before it and several others preceding it all the way to the Industrial Revolution and the Renaissance, bequeathed to you. That growth-driven, capitalist technological civilization has created the conditions for you to harangue us over our betrayal. It is a civilization that eradicated diseases such as small pox from the word, and that lifted millions out of abject poverty in a universe you think is dying and decaying. It assured you a life expectancy that exceeded that of your ancestors. Most likely by focusing on economic growth which you demonize, and scientific advancement, that civilization will further enhance a robust quality of life and health for your descendants.

Here is a hard truth to ponder, Greta: if the great producers of this world whom you excoriate were to withdraw their productivity, wealth and talents—in short—their minds from the world today, your generation would simply perish. Why? Because as children you have done nothing as yet, with your lives besides being born. This is what we expect of children until such time as they can be producers by learning from their elders. You are understandably social and ecological ballast. You are not yet cognitively advanced to replicate the structures of survival of which you are the beneficiaries."

[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "The apocalyptic world vision you hold has been a strip landing for those who have hated progress throughout history. Your apocalyptic predictions have been made for millennia, and, we’re still here. We will still be here long after you’ve grown up and we have forgiven you for skipping classes, thereby lowering the intelligence quotient of an entire generation."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2019/11/open-letter-greta-thunberg-jason-d-hill/[/FONT][/FONT]