Saudi Arabia expelling Canadian ambassador, suspending new trade

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Did you believe Trump would have denounced the Prince? Would Bama denounced him? Why isn't he denouncing him now? He did the right thing and took the repercussions out of his hands and placed into the hands of congress.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The Saudis have bought and paid for the whole damned lot of them but especially, the Americans and British.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
By investing heavily into our Oil industry, as well as managing their Oil output to keep us competitive in the marketplace
A pipeline or two would sure as hell help. We need to have to guts to get it done. I don't want to give the Saudis another nickel.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They are our competitor. They shouldn't have a hold on us, yet they do.

You admit it, they own you. The Prince of Saudi Arabia gave Trudeau a wake up... you don't have the muscle to push anyone around. No wonder Trudeau sent Canadians to the Saudi's to beg for forgiveness.

*snicker*

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You admit it, they own you. The Prince of Saudi Arabia gave Trudeau a wake up... you don't have the muscle to push anyone around. No wonder Trudeau sent Canadians to the Saudi's to beg for forgiveness.
*snicker*
If their being a competitor means that they "own us", it leads one to believe that the United States of America is owned by the Russian Federation and the People's Republic of China ... which, come to think of it, is the case ...

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If their being a competitor means that they "own us", it leads one to believe that the United States of America is owned by the Russian Federation and the People's Republic of China ... which, come to think of it, is the case ...

Your words...

"They shouldn't have a hold on us, yet they do"

Translation... the Saudi's own you. You admit it.

*snicker*

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Prince?? I thought I was helping a Princess escape an arranged marriage. Fuk, 3rd time this year I fell for that, fuk, fuk, fukity, fuk. Ah, I'm feeling a bit light-headed, is that good??

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Saudis punished Canada by halting shipments in ports, denying visas: memo

The document went on to list numerous measures, including:
— Requests for existing contracts to be replaced by new contracts with non-Canadian suppliers.
— Denial of access to military bases.
— Payment delays.
— Re-routing of flights for product supplies.
— Prevention of a Canadian company from importing and selling medication.
— Government ministries issuing orders to ban food and medication from Canada.
— Various shipments from Canada being completely stopped at Saudi ports.
The note was created last September for Carr in preparation for his meeting with members of the Canada Arab Business Council, who have interests in the kingdom.
The additional details of the dispute with Saudi Arabia emerge as Canada tries to manage other, bigger trade-related challenges with its two largest partners, the United States and China.
Saudi Arabia has previously been a key partner for Canada in the Middle East and, according to a separate internal briefing note, the countries had more than $4 billion worth of trade in 2017. That year, Saudi Arabia had $1.28 billion worth of direct invest...………..much more in link